Favourite scratch Solo

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Primo really got me open with the scratching on "The Illest Brother." It's simple, but his pattern is so goddamn funky.

Y E S.

And Aser, it was Qbert who did the "Run the Line" scratches.

I can't think of an all time favorite cause there's just too many to name, but I'll tell you one of the craziest one's is what Q did with James Brown's "1,2,3,ungh!" over Theme From the Planets on Demolition Pumpkin Squeeze.

Someone should post a clip of that up for folls to hear (I don't have it on my comp).

Fuck it, everyone should post clips of these!

• D-Styles on "razor alcohol slide"

The Listen solo wasn't too shabby either.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    oof.......memory is hazy, I think I get the two mixed up (run the line vs unassisted). I assume d-styles did unassited then....

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Primo really got me open with the scratching on "The Illest Brother." It's simple, but his pattern is so goddamn funky.

Y E S.

And Aser, it was Qbert who did the "Run the Line" scratches.
    I can't think of an all time favorite cause there's just too many to name, but I'll tell you one of the craziest one's is what Q did with James Brown's "1,2,3,ungh!" over Theme From the Planets on Demolition Pumpkin Squeeze.

Someone should post a clip of that up for folls to hear (I don't have it on my comp).

Fuck it, everyone should post clips of these!
    Yes keep the scratch alive! Yes Q cut the hell out of that James Brown sample. some wavs of this ish would be nice since all my early scratch ish is on tape...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Vin Diesel knows the time...

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Vin Diesel knows the time...

What Damn....
    I never like dude...but you don't see Van Damme rockin any Piklez gear

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    By the way Mike is still the man dammit!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Fuck all the bullshit:

Daddy Rich on 3rd Bass' "Products of the Environment" Remix.

• Cage - Agent Orange

the "..people said his brain was infected by devils.." cut up. Simple but dope

• I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING:

Magic Mike on "Def And Direct"
    Jazzy Jeff on "Live At Union Sq"

THANKS!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Fuck all the bullshit:

The tranform in the into of that song is so great.

Special Ed - "Ready to Attack" (Dj Akshun)

Gangstarr - "Ex Girl to the next girl"

Epmd - "Funky Piano" Dj Scratch.

Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - "The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff"

Tuff Crew - "Mountain's World" DJ Too Tuff.Actually all the cuts on that album were nice.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - "The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff"

on the old-school side, Jeff had it locked. his Slick Rick cuts on "As We Go" were dope, the JB scream on "Pump Up the Bass." the whole "He's the DJ" album was fire from a scratch perspective.

Q-bert on "Bear Witness"
    Revolution on "Bringin' It Back" remix
    big cosign on those

Some other slept on jawns...

A-Trak on Obscure Disorder's "2004" featuring Non-Phixion
    Mix Master Mike on that first Swollen Members 12", the track with Del

and let's not forget Mase on "Say No Go"

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    D-Styles on Third Sight - Rhymes Like A Scientist

• that one with Babu on My Vinyl Weighs a Ton is real good too. cant remember the name off the top.

casio.. crazy ill

• terminator x(or was it)- you`re gonna get yours remix

cosign on 'illest brother'(why didn`t that track make it to 12"??)

• I'll tell you one of the craziest one's is what Q did with James Brown's "1,2,3,ungh!" over Theme From the Planets on Demolition Pumpkin Squeeze.

HOLY SHIT! FUCK YEASH! I still can't even pull those cuts from 94 TODAY! It's like dude was "hydroplaning" the record and pulling it back right away....

rhymes like a scientist

thats wha im sayin'....thats ....thats what im sayin....i...i got rhy-rhymes like scien-scientist....scientist...scien-tist

• the whole of DPSM is

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Sinista on Common Sense

this is the first thing that popped into my head when i saw this thread. "i'm petey wheatstraw from the sout-sou-uh-sout-sou-uh-s-s-s-sou-southside of chicago"

• cosign with miz, jazzy jeff at union square... Also always liked the intro to Fear of a Black Planet - Contract on the World... the scratches over the track were nothing technical but always seemed the closest to being soulful a scratch could get...

The illest video I ever saw was watching DJ SoundMachine school Q-Bert... watching Q-Bert try and do the breakdown cut that soudn did and not being able to do it...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    This is such an easy question to answer for me

Q-Bert's scratching on this is absolutely amazing to me.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Fuck all the bullshit:

those LL cuts are R I D I C U L O U S

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    daddy rich is just that dude.....he doesn't get mentioned enough.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    De la soul - Saturdays.

Baby scratch for days.

- spidey

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    De la soul - Saturdays.

Baby scratch for days.

- spidey

Not be DJ Anal Retention, but that's more of an accent scratch, than a solo, no?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    [Tuff Crew - Mountain's World DJ Too Tuff.Actually all the cuts on that album were nice.

cosizizzle

• De la soul - Saturdays.

Baby scratch for days.

- spidey

that baby scratch is actually a sample from a Fearless 4 track called F4000. I know what you mean though, that s**t is hot

• not really a solo but every dj has their different solos in the track, peanut butter wolf 'tale of 5 cities' - i just put this shit on after about 2yrs of not hearing it some of the cuts are ridiculous..

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    that baby scratch is actually a sample from a Fearless 4 track called F4000. I know what you mean though, that s**t is hot

- spidey

• The illest video I ever saw was watching DJ SoundMachine school Q-Bert... watching Q-Bert try and do the breakdown cut that soudn did and not being able to do it...

is that the one in the hotel room in richmond?... my friend showed me that a couple years back, and i had to rewind it like 20 times... sound kills shit

• The illest video I ever saw was watching DJ SoundMachine school Q-Bert... watching Q-Bert try and do the breakdown cut that soudn did and not being able to do it...

is that the one in the hotel room in richmond?... my friend showed me that a couple years back, and i had to rewind it like 20 times... sound kills shit

haha yeh that is the one... video is straight chuckles.