• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    ATCQ - Oh My God 12" for trade
    Yarborough & Peoples - Don't stop the music 12"
    The Best of Kool & the Gang (Gold One) for trade
    Titanic - Macumba LP
    Krushin MCs - Fore Your Ears Only LP for trade
    Bernard Wright - Nard MINTY for trade
    The DOC - The Doc & the Doctor 12" for trade

I also got a wonder full little CD of all the Mingering Mike stuff courtesy of Secret Triaglodite Dori, The Edan LP, and the new MIA 12".

...but i never really get into kool & the gang.

ps. dont touch your eyes after cutting up jalepenos. it hurts.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I'll co-sign this.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    oh and i finally coped an OG of "Impeach the President". My mom[/b] gave it to me for dirt cheap.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    I did surprisingly well. I got my bike tuned up. Ate some dim sum, rode about 10 miles on the bike path along Lake Champlain, on the way home I hit up an antique shop that had a tag sale a block from my house. I caught three Roy Ayers records.

-He's Coming
    -Everybody Loves The Sunshine
    -Red, Green, & Black

And I got a decent bossa scat jazz dance LP.

-Janet Lawson Quintet (The track "so high" is dope).

i swear man, it seems you just pull these records out of your ass. like, "today i was helping my buddy clean out his garage, and he had a box of sealed Soul Expeditions he let me have

or "i was down at the pizza shop and there was a box of records there for some reason, i found a minty RAMP for a buck "

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I did surprisingly well. I got my bike tuned up. Ate some dim sum, rode about 10 miles on the bike path along Lake Champlain, on the way home I hit up an antique shop that had a tag sale a block from my house. I caught three Roy Ayers records.

-He's Coming
    -Red, Green, & Black

i swear man, it seems you just pull these records out of your ass. like, "today i was helping my buddy clean out his garage, and he had a box of sealed Soul Expeditions he let me have

or "i was down at the pizza shop and there was a box of records there for some reason, i found a minty RAMP for a buck "

If it makes you feel any better, those four LP's cost $30. That's a lot in these parts.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

hahahaha.

-He's Coming
    -Red, Green, & Black

"Yeah, I reccon I used ta was friends with this feller...urrrr, Roy Ayers. Anyhow, think I got a box'a his old rekkerds in ma gee-raj suminwheres..."

-He's Coming
    -Red, Green, & Black

"Yeah, I reccon I used ta was friends with this feller...urrrr, Roy Ayers. Anyhow, think I got a box'a his old rekkerds in ma gee-raj suminwheres..."
    haha not only did they have Ro Ayers lp's, but, arguably, the rarest roy ayers

-He's Coming
    -Red, Green, & Black

haha not only did they have Roy Ayers lp's, but, arguably, the rarest roy ayers

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

-He's Coming
    -Red, Green, & Black

haha not only did they have Roy Ayers lp's, but, arguably, the rarest roy ayers

I think there's a Roy Ayers Montreaux Jazz Festival LP that's supposed to be obscenely rare. I've only seen it for sale once and it fetched over $600 if memory serves.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    DJ???d a wedding in VA this weekend. Got paid handsomely, got extra money to rent a minivan for the trip, got a free vegan dinner, 6 pack of microbrew, 6 pack of water, and a paid-for room at the Best Western. Got requests for Neil Diamond (from a 20-something) and for ???a waltz??? (from some 60+ biddy). Overall it went ok and the brides??? parents (and the bride & groom) said I did great, so I can???t complain. I???d post the playlist but it would be more embarrassing than the Goodwill score listed below.

Anyway, I hit a couple of spots on the way back home from VA today:

VA FLEA MARKET DEALER #1 ($7)
    Various: Even More Original Raw Soul! CD Ubiquity
    Bob Marley & The Wailers: The Birth of a Legend 2LP Calla
    I was actually more excited about the like-new OSTERMAN WEEKEND 2DVD set for $12 though - it???s been on my want list since it came out last year.

VA FLEA MARKET DEALER #2 ($3)
    Haiducii: Gragostea Din Tei 12??? (promo) Empire
    Slimm Cutta Calhoun feat. Big Boi: Why U Smilin??? 12??? (promo) Elektra
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Y Control + remixes 12??? (promo) Interscope
    This was a girl selling her DJ boyfriend???s stuff for him. She had a Numark mixer like mine for $50 (which, knowing Numark, will need $100+ of repairs) and a $140 retail Boss sampler for a bargain used price of $120.

VA GOODWILL ($10)
    I thought these were gonna be $1. But when I got to the cashier and was charged $2/ea. I just said fuck it, it???s for a good cause.
    High Innergy: Turnin??? On LP Motown
    Ritchie Blackmore???s Rainbow: s/t LP Polydor
    Wham!: Make It Big LP Columbia
    Cameo: Cameosis LP Chocolate City
    Skyy: Line LP Salsoul

NICE PRICE DURHAM ($28)
    The Vapors: New Clear Days LP UA
    Toots & The Maytals: Reggae Got Soul LP Mango
    Al Green: s/t LP Bell
    Various: Reggae Greats: Strictly for Rockers LP Mango
    Beanie Sigel: Remember Them Days / Raw & Uncut 12" (promo) Roc-A-Fella
    Bow Wow Wow: See Jungle! See Jungle! LP RCA

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts

I think there's a Roy Ayers Montreaux Jazz Festival LP that's supposed to be obscenely rare. I've only seen it for sale once and it fetched over $600 if memory serves.

I have the Japanese repress - cool record...

• i swear man, it seems you just pull these records out of your ass. like, "today i was helping my buddy clean out his garage, and he had a box of sealed Soul Expeditions he let me have

I think maybe Nate has learned to optimize his digging time...

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

some common classic joints[/b]

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

i built me some wall displays like this from some pieces of wood from home depot. seriously brightens up the room, but mine are filled with dollarbincommons compared to your wall of fame.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Got lucky today. Near mint. 50cents for both:

That Errol Garner is real nice. damn, i was flipping through some EZ listening stuff and bam! marcos valle. nice. shit hit me like a jab; i was stoked.

Holler if you don't like that Marcos Valle, yo!

sorry, i'm gonna keep that for now. But yo, i felt like you today! pullin' some Coffy OST for 50cent and shit.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    pullin' some Coffy OST for 50cent and shit.

no that wasn't me, that was crink. right?

sorry, i'm gonna keep that for now. But yo, i felt like you today! pullin' some Coffy OST for 50cent and shit.

haha!!!!

[classic]

[/jpeg]

And it was 99 cents, damn it!

just saying though

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    pullin' some LYMAN WOODARD for A DOLLAR and shit.

hee hee, Marcia got that crack.

In addition to the Xian finds today and free G.Wilson sleeve I copped that Champaign that was sitting at the thrift for two weeks (thx young modern baller!)

also pulled a:

for $1 today

and some other metal, punk, and a chaffey college and a emerald jr. high school LP for cheeep amongst other things

ALMOST TWO THOUSAND VIEWS

WEEKEND FINDS GOT THE *NT*RN*T G**NG N*TS!!!

And it was 99 cents, damn it!

overpaid.

see, after shit like this. i'd be driving my car reaal carefully on my way back home (atleast while i'm a lil dude).

see, after shit like this. i'd be driving my car reaal carefully on my way back home.

haha!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Goddamn you I need that grady tate joint. That shit just doesn't show itself here in Oz.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

hows that Ray Pizzi on Pablo ? seems interesting.