OK, so, really, Why is P-Diddy famous?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Puffy had Biggie killed so he could be vault into stardom. Fuck dude, I know it's all hugs and champagne on TV, but I know a guy who was in the office with Steven Stoute and Puffy one day and Biggie "kicked in the door" saying "Where's my quarterly check Puff, if you don't pay me, I'll kill you." Plus he was gonna make his own label with Nas and Jay when they all got along.
    Peace
    T.N.

C'mon, man.

• It is a question not worth mentioning or even thinking about. It's the same as "why does Paris Hilton matter?" She doesn't.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The Sean John clothing line - I think he's been expanding into women's and more formal lines as well...

he also wants to start a hotel. dude is cheezy.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i love p diddy threads with pictures of dicks in them

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Umm..lets see.

He brought out B.I.G., one of the greatest rappers of all time.

Built a rap music empire.

Put out the lox.

Brought mase into the game.

Directed outkasts first video.

starred in a play on broadway.

oh yeah... brought out mary j. blige.

Started a clothing company that was making over 400 million dollars a year.

had a couple hit t.v. reality shows.

Recently put out the Boyz in the hood album that was very good.

Hes been in a few movies.

Dated J. lo.

Was the subject of a high profile court case.

Basicly molded the direction of pop music for the latter half of decade.

I know im forgetting a ton of shit.

Oh yeah, he had a couple multiplatinum albums too.

I think he started a magazine or two.

take that, take that, take that.

is that enough? Jeez.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    i love p diddy threads with pictures of dicks in them

Sean John raer?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    anyone hear about the book violetta wallace released recently. the one quote i heard about it from the radio was-

"puffy loved my son... after he died"

• Umm..lets see.

He brought out B.I.G., one of the greatest rappers of all time.
    10 years ago

Built a rap music empire.
    10 years ago

Put out the lox.
    I'm not sure that this is a great thing, but it was still 10 years ago

see above

Directed outkasts first video.
    Didn't know that. But that had to be a long time ago.

starred in a play on broadway.
    Didn't know that.

Long time ago.

Started a clothing company that was making over 400 million dollars a year.
    OK. But whenever I see that stuff at the mall I always wonder, who wears this? But either way, I'll take this as an answer.

I thought he had one. And was it a hit? I don't watch reality shows so i guess i wouldn't know. but since this is closer to the present then this probably has something to do with it.

Recently put out the Boyz in the hood album that was very good.
    as in the movie?

what movies?

Dated J. lo.
    OK.

Was the subject of a high profile court case.
    OK.... I'll accept that I guess... even though I don't remember much of anything about it. was it about shooting or something?

But hasn't done anything music-wise this decade... that I've ever heard of anyways.

I know im forgetting a ton of shit.
    You know more than I ever did.

Oh yeah, he had a couple multiplatinum albums too.
    A long time ago.

I think he started a magazine or two.
    Never heard of it.

take that, take that, take that.

Taken, taken, and taken.

is that enough? Jeez.

Actually yeah, I guess with the clothing and the reality show, thats enough to make him a celebrity. Even though I never knew anybody actually took his clothing line seriously, like, I dont know, Polo, or Guess, or whatever.

Either way, I guess you answered my question.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

what movies?

just saw this shit for 5.50 at target, plaese to pick up if you have not wtinessed the knowledge

• Hes been in a few movies.
    what movies?

just saw this shit for 5.50 at target, plaese to pick up if you have not wtinessed the knowledge

He was in Monsters Ball too.

• Umm..lets see.

He brought out B.I.G., a decent rapper who had the fortune of dying before falling off.[/b] .
    10 years ago

Put out the lox.
    A terrible crime.[/b]

A terrible crime.[/b]

Props.[/b]

A terrible crime.[/b]

Dated J. lo.
    Props[/b] .

"....uh...yeah...uh...yeah...bad boy..."[/b]

• How many tracks has puffy really done tho? Not just give it an AOK and put his name down on it? He had a nice lil team working for him for awhile mind you.

How many tracks has puffy really done tho? Not just give it an AOK and put his name down on it? He had a nice lil team working for him for awhile mind you.

How many tracks has puffy really done tho? Not just give it an AOK and put his name down on it? He had a nice lil team working for him for awhile mind you.

• Puffy had Biggie killed so he could be vault into stardom. Fuck dude, I know it's all hugs and champagne on TV, but I know a guy who was in the office with Steven Stoute and Puffy one day and Biggie "kicked in the door" saying "Where's my quarterly check Puff, if you don't pay me, I'll kill you." Plus he was gonna make his own label with Nas and Jay when they all got along.
    Peace
    T.N.

C'mon, man.

please to cite this source. also didn't BIG's mom recently turn on Puff?

• that was a long time ago though

Thats why I ask.... I'm not mad at p-diddy at all. In fact I consider some of his remixes to be stone cold classics (give me one more chance, you're all I need, etc).

