OK, so, really, Why is P-Diddy famous?

Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
What exactly does he do? I know what he did 10 years ago.... but what exactly does he do now? He's like a mega-celebrity now, but I'm not even sure why....Snoop is a mega-celebrity too, but I know what he does. If somebody were to ask me why snoop is famous I could answer. If someone were to ask me why p-diddy is famous I would honestly have no idea.....Somebody school me.... I'm genuinely curious as to why he is more famous now that 10 years ago when he was actually doing stuff.....

Comments

• he invented the remix.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    he was bangin j lo

• he was bangin j lo

I wouldn't mind being famous for that.... but he is more famous that J-lo right now, so I'm not sure thats it.....

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    he uses pro-activ

• He is like Trump. He is rich and really good at PR & BS.

• he uses pro-activ

It preserves his sexy, you know.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    he constantly reminds us his best friend died

he constantly reminds us he invented the remix

he constantly reminds us "he don't stop,he won't stop,he can't stop"

so i somewhat feel obligated to watch him to see what he'll do next..eventhough he hasn't done anything since his best friend died

and oh yeah i think he owns MTV

• He is rich and really good at PR & BS
    He is rich and really good at PR & BS

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• Ran the NYC marathon (while rocking a mohawk).

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Funny lil "diddy"...

I can remember being in NYC around 97-98 and someone who worked at Bad Boy was telling me that Puffy hadn't paid the electricity bill and there was no lights or anything.

But I would think he's probably famous for makin' somethin' outta nuthin'
    Or knew how to ride the right people to get there. Don't get me wrong. I respect him. The guy works harder in a day, than most of us in a month.

Great to see a guy who started out doing parties to get so big.

I guess thats why he's famous. Partying...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    he makes bands

and likes cheese cake

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    He is like Trump. He is rich and really good at PR & BS...

He's as businessman...like the BAD BOY Will Smith with a dash of Real Estate Mogul thrown in...I don't like his music or ideas...but I'd like to have his bank account and be able to genuinely say what my history was with J-Lo...

• If I could have made millions by looping 80s pop songs... Sheeeeit, I would have done it in a heartbeat!!!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    the dude worked really fucking hard and built his business out of almost nothing... he also changed the music biz and pop music along the way...

that was a long time ago though

• that was a long time ago though

Thats why I ask.... I'm not mad at p-diddy at all. In fact I consider some of his remixes to be stone cold classics (give me one more chance, you're all I need, etc).

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    The Sean John clothing line - I think he's been expanding into women's and more formal lines as well...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I think Snoop's been famous for being famous (and not so much a rapper) at a couple points in his career too though

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo,

Today, P Diddy is now the black, male Paris Hilton. There are some folks who are able to be famous at being famous.

• Yo,

Today, P Diddy is now the black, male Paris Hilton. There are some folks who are able to be famous at being famous.

• real love (remix) was a good start

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    How many tracks has puffy really done tho? Not just give it an AOK and put his name down on it? He had a nice lil team working for him for awhile mind you.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    he constantly reminds us "he don't stop,he won't stop,he can't stop"

AS WE PROCEED

TO GIVE YOU WHAT YOU NEED!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yo,

That's not fair--yes, Puffy going to a particular party is now news just cause he's Puff, but he did actually do quite a few things to reach that level of celebrity. And he continues to do things--just not really in music.

I'd say he's more of a fashion dude than anything else these days.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Puffy had Biggie killed so he could be vault into stardom. Fuck dude, I know it's all hugs and champagne on TV, but I know a guy who was in the office with Steven Stoute and Puffy one day and Biggie "kicked in the door" saying "Where's my quarterly check Puff, if you don't pay me, I'll kill you." Plus he was gonna make his own label with Nas and Jay when they all got along.
    Peace
    T.N.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo,

That's not fair--yes, Puffy going to a particular party is now news just cause he's Puff, but he did actually do quite a few things to reach that level of celebrity. And he continues to do things--just not really in music.

I'd say he's more of a fashion dude than anything else these days.

I guess dude parlayed his musical fame into other shit. Paris has done the same, albeit she didn't make music videos. She came out some perfume that she was hyping in Montreal. Diddy was here, too recently - something with his clothing line.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Plus he was gonna make his own label with Nas and Jay when they all got along.

That label could have really invented the remix.

• Puffy had Biggie killed so he could be vault into stardom. Fuck dude, I know it's all hugs and champagne on TV, but I know a guy who was in the office with Steven Stoute and Puffy one day and Biggie "kicked in the door" saying "Where's my quarterly check Puff, if you don't pay me, I'll kill you." Plus he was gonna make his own label with Nas and Jay when they all got along.

Peace

T.N.

reason for edit: uncalled for, overly obscene jpeg (even for a young boss)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Why you lettin your chain swang JP? Who took that pic?