drinking in the shower

vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
edited October 2014 in Strut Central
i drink beer in the shower sometimes when i get home from work. sometimes i'll even bring a cocktail (gin & tonic) in there if i'm feeling spicy.

does anyone else do this? i've been told it's "borderline problematic".... i think it's the perfect way to kill time until you find the right temp.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    No. My wife would be worried.

• Yes definitely. A cold beer in the shower is great.

Problematic? Like alcoholic-wise or for other reasons?

I'll sip on some coffee in the shower too. But the bottle or cup has to be outside the spray.

• SensiRider said:

Problematic? Like alcoholic-wise or for other reasons?

yes. alcoholic-wise... but I'm not, quite thankfully.

when i lived alone in my early 20s I'd roll into the shower with a king can and a lit cigarette. when it was clean time id ditch the butt in the tawlit.

it seems to be a pretty divisive activity when mentioned.... i mean, it doesn't have to be ALL business. #washyoass

• Used to have a beer in the shower before heading out quite regularly.
    Also had a place with a good sized, head / shoulder level window that opened right out in the shower zone, so yeah...
    the cigarette and beer in the shower happened a few times, more because I could I think than anything.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The beers, I'm OK with. But the electronic device management is questionable, i.e. Unwind with the beer but don't risk ruining your stuff documenting it ;)

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Never even considered it.

I will now.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    My initial reaction to the thread title was what would he be drinking in the shower? Pee? Imagine my relief that this was an alcohol thread :smirk: (although fuck know's what that says about my psyche that piss was the first questionable).

I'm no alcoholic (and trust, I know firsthand), but my main related vice is dosing my coffee in the mornings with whisky (or rum, or brandy) some days when work is slow (like tomorrow I don't start work until 7pm, so wake up, put some tunes on, make the coffee, add some rum and Bob's my uncle).

If I'm really doing it properly though, waking up to coffee with Bailey's Irish cream is the shit. You're in grave danger of going back to sleep not long after, but in my student days me & the bird spent many blissful days inducing early hangover naps with this and spliffs.

But as to the shower question, no. Smoking joints in the bath is the closest I got. Never thought about mixing booze with hygiene.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    The only thing that is problematic is keeping the soap out of your drink. Other wise who cares. I have a cup of coffee on the bathroom counter in the morning and a glass of wine in the evening. Being an alcoholic means you are doing a lot worse things than this.

• totally legit

• Bon Vivant said:
    Never even considered it.

I will now.

you must. if only to live up to le convivalit├® d'├®picurean of your nom de plume.

necking an ice cold brew while getting a post-work schvitz on :necessary: :lush:

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Definitely used this move a pre-game activity before going out for the night back in my single/childless days. A simple pleasure that feels decadent somehow, I miss it. I may have to try it again for old times sake.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    i booze'n'shower - even now with kids (ESPECIALLY now...) - but i always leave the beer on the counter... never even thought to bring it in.

b/w

props on the kingfisher

• I have not tried this. I cannot imagine why.

• Duderonomy said:

But as to the shower question, no. Smoking joints in the bath is the closest I got. Never thought about mixing booze with hygiene.

you can even play a little game where you can see how far away you can hold the can/bottle and still pour it into your mouth. you can just wyle out in there and there are no consequences.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Vintageinfants, meet the Shakoozie:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Perhaps the California drought propaganda has gotten to me, but I try to shower as quickly as possible: on it goes, heat in seconds, soap everything up, shampoo, rinse off, off it goes. Done. I do all my drinking before and relieving myself during.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Pre-celiac diagnosis, I would suck down (pasue), an ice cold Steam Whistle after playing an hour or so of hockey. Beers in the shower are a must after any sweaty endeavours...including teh sexytime.

• Yeah but who dribnks/masturbates/cries in the shower concurrently?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Never thought about beer in the shower before; now can't stop thinking about it

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Common practice around here. But, i play hockey.

#hotncold
    Those who haven't tried this need to.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    asstro said:
    Definitely used this move a pre-game activity before going out for the night back in my single/childless days. A simple pleasure that feels decadent somehow, I miss it. I may have to try it again for old times sake.

Yerp. Pre-gaming in the shower during college was a must. Now I only shower before sunup, which sucks enough. A beer pre-dawn and I might as well just give up on the day.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Y'all are some weirdos.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Y'all are some weirdos.

:post_modern:

DB_Cooper said:
    Now I only shower before sunup, which sucks enough. A beer pre-dawn and I might as well just give up on the day.

Srs doe, I was Mr. Morning-Shower but the wife is OCD about getting into a bed with the dirt-of-the-day on us, and as no-one else in the house wants to woken up at six bells to the sound of running water and clattering cleaning products, I shower last thing nowadays.

Which suits me fine - it saves me time in the morning, I can take in a leisurely beer, and I sleep like a bay-tard log afterwards.

Next Week : Drunken Shaving

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Now I only shower before sunup, which sucks enough. A beer pre-dawn and I might as well just give up on the day.

Srs doe, I was Mr. Morning-Shower but the wife is OCD about getting into a bed with the dirt-of-the-day on us, and as no-one else in the house wants to woken up at six bells to the sound of running water and clattering cleaning products, I shower last thing nowadays.

Which suits me fine - it saves me time in the morning, I can take in a leisurely beer, and I sleep like a bay-tard log afterwards.

I would consider the switch, but my hair would be wiling out in the morning. This mane is barely tamed as it is.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Next Week : Drunken Shaving

I've told this story on the Strut before but years ago (2004ish) I cut a small hole in my ballsack whilst drunkenly manscaping in the shower. I shrieked in horror and my girlfriend at the time ran in. I was hoping for a bit of sympathy but was instead met with an exclamation of "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING THOSE ARE MY GOOD SCISSORS!!!". She was in fashion school at the time and I guess they were some type of fancy fabric scissors. I've since learned many things about the scissor game from a hairdresser friend who dropped $1200 on a pair. Prior to this experience I had no idea what good scissors were and equated it to weird things I heard my dad say to us as kids like "don't use the good dictionary."

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ketan said:
    i booze'n'shower - even now with kids (ESPECIALLY now...) - but i always leave the beer on the counter... never even thought to bring it in.
    :beer:
    glass of wine or a gin and tonic while giving the kids a bath is also :necessary:

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    DB_Cooper said:

I would consider the switch, but my hair would be wiling out in the morning. This mane is barely tamed as it is.

Tip: gf's can of dry shampoo spray. Fixes the unruly mane. I have made the evening switch and it is good.