Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    So, based upon history, I am hedging in predicting that a team with virtually no deep (or later-round) playoff experience such as GSW (or Atlanta, Toronto, Washington, etc.) will win the championship. Heck

History can be a good starting point. But the climate changes. For example, how many bigs are winning Finals MVP these days?
    Answer, not many.

And I hate it when you lump a bunch of current "stars" and "hot teams" together like they are equals. It's clear you aren't catching the nuances, perhaps from not watching enough?

Hey Yuichi,

You're taking this way too seriously. It's just analysis based on years of past history (that has happened). Repeatedly, I have acknowledged that surprises happen, like the out-of-the-blue 1977 Trailblazers. So, as you said, there are a lot of knewjacks in the playoffs, so surprises are likely this year. I'm intrigued to see which of those new guys will emerge as playoff studs.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yuchi can talk all that ball movement shit but when the facts are dropped dude wants to say who cares or stop being so scientific. FUCK OUTTA HERE.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    Yuchi can talk all that ball movement shit but when the facts are dropped dude wants to say who cares or stop being so scientific. FUCK OUTTA HERE.

i already know da facts idiot. now kindly get off Stack's D.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Speaking of playoff studs, who are some 'others' who you think could make a big impact during the playoffs? Here are some off top:

-DeMarre Carroll
    -Nikola Mirotic
    -Draymond Green
    -Jeff Green
    -J.R. Smith
    -James Johnson
    -Marco Belinelli

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

yuichi said:
    So, based upon history, I am hedging in predicting that a team with virtually no deep (or later-round) playoff experience such as GSW (or Atlanta, Toronto, Washington, etc.) will win the championship. Heck

History can be a good starting point. But the climate changes. For example, how many bigs are winning Finals MVP these days?
    Answer, not many.

And I hate it when you lump a bunch of current "stars" and "hot teams" together like they are equals. It's clear you aren't catching the nuances, perhaps from not watching enough?

Hey Yuichi,

Anyone who has a historical perspective on the NBA playoffs knows that inexperienced teams have a steep climb to the top. So, while clearly the teams quoted above differ (no shit!), they all have relatively little playoff experience. Thus, it is unknown if they can play under the hotter lights of the later-round playoffs (assuming they get there). Because of that, I relied on past trends in my analysis of their championship prospects. It's called deductive reasoning, which is typically how reasonable predictions are made. Bookmakers use it too. Is fandom a better prediction strategy? Just sayin'.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    Is fandom a better prediction strategy?

GSW are the best team, by far, in the NBA right now.

Exhibit B

Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:

Answer, not many.

Hey Yuichi,

Anyone who has a historical perspective on the NBA playoffs knows that inexperienced teams have a steep climb to the top. So, while clearly the teams quoted above differ (no shit!), they all have relatively little playoff experience. Thus, it is unknown if they can play under the hotter lights of the later-round playoffs (assuming they get there). Because of that, I relied on past trends in my analysis of their championship prospects. It's called deductive reasoning, which is typically how reasonable predictions are made. Bookmakers use it too. Is fandom a better prediction strategy? Just sayin'.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Clearly, you don't have time to "watch" as much as you "write".

This is not academics. If you want academics, refer to my 10 years up on this bitch and the golden nuggets I have laid.
    I don't need another know-it-all besides myself. I'd rather have some dude yelling "Get off Kobe's nuts" with the first post.

Experience wins games. Defense and rebounding are important. Organizational culture is vital. These are givens that
    I have tried to instill in the masses over the years to no avail.

Gotta get ready to "watch" the Masters. Not reminisce on Tom Watson or Nick Faldo's game of yesteryear.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Exhibit B

I said that, and it's true, based not on fandom (I am a Blazers fan not a GSW fan) but on their record.
    Go look at team stats at espn.com. GSW are on the top of nearly ever stat.
    Only way you can disagree with that statement is HATEDOM, which you seem to have lots of.

Hey Stacks,
    If the Blazers advance beyond the fist round it will because either CJ McCallum or Lopez make a "big impact".

Right now Aldridge is playing with a torn ligament and it shows.
    Matthews (who had been the league 3 leader) is out.
    Aflallo is out for 2 more weeks.

3 starters in the infirmary does not bode well for post season play.

• bet me $100 the warriors win the chip smart guy.

yuichi said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:

Answer, not many.

Hey Yuichi,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Clearly, you don't have time to "watch" as much as you "write".

This is not academics. If you want academics, refer to my 10 years up on this bitch and the golden nuggets I have laid.
    I don't need another know-it-all besides myself. I'd rather have some dude yelling "Get off Kobe's nuts" with the first post.

Experience wins games. Defense and rebounding are important. Organizational culture is vital. These are givens that
    I have tried to instill in the masses over the years to no avail.

Gotta get ready to "watch" the Masters. Not reminisce on Tom Watson or Nick Faldo's game of yesteryear.

Hey Yuichi,

Try offering a reasonable argument, instead empty self-aggrandizing and faux ridicule. Clearly, you lack the insight to debate rationally. Your 'dismissiveness defense' is getting so, so tired. You need a new schtick.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

vintageinfants said:
    bet me $100 the warriors win the chip smart guy.

Vegas oddsmakers have them at like 10/5 or 12/5 winning it all. Same with the Cavs. So you'd have to pay out $225 or 250 if they win it all to make it fair.

Not that I'd take the bait.

• yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:

Vegas oddsmakers have them at like 10/5 or 12/5 winning it all. Same with the Cavs. So you'd have to pay out $225 or 250 if they win it all to make it fair.

soft as bubblewrap, as expected.

how reasonable predictions are made. Bookmakers use it too. Is fandom a better prediction strategy?

This is exactly the type of angle that makes me regurgitate.

