World Cup sh*t tawk

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,783 Posts
    OK.... 13 mins into the game, and Chile are 2-0 up. This could get ugly.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Love the Dutch over Spain.

Personally. Best part of the game.

The fall of Torres. He was so good for Liverpool. ^ That ^ just typifies his luck these days.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts

guess who just got tickets to see Australia v. Holland?

-------------> THIS GUY -----------------

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    ppadilha said:

Theres alot of ppl in Australia that believed that the Socceroos would beat or draw with Holland since the Dutch have never beaten Oz in a World Cup. After the Spain game that shit is no longer mentioned. But the Socceroos at least had a good crack at the Chilenos so hopefully theyll do better than Spain against the Dutch.

LokoOne said:
    ppadilha said:

Theres alot of ppl in Australia that believed that the Socceroos would beat or draw with Holland since the Dutch have never beaten Oz in a World Cup. After the Spain game that shit is no longer mentioned. But the Socceroos at least had a good crack at the Chilenos so hopefully theyll do better than Spain against the Dutch.

the Dutch looked a bit soft during the first half of that match and people here were thinking Chile had a chance of taking top spot in that group. Obviously that all changed in the second half, but looked like Australia gave Chile a good run for their money. Should be a good game, obviously they won't leave acres of space at the back like the spanish did, nor will they have Casillas flapping around.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    ppadilha said:

BAHAHAHAHAHA

b/w

Watching the game in Colorado there was a sea of vacationing Dutch nationals in the Irish Bar that couldn't help themselves but spill out into the streets after the game. Cray cray in Durango, yo. Holland playing like that will be super tough to beat. Radical game!

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    LokoOne said:

the Dutch looked a bit soft during the first half of that match and people here were thinking Chile had a chance of taking top spot in that group. Obviously that all changed in the second half, but looked like Australia gave Chile a good run for their money. Should be a good game, obviously they won't leave acres of space at the back like the spanish did, nor will they have Casillas flapping around.

Wait, what? I mean Spain had a poor game and Casillas did flap once or twice but I'm not following the 'Spain couldn't contain Holland so the Socceroos are bound to do a better job' line of thinking.

After yesterday I think that group is more of a Group of Death than Group G is.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Group G ain't no group of death. Portugal are beatable and can be poor, USA LOL and Ghana suffer from the typical African team weaknesses. Germany should beat all 3 as they're the only truly quality side in the group.

B & D are the toughest groups for sure. Any group with the previous two finalists is going to be tough and Chile ain't no joke. Don't fancy Aus's chances much. Uruguay did well last WC and Italy have won it more than most, whilst England can beat anyone if they play well, which they occasional do. Costa Rica are the Australia of this group.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Ok it's all about tonight, it's less than 12 hours away and IT'S ON

toby.d said:
    ppadilha said:
    LokoOne said:

Wait, what? I mean Spain had a poor game and Casillas did flap once or twice but I'm not following the 'Spain couldn't contain Holland so the Socceroos are bound to do a better job' line of thinking.

After yesterday I think that group is more of a Group of Death than Group G is.

I just mean that Australia is more likely to sort of park the bus rather than play a suicidally high back line. I was only half watching their game against Chile, but it seemed like they were going more for a counter-attacking game, so Van Persie and Robben won't have the entire half of the field to run into. And Casillas was at least partially at fault on 3 of the goals yesterday. Not saying Australia are going to beat them, but I don't think they're going to give up 5 goals like Spain did.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    That Chico Buarque thing is sooooo good

Genius

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Can't argue with any of that, I think you're probably right. Bar the first 15 mins Australia actually looked a lot better than I thought they would. I still think they've already had their easiest game now though and will struggle to do as well as that against Spain or Holland.

But back to the present, I am proper nervous about tonight. Come on Woy's Boys!

England are in a unique position; there's zero expectation from the nation, and there's no ill will towards anyone in the squad.

They can play with total freedom, for the first time in any tournament I can remember.

On that basis, they could do well this time round.

• I'd agree with that.
    Unfortunately I don't think we have the Manager to get the best out of the squad. Woy's too conservative.
    He'll be looking to just qualify, rather than just go out and beat whoever is put in front of us.
    I'm expecting England not to take any risks and be more than happy with a draw.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Come on England!

