'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• motown67 said:
    batmon said:
    besides the kemit washiington punch ive never seen a brawl where a player got knocked the fuck out. shit never really pops off.

I think it's because it's about standing up for yourself or teammate and sending a message not to get into an actual fight

if you shoot at an opponents net after a whistle in hockey you are literally telling the other team you're not afraid of any of them. true shots fired. soft batch NBA players these days have been taught to avoid confrontation like it'll end your career.... lettin opponents throw up 3 balls after the whistle and shit. goaltend that fucker.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:
    You know McHale was on the 50 greatest players in NBA history list? D - League???? You're showing your age and ass.

D-league is an exaggeration but he'll be bumped out of the top 50 eventually....I don't see too much different from what Pau Gasol was doing in his prime at Memphis and 2 title runs with LA.

Gasol is good, but McHale was 20 per for 5 season, one at 26 while next to Bird 28, Parish at 17. Crazy.

Gasol's highest is at 20.8 per game.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolpa01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mchalke01.html

• perfect on the fly commentary.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:
    You know McHale was on the 50 greatest players in NBA history list? D - League???? You're showing your age and ass.

D-league is an exaggeration but he'll be bumped out of the top 50 eventually....I don't see too much different from what Pau Gasol was doing in his prime at Memphis and 2 title runs with LA.

Gasol is good, but McHale was 20 per for 5 season, one at 26 while next to Bird 28, Parish at 17. Crazy.

Closer comparison as far as footwork, soft touch, and low-post moves. Gasol has good court vision too. Olajuwon is top 5 center..

vintageinfants said:
    perfect on the fly commentary.

Mike Breen is FURIOUS!! lol Dirty play, but was glad to see that, in an otherwise uneventful series...I'd be happy to see Bynum back with the Lakers if it happens....Kobe will get his ass in check.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Closer comparison as far as footwork, soft touch, and low-post moves. Gasol has good court vision too. Olajuwon is top 5 center..

Hakeem also played Power Forward alongside 7'4" Ralph Sampson - The Twin Towers of Houston.
    And he's not 7'0"... dude was really 6'10" w/ a small forwards mobility and soccer footwork.
    Later Otis Thorpe was the banger down low.

• yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

That's because you're not looking. McHale was 1st all-d 3 times and 2nd all-d 3 times. Pau Gasol was a llama.

Stop playing the fool. You're good at it, but it's not something you should be striving for.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Hakeem also played Power Forward alongside 7'4" Ralph Sampson - The Twin Towers of Houston.
    And he's not 7'0"... dude was really 6'10" w/ a small forwards mobility and soccer footwork.
    Later Otis Thorpe was the banger down low.

All names I've seen on early Skybox basketball cards.

"How to shake a motherfucker on the baseline in 5 seconds or less" by Hakeem Olajuwon.

LazarusOblong said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

That's because you're not looking. McHale was 1st all-d 3 times and 2nd all-d 3 times. Pau Gasol was a llama.

Stop playing the fool. You're good at it, but it's not something you should be striving for.

Fuck a Celtic.

• yuichi said:
    LazarusOblong said:
    yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

Fuck a Celtic.

Try Dennis Johnson. His peers called him "Tripod" and you'd be hurting for days.

Didn't know Celtics fans and players had it like that...peace out.

• yuichi said:
    Didn't know Celtics fans and players had it like that...peace out.

You scare easily. Ha ha.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Wait, now my thirty something's post is a prime example of my generation being labeled "soft"?

• gomez80 said:
    Wait, now my thirty something's post is a prime example of my generation being labeled "soft"?

correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt you already catch a pretty robust hazing here some time back? please refer thraed.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    A hazing I can take no problem. But when the Sam Bowie (Batmon) of the strut starts talking he can get checked.

• modern shoe game: weak.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Listen as long as my Portland Trailblazers are number one in the west you all can suck it.

Vintageinfants, I like your take on the game.

"goaltender that fucker" is gold.

gomez80 said:
    A hazing I can take no problem. But when the Sam Bowie (Batmon) of the strut starts talking he can get checked.

Get him Gomez! I do warn you though, the kid has SWAG. But don't let his off-colored sneakers, toy collection, and ALL CAPS BLITZ discourage you from speaking YOUR mind. Good luck. But fuck your Blazers.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Fuck my Blazers huh??? You must be a Bobcats fan then because we just got done whipping your ass.

As far as "swag" goes......smh

gomez80 said:
    Fuck my Blazers huh??? You must be a Bobcats fan then because we just got done whipping your ass.

As far as "swag" goes......smh

haha. Naw, Lakers.

gomez80 said:

U cant even check yourself. Talmbout being scared of life.

"Omg!...hey guys what should i do"?

Fuck outta here with that.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    There he goes getting all crazy flexing his keyboard muscle. Calm down Tim Dog!

I can't help I dropped a post about some real life topic and you got all bent about it. Maybe you should talk about some shit instead of trying to be the Debo of this forum?

I was going to quit posting here but I think I am going to stick around just for you.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Warriors just exposed the Heat today. They have nothing inside. First the Warriors went to Bogut and Lee for points in the paint. Then our shooters starting hitting and so Miami couldn't help on the inside. Then Curry went crazy in the 3rd and the Heat became even more focused upon chasing around our guards and that opened up the middle even more and Lee went off for 32 points and 14 rebounds. Curry had 36 points, 12 assists.

• bradley beal could end up being a modern era scottie pippen to someone else's michael jordan...... but that person is DEFINITELY not john wall.

i always pictured iguodala as a pippen type player as well.

btw. they play some pretty gully trap shit at whizzits games.

A lil bit of Kendall Marshall-anity in LA. First start, 20 pts, 15 assits with the win. Kid's gonna get some playing time in the L; he was nice in college.

• yuichi said:
    A lil bit of Kendall Marshall-anity in LA. First start, 20 pts, 15 assits with the win. Kid's gonna get some playing time in the L; he was nice in college.

Sounds like an NBA generator name. Are you sure he really exists?

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    My Blazers took an L tonight. They let it slip through their hands toward the end of the 4th. Both the Blazers and 76er's worked for it tonight. Good game.

• can someone please tell me what in the holy shit this was

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Any thoughts on the Rodman delegation of players heading to North Korea? Thinking we might need Craig Hodges' clutch 3-point shooting to knock of Kim Jong-un; then again, maybe they'd rather take the "L" lest they get fed to the dogs?