Are we trying to make predictions? Really?

If so, who's your winner?

vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:

I like Kyle Lowry in that Billups mold, but you just mad cuz Toronto ain't doing shit.

• yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:

I like Kyle Lowry in that Billups mold, but you just mad cuz Toronto ain't doing shit.

"lllllladies and gentlemen.... children of all ages..... YOUR .... 2015.... LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAKERRRRRRSSSSSSS"

yuichi said:
    how reasonable predictions are made. Bookmakers use it too. Is fandom a better prediction strategy?

This is exactly the type of angle that makes me regurgitate.

Are we trying to make predictions? Really?

If so, who's your winner?

Hey Yuichi,

It's tough to pick the winner, but I'll predict the conference championship match-ups:

Eastern Conference: Cavaliers vs Bulls (if Rose stays healthy)
    Western Conference: Grizzlies vs Spurs

I'll give the caveats that the Warriors could beat the Spurs (if they play at a fast pace), just as Atlanta could potentially knock off Chicago (again, the pace of the game will be important). I don't think the Raptors can beat Cleveland 4 times (sorry VintageInfants). The unknowns are whether Irving and Love can play well under the playoff pressure (first playoffs). If Irving and Love don't show up, then Toronto could prevail as they have a lot of offensive weapons. This 'unknown' is why I think J.R. Smith will be important for Cleveland in the playoffs. He has the potential to compensate for lack of output from either Irving or Love if they struggle. Atlanta, GS, and Toronto may be more poised to go deeper this year owing to their previous year playoff experience (if they're quick studies). Likewise, the Clippers (due to their playoff experience) have a real shot against Memphis, so they could end up in the conference finals (notice the lack of fandom here). Yet, I just don't believe that the Clippers can win a grind-and-pound battle with Memphis (yet again, pace of the game will matter). Spencer Hawes could be key to helping on the boards against Memphis' size. Not surprisingly, I lean toward the more experienced teams in my picks, but the young upstarts might become playoff studs (again, the great unknown).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• raptors wouldn't see the Cavs until the eastern conference finals. if playoffs started today; the raps get the 'zards then Hawks, the Bulls would get Bucks then Cavs. if the favorites show out, that's how the cookies gonna crumble.

I'm not saying they're for sure going to get it together in time, but the Dino's have owned the wizzits and and the hawks all season.

vintageinfants said:
    raptors wouldn't see the Cavs until the eastern conference finals. if playoffs started today; the raps get the 'zards then Hawks, the Bulls would get Bucks then Cavs. if the favorites show out, that's how the cookies gonna crumble.

I'm not saying they're for sure going to get it together in time, but the Dino's have owned the wizzits and and the hawks all season.

Hey VI,

The current bracket shows that the Raptors could meet Cleveland in the semis. Of course, I assume they will get past the Wiz (and Cleveland will knock off Boston).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_Stacks said:
    vintageinfants said:
    raptors wouldn't see the Cavs until the eastern conference finals. if playoffs started today; the raps get the 'zards then Hawks, the Bulls would get Bucks then Cavs. if the favorites show out, that's how the cookies gonna crumble.

Hey VI,

The current bracket shows that the Raptors could meet Cleveland in the semis. Of course, I assume they will get past the Wiz (and Cleveland will knock off Boston).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

bulls own the tie-breaker in the event of a tie.

also, maybe not against the Cavs so much, but sleep on the Celts at your peril if they settle to the 8 spot.

LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Exhibit B

I said that, and it's true, based not on fandom (I am a Blazers fan not a GSW fan) but on their record.
    Only way you can disagree with that statement is HATEDOM, which you seem to have lots of.

Keep your money on the regular season and youll be broke.

batmon said:
    LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Exhibit B

Hey,

It's hard to say who among the 'young guns' will play with playoff poise. This is why I keep favoring the experienced teams, as those playoffs lights burn hot. That's why I'm highly anticipating this year's playoffs, as I suspect some new 'playoff studs' will emerge. The question is, who will they be? Last year, Kawhi Leonard, Steph Curry, Bradley Beal, Damian Lillard, and DeMar Derozan arose from the ashes.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

batmon said:
    LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Exhibit B

I don't even know what that means.
    Does it mean if I bet you $100 that GSW finish with the best record in the NBA I'll go broke?
    You are on.

Stacks,

Exactly my point. You've picked FOUR. There is no run-away favorite at this point. All Pro-GSW dudes are saying is that they have played the best basketball all season. The regular season is drudgery at times, and nobody will be watching for the entire duration of a Spurs or Grizzlies game for the most part, but they will tune in often for a Warriors game. From an "entertainment" standpoint, as well as team chemistry, the Warriors have played outstanding.

They've done some incredible shit this year in virtually every category. Not only in franchise history but NBA history.

Yall do know that I've clowned Motown, JimBeam, JP for being a Warriors fan with false hopes.

It's just very very clear, that they have set themselves up well for the playoffs.

Yuichi, the gangsta

Laserwolf,

Neither does he.

yuichi said:
    It's just very very clear, that they have set themselves up well for the playoffs.

Yeah, cause the regular season is clearly the gauge on how teams fare in the Playoffs.

OKC is clearly still an Elite team ready to go deep in the Playoffs....The Wankster.

LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:
    LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:
    Big_Stacks said:

Exhibit B

Does it mean if I bet you $100 that GSW finish with the best record in the NBA I'll go broke?
    You are on.

Ask Rock how that went.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Yeah, cause the regular season is clearly the gauge on how teams fare in the Playoffs.

OKC is clearly still an Elite team ready to go deep in the Playoffs....The Wankster.

G-g-G-G-G-G-G-Uuuuunniiiiittt!

Look what Pop dun started with sitting starters out near the end of the season.