Favourite scratch Solo

13»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Sinista on Common Sense

this is the first thing that popped into my head when i saw this thread. "i'm petey wheatstraw from the sout-sou-uh-sout-sou-uh-s-s-s-sou-southside of chicago"

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Mark B. & Blade & Mr Thing "Ya Don't See The Signs"

• The illest video I ever saw was watching DJ SoundMachine school Q-Bert... watching Q-Bert try and do the breakdown cut that soudn did and not being able to do it...

is that the one in the hotel room in richmond?... my friend showed me that a couple years back, and i had to rewind it like 20 times... sound kills shit

haha yeh that is the one... video is straight chuckles.

plaese to post video...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Tuff Crew - "Mountain's World" DJ Too Tuff.Actually all the cuts on that album were nice.

First time i heard "Show 'em hell" on the radio back in 89/90, it definitely changed my world, 2Tuff is the shit!! Whatever happened to Tuff Crew?

• Third Sight - Oh Fuck.
    Im saying, I think D-Styles is my all around fave cutter save DJ Scratch and Richie Rich.

Silver

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

• Tuff Crew - "Mountain's World" DJ Too Tuff.Actually all the cuts on that album were nice.

First time i heard "Show 'em hell" on the radio back in 89/90, it definitely changed my world, 2Tuff is the shit!! Whatever happened to Tuff Crew?

A friend got in contact with their old manager but he proved to be useless.

DJ Too Tuff the Deuce Ace Detonator - Dead.
    Tone Love - Has his own Christian Rap/R&B label.
    Overlord Ice Dog - M.I.A.
    Lyrical Auditor Kidd - ?

fringe members...
    Smooth K - ?
    Monty G - ?

They released 2 rare 12" prior to Phanjam, 'Philly Style" 85 & "Get Smart" 87 on cream coloured So Def label. The DJ was called Shiver. Not sure if it was Too Tuff.
    But Too Tuff has to be one of the most overlooked djs in hip hop.
    One of the best crews ever. Ever. EVER...

• chasechase 767 Posts
    Q on PB Wolf's "Phonys"
    Jazzy Jeff on "Live at Union Square"

I can still air scratch Live at Union perfectly

• terminator x(or was it)- you`re gonna get yours remix

That was Johnny Juice weren't it? Didn't he do a lot of the early PE scratches (even the ones credited to T-X)