Holland vs Spain heatmap:

b/w

Glenn Hoddle's camel toe

C'mon England!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    MY EYES!

Less than 2 hours, batches.
    TWO FREAKIN HOURS.

Quick, what are the psychic animals saying?

WHY HAVE WE WAITED 36 YEARS TO HAVE ANOTHER WORLD CUP IN SOUTH AMERICA????

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Okem said:
    Costa Rica are the Australia of this group.

I hope Australia do to Holland what Costa Rica just did to Uruguay! But I think Australia if they are lucky will draw with the Dutch. But the way the upsets have been going, who knows. I feel like Chile will cop the wrath of Spain's defeat - and if the Socceroos could keep Chile on their toes, a fully fired up Spainard side will tear em up.

Oohhh my Uruguayan mates are hurting so hard right now! All they can say is LPMQLP* ;)

*La Puta Madre Que Los Pario

• earthingsearthings 78 Posts
    OptimusLime said:
    Arjen Robben runs REAL fast it turns out.
    From a few years back:

1: Theo Walcott 100m 10.3s
    2: Cristiano Ronaldo 100m 10.63s
    3: Gabriel Agbonlahor 100m 10.98s
    4: Javier Hernandez 100m 11.08s
    5: Arjen Robben 100m 11.34s
    6: Gareth Bale 100m 11.39s
    7: Antonio Valencia 100m 11.45s
    8: Robin Van Persie 100m 11.54s
    9: Alexis Sanchez 100m 11.55s
    10: Gonzalo Higuain 100m 11.61s

Kind of makes you wonder how fast some of these guys would be if they trained like sprinters

Roy kinda looks like he downed a full bottle of whiskey on the bench there.

wonder if Rooney visited his Amazonian cousins:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    It really depresses me how much England doesn't crash the net or put players in the box. That, and I'm a reds fan for life. But Johnson... Dont like his play what so ever.

Mmm, to Italians and neutrals his might sound like delusional bullshit, but even though England lost I was very pleased with the performance. In one game we played better than the last two world cups. Roy played all of our youngsters, and for periods of the game we looked very dangerous. Italy are streetwise and took their chances though. Despite the heat & humidity reducing the game to walking pace, I think it was a really engrossing match. If it had finished 2-2, I don't think the Italians could've complained after the amount of pressure we put them under in the final 20 minutes... England just not quite clever enough to find an opening.

Positives: Sterling was brilliant, Sturridge got a nice goal, Welbeck wasn't bad and Roy brought on young players to change the game.

Negatives: Ashley Cole is still a better LB than Baines, and I suspect John Terry would've headed clear the cross that Balotelli scored from. Playing Rooney on the left wing is stupid as the guy is a striker and didn't offer much defensive cover. I still think he should be on the bench. Gerrard didn't have the legs for the second half, but Roy will never drop him. Shame as I think Barkley with Henderson or Wilshire would be our strongest pairing.

If the rumours about Arsenal trying to sign Balotelli are true, colour me happy. He's unpredictable but dangerous. Exactly what the Gunners need up front.

ppadilha said:
    Roy kinda looks like he downed a full bottle of whiskey on the bench there.

When that England physio was stretchered-off we wondered if it was Hodgson; there were so many medics surrounding the guy we couldn't see who it was, and assumed the goal had done for Roy's ticker :lol:

b/w

[removed][removed]

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    columbia v greece was great!

I watched with sound turned off, and was positive about what was on show.
    With a touch of luck it would have been a win.

Pirlo is still a class act. Effortless finder of space, perfect passing. Very little else on their team to strike fear.
    Gerrard can knock a 60 yard pass at will.
    Sterling has cray barnet and is dangerous.
    England defence is weak. Johnson is a great athlete, but FFS winger more than defender.
    It's still all to play for.

skel said:

It's still all to play for.

Yup - I assumed Costa Rica would be the group whipping-boys but now it might be England or Uruguay!
    That Coast RIca striker Joleon Campbell is a Gunner (on loan) and Bendtner made the squad ahead of him?