You go first.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    You go first.
    not a great situation
    we've already said we're going to attack
    china and Russia are like fuck you
    what are we going to do if a few days of missiles don't do anything?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    please stay on topic

• It's funny that those predicting trolls have become the actual trolls on this site.

The coming attack does feel inevitable but it seems ill advised. This isn't like Libya, where the rebels were organized and fairly strong and Gaddafi was desperate and weakened.

But there are a million refugee children already. How much more slack should Assad have?

It's interesting that the UK is taking the lead at the UN over this. #10 is now besieged by protesters. The US has Middle East fatigue.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Jean-ClaudeBanDamned said:
    It's funny that those predicting trolls have become the actual trolls on this site.

The coming attack does feel inevitable but it seems ill advised. This isn't like Libya, where the rebels were organized and fairly strong and Gaddafi was desperate and weakened.

But there are a million refugee children already. How much more slack should Assad have?

It's interesting that the UK is taking the lead at the UN over this. #10 is now besieged by protesters. The US has Middle East fatigue.

Wait, I'm a troll now? Huh. You learn something new every day. Well, I'll leave you gents to it.

• DB_Cooper said:
    It's funny that those predicting trolls have become the actual trolls on this site.

Wait, I'm a troll now? Huh. You learn something new every day. Well, I'll leave you gents to it.

No, I really don't think you're a troll.

But your first post in this thread fits the definition. It certainly had nothing whatsoever to do with the topic.

I'll be surprised if this thread goes where you think it will.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Worst president ever! He's backing Al-Qaeda rebels in this fight with arms illegally jacked from Libya. He's behind the false flag sarin attack. And now he's ignoring Congress along with public opinion, basically saying his orders come from NATO and not from us. Fuck him and his wars!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mind our own business

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Worst president ever! He's backing Al-Qaeda rebels in this fight with arms illegally jacked from Libya. He's behind the false flag sarin attack. And now he's ignoring Congress along with public opinion, basically saying his orders come from NATO and not from us. Fuck him and his wars!

Another classic fact free rant from the Paul contingent.

Why do you even bother continuing to live?

• HarveyCanal said:

I'm opposed to the attack but this sort of over-the-top crackpottery just makes it look like those opposed are hopeless mental patients.

The "false flag" nonsense is strictly the province of those-who-cannot-be-taken-seriously.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Fuck the military industrial complex and fuck religion.

Rockadelic said:
    Mind our own business

I'm down with this, but if Assad is gassing innocent people, doesn't it become our (the world) business? At least a little bit?

The "false flag" nonsense is strictly the province of those-who-cannot-be-taken-seriously.

aka infowars, aka Harvey's bible.

We know. It's only wrong when a Bush does it.

b/w

Thanks for all that change, Obama contingent.

• Electrode said:
    Fuck the military industrial complex and fuck religion.

Yeah.

When Rock said "mind our own business" it can be taken both ways. War IS a major business of the US and has been and will continue to be.

This country wanted an empire, and it has one.

• Bon Vivant said:

Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Mind our own business

I'm down with this, but if Assad is gassing innocent people, doesn't it become our (the world) business? At least a little bit?

Shut up. You will be doing nothing to help anyone in Syria, especially not risking your life. So again, shut up already.

HarveyCanal said:

b/w

What does Bush have to do with this?

b/w

Is this what infowars told you to say?

• HarveyCanal said:

b/w

No, I've already said I oppose this attack. Doesn't mean there's a "false flag" involved.

b/w

I never expected this country to become Sweden. Are you just mad because you did?

HarveyCanal said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Mind our own business

Shut up. You will be doing nothing to help anyone in Syria, especially not risking your life. So again, shut up already.

Fuck off, idiot.

• Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Notice Rand Paul's tepid, process-oriented statement on this:

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) released a statement Wednesday on the United States' potential intervention in Syria, calling for an "open debate" in Congress and warning that the United States has "no clear national security connection" to the conflict.

"We should ascertain who used the weapons and we should have an open debate in Congress over whether the situation warrants U.S. involvement," reads the statement. "The Constitution grants the power to declare war to Congress not the President."

Paul continues, "The war in Syria has no clear national security connection to the United States and victory by either side will not necessarily bring in to power people friendly to the United States."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/28/rand-paul-syria_n_3831058.html

He wants to be President, so he's not flying the freak flag. He won't say an attack is wrong, just that Obama needs a permission slip.

crabmongerfunk said:
    Bon Vivant said:

It's an honest question considering Harv's alleged world view.

b/w

Don't you have an Onion article to fall for?

Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Notice Rand Paul's tepid, process-oriented statement on this:

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) released a statement Wednesday on the United States' potential intervention in Syria, calling for an "open debate" in Congress and warning that the United States has "no clear national security connection" to the conflict.

"We should ascertain who used the weapons and we should have an open debate in Congress over whether the situation warrants U.S. involvement," reads the statement. "The Constitution grants the power to declare war to Congress not the President."

Paul continues, "The war in Syria has no clear national security connection to the United States and victory by either side will not necessarily bring in to power people friendly to the United States."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/28/rand-paul-syria_n_3831058.html

He wants to be President, so he's not flying the freak flag. He won't say an attack is wrong, just that Obama needs a permission slip.

Oh, he wants to fly that freak flag.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    (removed the blah blah blah, my own)

I am not clear on the stated goal for going in?

Bon Vivant said:
    Don't you have an Onion article to fall for?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bashar-alassad-introduces-syrian-bikesharing-progr,33320/

LOL!

bassie said:

A lot of people aren't.

I'm also not totally clear. I'm in favor of waiting for the UN report.

• bassie said:

Discouragement.

It's pretty weak.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

In 2007, Senator Joe Biden repeatedly threatened to impeach President George W. Bush should he attack Iran without congressional authorization. Senator Obama agreed that Bush did not have the power to order a strike on Iran.

Now I'm gonna sit back and watch the SS lawyer twins explain this away as total bullshit.