Would you stab someone for playing the Eagles?

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited September 2013 in Strut Central
This woman would, and I have to side with her. Don Henley's very existence as a human being is one of the biggest Ls of the last millennium.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I was going to say no.
    But then I read this was her roommate...

I was 17, spending the summer in New Mexico.
    Spent a lot of time hanging out with a guy who had 3 records.
    One was the first Eagles, which was a new band we never heard of.
    Loved it, Desperadoes, Tequila Sunrise and Take It Easy fit that summer perfectly.
    If I had a roommate who played those today on repeat, and I had a knife... I would pack my bags and leave.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    can't really argue against her.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Take it to the limit is a good song, haters.

Hotel california though... murder-worthy.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Gary said:

HAS WITCHY WOMAN AS HIS RINGTONE FOR THE WIFE

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The Eagles don't bother me. Boston certainly does though. Hearing them makes me punchy, if not stabby.

Gary said:
    Hotel california is a good song, haters.

Take it to the limit though... murder-worthy.

I nominate Heartache Tonight as the most stab worthy Eagles song.

HarveyCanal said:
    The Eagles don't bother me. Boston certainly does though. Hearing them makes me punchy, if not stabby.

The good thing about Boston is their songs are instantly forgettable.

the closest I ever came to stabbing someone over music was when I worked with a guy who would listen to Sublime all the time. There weren't any knives around, though.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    One Of These Nights is my jam.

No stabbing from me.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    My Father in Law is obsessed with The Eagles. It's tough. I pretty much don't even hear it anymore. Never got an urge to stab someone but I'm not a meth'd out North Chucktown loc.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    the closest I ever came to stabbing someone over music was when I worked with a guy who would listen to Sublime all the time. There weren't any knives around, though.

At least in my court: justifiable homicide.

HarveyCanal said:
    ppadilha said:

At least in my court: justifiable homicide.

seriously though, having to sit through a full Sublime album awoke a kind of hatred I didn't even know existed inside me.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    This is just a proxy war.
    Logical conclusion:

....because the music that they constantly play
    It says nothing to me about my life
    Stab the blessed Eagles
    Stab the Eagles, stab the Eagles, stab the Eagles
    STAB the Eagles, stab the Eagles
    ...ad infinitum

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I am definitely not riding for the Eagles, but I can hang with this one:

• i dig "i can't tell you why"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    BTW, she looks like more of a Johnny Cash fan to me

I like how states will have different names for the same crime:

"criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature." Seems like you could somehow simplify that charge's name.

The result of days of no sleep due to constant listening to Eagles.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Gary said:

When I was a kid I thought this song was about a guy and a woman who he thinks might be a witch. Perhaps she wore pointy hats, or black robes. something about her made her "witchy". The guy probably didn't know her name, so he just called her 'witchy woman'

speaking of which (pun maybe intended) there is a guy at work that dresses like a druid wizard. He wears long robes. White robes, tan robes, brown robes. He does not carry a staff or have a beard. It is unlike anything I have ever seen.

One of these days I'd like to just ask him, hey guy, whats up with the costume?

Or even better, I'd like to wear a robe to work and then start chasing him and casting spells in a loud voice. And if he doesn't cast any spells back i would call him a pussy.

and then i would get fired.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    About 15 years ago I visited London for two weeks. I stayed with a couple in Islington who were friends of friends. They had the top floor, a renter in the main floor front room and I had the next room by him. They introduced me to him and he was a complete dick, no response, made a face.
    They both left for work really early except Saturdays and the renter started each and every day of those 14days with that Wonderwall song on repeat at FULL BLAST til he was ready to leave the house- so between two and five plays every day before 9am. By the fourth or fifth day I was trying to figure out ways to mess with him, including going into his room and taking the CD or cutting the cord. I didn't have the guts. And in retrospect, I may have wanted to smash his radio, but that song might have been the very thing that prevented him from smashing someone's face each day he spent out in the world.

• Gary said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Gary said:

When I was a kid I thought this song was about a guy and a woman who he thinks might be a witch. Perhaps she wore pointy hats, or black robes. something about her made her "witchy". The guy probably didn't know her name, so he just called her 'witchy woman'

speaking of which (pun maybe intended) there is a guy at work that dresses like a druid wizard. He wears long robes. White robes, tan robes, brown robes. He does not carry a staff or have a beard. It is unlike anything I have ever seen.

One of these days I'd like to just ask him, hey guy, whats up with the costume?

Or even better, I'd like to wear a robe to work and then start chasing him and casting spells in a loud voice. And if he doesn't cast any spells back i would call him a pussy.

and then i would get fired.

Yeah, but bro... How much do you really like your job?

she drove herself to madness
    with a silver spoon

• I never really cared much about the Eagles on way or another, they were always pretty much background noise to me. For some reason, I watched the Eagles documentary on HBO a couple of months ago and after that I do hate the them. The come off as such arrogant, corporate, mechanical assholes it makes it pretty easy to hate them.

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    The_Non said:
    I am definitely not riding for the Eagles, but I can hang with this one:

Great track.
    Keep meaning to play this out (early in the set I guess) though due to these Eagles related stabings i might need to consider a stab proof vest.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Kinda related.

My friend (a woman) threw a beer at the head of a DJ in Sydney a year or two ago for playing Cold Chisel at the end of an otherwise funk-heavy night.

• LaserWolf said:
    The result of days of no sleep due to constant listening to Eagles.

One of the Faces of MOR.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I ride for "One of These Nights" (though mostly the latter half). I pretty much hate the rest of the catalog, especially Hotel California and New Kid in Town.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    waxjunky said:
    I ride for "One of These Nights"

Yes.

Also this