Does anybody actually like Cage?

13»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    ok, his first single was kinda raw.

He looks like ako/edan now.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i've never listened to Cage, but he seems like he's putting alot more work into his shit than he all the rappers that you guys choke balls on...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

Anyone familiar with Cage's NY radio appearances and bootlegs throughout the mid-90s knows that he equaled the Pete Nice verse many times over. There is just no denying that he had a consistent output of amazing verses, sick flow, etc. around that time. Just refer to "The Muppet Show" or his WFMU promo with Godfather Don.

Unless you post mp3s we cannot possibly believe you on this.

Touche. Unfortunately my only internet connection is at work, where I am utterly mp3less. You can trust me, tho.

And I forgot about the guest verse on the el-p album. That was a great, relatively recent example of how dope he can be. It's actually the only track I can really listen to off that album.

I ...never really could feel cats he does stuff with

Absolutely agree x 10

• i do admit I liked that agent orange beat..wasnt that the clockwork orange sample? I sold my on ebay years ago for more than i expected

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i've never listened to Cage, but he seems like he's putting alot more work into his shit than he all the rappers that you guys choke balls on...

what the hell does this mean? P*t*r, I know english is your first language, so why does this read like hungarian run through a Yahoo! translation webpage?

• Hold on, I just heard some other song where hes rapping about how hes a psycho. Or hes crazy or something.

I believe he spent some time in a mental institution because his mom didn't want to deal with him for awhile, even though there was nothing mentally wrong with him (so goes the rumor). Technically I'm supposed to be in a crew that he's a part of called Cardboard City, but I'm kind of apathetic about the whole thing and haven't spoken to those involved in over a year. I guess I'm off the team. I got a nice t-shirt out of it though!

whats yer name? ill be sure to let cats know about your apathy....

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Hold on, I just heard some other song where hes rapping about how hes a psycho. Or hes crazy or something.

I believe he spent some time in a mental institution because his mom didn't want to deal with him for awhile, even though there was nothing mentally wrong with him (so goes the rumor). Technically I'm supposed to be in a crew that he's a part of called Cardboard City, but I'm kind of apathetic about the whole thing and haven't spoken to those involved in over a year. I guess I'm off the team. I got a nice t-shirt out of it though!

whats yer name? ill be sure to let cats know about your apathy....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I mean really?

This was mildly entertaining.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    noone seem to be complaining about the cage track in the new dj shadow mix!

• damn that cage track on the new shadow mix is a real lowpoint. fresh mix otherwise though.

• as a white guy myself(that would never try to rap)..I really cant stand white rappers except for paul wall at the moment. all that non phixon-cage-necro-blah blah blah shit all sucks. maybe its just me..and what do I know. I just cant get into it. Id be embarrassed for people to hear that shit bumping from my ride...where Mr Wall on the other hand sounds great coming outta the trunk.

Ill Bill is sorta nice though. Peep "how to kill a cop." one of my favs, despite the violent content.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Ill Bill is the TRUTH!!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Ill Bill is sorta nice though