I don't think he produced those.

So what?

Puff got the right mix of creative people together. Same thing Berry Gordy did. That's significant in and of itself.

Puffy had Biggie killed so he could be vault into stardom. Fuck dude, I know it's all hugs and champagne on TV, but I know a guy who was in the office with Steven Stoute and Puffy one day and Biggie "kicked in the door" saying "Where's my quarterly check Puff, if you don't pay me, I'll kill you." Plus he was gonna make his own label with Nas and Jay when they all got along.
    Peace
    T.N.

C'mon, man.

please to cite this source. also didn't BIG's mom recently turn on Puff?

If that's addressed to me, my source was a Google image search for the phrase "Poptarts Whispering Girlishly".

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    How many tracks has Dr. Dre[/b] really done tho? Not just give it an AOK and put his name down on it? He had a nice lil team working for him for awhile mind you.

didn't BIG's mom recently turn on Puff?

anyone hear about the book violetta wallace released recently. the one quote i heard about it from the radio was-

"puffy loved my son... after he died"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    My friend Marcellus from awhile back was friends with Steven Stoute and was there in the office when that incident took place .

My friend Marcellus from awhile back was friends with Steven Stoute and was there in the office when that incident took place .

Fine--you know how long the list of rappers that have at some point threatened an exec is? Do you really think that this anecdote establishes that Puff had Biggie killed?

No. But it doesn't hurt the case. Dude was there, said they weren't hugs and kisses and that was his theory. Keeping in mind BIG was leaving the label and doing the thing with Jay and Nas, Bad Boy would be ruined. He wasn't killed in NY because they prolly woulda maybe caught his killer, he was killed in LA, where 2Pac's death could've been shifted to explain BIG's shooting death. The pieces fit decently, but in lawyer speak, it's all quite circumstantial. If it means anything, I think Suge had 2Pac killed for the same reason--> leaving the label.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    How many tracks has Dr. Dre[/b] really done tho? Not just give it an AOK and put his name down on it? He had a nice lil team working for him for awhile mind you.

• He throws a lot of parties too. I think he's more famous for that right now than anything

http://www.soundchron.com

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    He throws a lot of parties too. I think he's more famous for that right now than anything

http://www.soundchron.com

"you got a diddy party, then a diddy after party, then a diddy after AFTER party, which is basically just a pre party to the next diddy party"

No. But it doesn't hurt the case. Dude was there, said they weren't hugs and kisses and that was his theory. Keeping in mind BIG was leaving the label and doing the thing with Jay and Nas, Bad Boy would be ruined. He wasn't killed in NY because they prolly woulda maybe caught his killer, he was killed in LA, where 2Pac's death could've been shifted to explain BIG's shooting death. The pieces fit decently, but in lawyer speak, it's all quite circumstantial. If it means anything, I think Suge had 2Pac killed for the same reason--> leaving the label.

"It doesn't hurt the case"?

What kind of a standard is that for establishing guilt?

You haven't even made the case to begin with.

And the B.I.G./Jay/Nas thing is just some internet fanboy BS--you're talking like it was a foregone conclusion.

This is not what lawyers refer to as "circumstantial evidence"--it doesn't rise to that level.

i can't make a case because i don't know enough info. it is gossip, but gossip established out of facts. all i'm saying is, possibly leaving the label and friction between them.

i can't make a case because i don't know enough info. it is gossip, but gossip established out of facts. all i'm saying is, possibly leaving the label and friction between them.

That describes every single rapper who ever signed an exploitive contract and then blew up--in short, pretty much every successful rapper ever.

The LOX wanted to leave, too. Did Puff have them killed? No, he found ways to continue getting money from them and let them go.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

The LOX wanted to leave, too. Did Puff have them killed? No, he found ways to continue getting money from them and let them go. [/b]

THIS is why hes famous

• No. But it doesn't hurt the case. Dude was there, said they weren't hugs and kisses and that was his theory. Keeping in mind BIG was leaving the label and doing the thing with Jay and Nas, Bad Boy would be ruined. He wasn't killed in NY because they prolly woulda maybe caught his killer, he was killed in LA, where 2Pac's death could've been shifted to explain BIG's shooting death. The pieces fit decently, but in lawyer speak, it's all quite circumstantial. If it means anything, I think Suge had 2Pac killed for the same reason--> leaving the label.

"It doesn't hurt the case"?

What kind of a standard is that for establishing guilt?

You haven't even made the case to begin with.

And the B.I.G./Jay/Nas thing is just some internet fanboy BS--you're talking like it was a foregone conclusion.

This is not what lawyers refer to as "circumstantial evidence"--it doesn't rise to that level.

"you, mister, are nowhere near establishing a sufficient level of culpability here. are you playing games with me? are you? good."

i'd tap!