Would you stab someone for playing the Eagles?

2»

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    bassie said:
    About 15 years ago I visited London for two weeks. I stayed with a couple in Islington who were friends of friends. They had the top floor, a renter in the main floor front room and I had the next room by him. They introduced me to him and he was a complete dick, no response, made a face.
    They both left for work really early except Saturdays and the renter started each and every day of those 14days with that Wonderwall song on repeat at FULL BLAST til he was ready to leave the house- so between two and five plays every day before 9am. By the fourth or fifth day I was trying to figure out ways to mess with him, including going into his room and taking the CD or cutting the cord. I didn't have the guts. And in retrospect, I may have wanted to smash his radio, but that song might have been the very thing that prevented him from smashing someone's face each day he spent out in the world.

Ha!

Around that same time period It was not uncommon to go into a local pub that was still rocking a jukebox and hear nothing but the same three Oasis and Red Hot Chilli Pepper songs over and over for hours on end. I still feel a primal urge to hurt something at the first chords of Scar Tissue or Don't Look Back In Anger.

Troubled relationships are the worst. We lived in a flat many moons ago where a newly married couple next door were quickly moving towards a newly divorced couple. Every single day for a month the guy would leave the flat, slamming the door and stomping down the stairs. Within minutes the sounds of Gabrielle's Rise would start creeping through our walls.

Mind you, it could have been worse, apparently my mum and dad went through 6 months of second hand Carpenters before I was born thanks to trouble in the next house.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Junior said:
    bassie said:
    About 15 years ago I visited London for two weeks. I stayed with a couple in Islington who were friends of friends. They had the top floor, a renter in the main floor front room and I had the next room by him. They introduced me to him and he was a complete dick, no response, made a face.
    They both left for work really early except Saturdays and the renter started each and every day of those 14days with that Wonderwall song on repeat at FULL BLAST til he was ready to leave the house- so between two and five plays every day before 9am. By the fourth or fifth day I was trying to figure out ways to mess with him, including going into his room and taking the CD or cutting the cord. I didn't have the guts. And in retrospect, I may have wanted to smash his radio, but that song might have been the very thing that prevented him from smashing someone's face each day he spent out in the world.

Ha!

Around that same time period It was not uncommon to go into a local pub that was still rocking a jukebox and hear nothing but the same three Oasis and Red Hot Chilli Pepper songs over and over for hours on end. I still feel a primal urge to hurt something at the first chords of Scar Tissue or Don't Look Back In Anger.

Troubled relationships are the worst. We lived in a flat many moons ago where a newly married couple next door were quickly moving towards a newly divorced couple. Every single day for a month the guy would leave the flat, slamming the door and stomping down the stairs. Within minutes the sounds of Gabrielle's Rise would start creeping through our walls.

Mind you, it could have been worse, apparently my mum and dad went through 6 months of second hand Carpenters before I was born thanks to trouble in the next house.

F*ckers next to us in Manchester used to put Whale Song stuff on full tilt at like 3-4 AM. No exaggeration. They were art-school types and had told us they came from money and were just there for a jolly. Like Winston the Weed Man from Lock, Stock.

If you could summon them to the door, they usually were amicable enough and turned it off.

We used to put our dead mice through their letterbox.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Gary said:
    He wears long robes. White robes, tan robes, brown robes.

You should pour gasoline on him and set him on fire. Then when he got all heated about it, you could be all "YOU DRESS LIKE THAT GUY FROM THAT VIETNAM PHOTO SO I THOUGHT THAT WAS WHAT YOU WANTED! EXCUSE ME FOR TRYING TO HELP!" And then walk away in a huff.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The Eagles will always get props from me based on nostalgia (growing up in the 70s / early 80s)

I agree that Henly and Frye are pompous cheese balls, BUT, Timothy B. Schmidt aside, the Eagles had an incredibly talented supporting cast.

Bernie Leadon, the country rock god.... Don Felder.... probably one of the most underrated guitar players of all time... and Randy Meisner who kills it on "Take it to the Limit" and "Try and Love Again".

I too caught the Eagles doc on Showtime and think it's great. The Cali coke bands of the 70s are really intriguing to me.

• I think I'd stab myself if I lived with her.

• I've played this one at the beginning of the night a few times.

• I had a next door roommate who blasted Ozzy's No More Tears on repeat (song, not album) every weekend morning. It actually didn't bother me that much, he could have chosen a much worse song. I heard after he was gone that he had a major drug problem, so now I picture him bugging out to those whale sounds during the bridge.

• "johnny come lately " could be stab worthy

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    Ozzy's No More Tears on repeat (song, not album)

I had a boss who would alternate pretty much entire days between that song and Kiss's "God Gave Rock and Roll." If that had been anything more than a summer job, it could've ended in a stabbing.

• I am not sure, but if I lived with someone who listened to Drake, I would find great pleasure in waterboarding them.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I feel lucky I only know four or five Eagles songs. Not interested in finding out whether I can ryde for their full catalog. Those five songs could probably not be nullified.

Would stab.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    My dad is a big fan, even the later Don Henley songs. I don't get it, but "On The Border" is a good one.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    I am not sure, but if I lived with someone who listened to Drake, I would find great pleasure in waterboarding them.

There is a lot worse music released now days than the Eagles.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The Eagles saved Charles Bradley life, so shut up.

• We lived next door to some pathetic girl who played her Cher - Believe CD single over and over.

My pregnant girlfriend threatened her and it stopped..not soon enough.