Why White Hipsters Are Wankers

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

1. AHHHHHHHAAHAHA! Like I care that your the boss at a stanky lame record store. That's supose to impress me?

dude you're sounding like a fool right about now, it's not his store it's Paychecks...he just promotes it via his avatar cause they're homies...nothing wrong with that.

I know that now that he made it clear. At the time he said he was a boss, but he didn't say of what so I figured it was the record store.

And how am I looking like a fool? Because I don't know the ocupation of some dude bitching at me over the internet?

Foolish are the 2 people that get onto a record board advertizing a store and then go off on people. Bad advertising!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

I know that now that he made it clear. At the time he said he was a boss, but he didn't say of what so I figured it was the record store.

And how am I looking like a fool? Because I don't know the ocupation of some dude bitching at me over the internet?

Foolish are the 2 people that get onto a record board advertizing a store and then go off on people. Bad advertising!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

The girl on the left is cute=

your monitor isn't on, is it?

It's like someone accidentally stabbed her in the side of the head with some hair clippers.

not sure on this thread.

sigh.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

This party looks kinda corny....but i would still go if there were girls.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    STOP ARGUING AND BUY MY RECORDS YATCHES!!!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    His street fliers come emblazoned with the words "Kill Whitie" across a woman's backside. Another flier offers free admission to anyone with a bucket of fried chicken.

"yo we're here to kill whitey"

This thread should have ended with this right here...both quotes and the picture says it all

"Gee hun....that corset really makes your tits stick out. Maybe I should try it!"

STOP ARGUING AND BUY MY RECORDS YATCHES!!!

Just had to get it to page 8. And really how do you think Adam Yauch feels about your language?

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    these are sad times...

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    Damn, Sometimes this place leaves me speechless. For all folks that spend so much time grinding their axes. Get some milk and cookies, it's o.k.....really, it is.

Can't we all just get along ?.......For the Children.

Stop Bitching and START a REVOLUTION !!!!!!!!!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Hey Mermaid Parade, at last!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    This thread is nuts. Didn't read but enjoyed the statistics.

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    whoa whoa whoa. simmer down folks. i like the record threads better here.

don't get all butt hurt about a bunch of rich white kids mocking an overmarketed, co-opted, pseudo-culture which does more to promote black stereotypes and line the pockets of already rich (and white) record executives than it does to "keep it real" or promote understanding and racial equality. we're not talking about a group of rednecks laughing at a public enemy record and saying "silly niggers civil rights are for whites"...

...but when you have a mainstream genre which for the most part glorifies guns, materialist attitudes, violence, disrespects women, and generally upholds the stereotype of "the violent black male", i can't see how anyone can actually be offended by some white kids dressing up and mocking it. furthermore, i think you're all overreacting to the spin that was put on the original article. in response to the quote from the chick saying she didn't feel safe around real hip hop clubs...yeah, no one's denying that there's a bunch of white boys and girls all over the world (and no shortage in nyc) who suffer from rampant negrophobia. yet, these same kids are the ones who are fascinated with this shit mainstream music and can't help but want to go out and dance in hip hop clubs. therefore, there may be a portion of the patrons at this event who find a safe haven in a predominantly white environment...and yeah, that's fucked up and that's been the basis for more than enough material in stand up comedy (and we'll leave that for another thread).

personally i don't think you can relate this to white people who are into soul and funk or rare groove. apples and oranges. furthermore, having this rampant liberal race-guilt in our pop culture is what's setting the stage for a radical backlash from white conservatives who are gonna be fed up with having to apologize for their skin tone. and that, my friends, is a lot more dangerous to racial equality than a couple of white kids in brooklyn dancing to gangsta rap.

lastly, how come no one's offended by this?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    whoa whoa whoa. simmer down folks. i like the record threads better here.

don't get all butt hurt about a bunch of rich white kids mocking an overmarketed, co-opted, pseudo-culture which does more to promote black stereotypes and line the pockets of already rich (and white) record executives than it does to "keep it real" or promote understanding and racial equality. we're not talking about a group of rednecks laughing at a public enemy record and saying "silly niggers civil rights are for whites"...

...but when you have a mainstream genre which for the most part glorifies guns, materialist attitudes, violence, disrespects women, and generally upholds the stereotype of "the violent black male", i can't see how anyone can actually be offended by some white kids dressing up and mocking it. furthermore, i think you're all overreacting to the spin that was put on the original article. in response to the quote from the chick saying she didn't feel safe around real hip hop clubs...yeah, no one's denying that there's a bunch of white boys and girls all over the world (and no shortage in nyc) who suffer from rampant negrophobia. yet, these same kids are the ones who are fascinated with this shit mainstream music and can't help but want to go out and dance in hip hop clubs. therefore, there may be a portion of the patrons at this event who find a safe haven in a predominantly white environment...and yeah, that's fucked up and that's been the basis for more than enough material in stand up comedy (and we'll leave that for another thread).

personally i don't think you can relate this to white people who are into soul and funk or rare groove. apples and oranges. furthermore, having this rampant liberal race-guilt in our pop culture is what's setting the stage for a radical backlash from white conservatives who are gonna be fed up with having to apologize for their skin tone. and that, my friends, is a lot more dangerous to racial equality than a couple of white kids in brooklyn dancing to gangsta rap.

+[/b]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Peoples go ahead and complain, but if you ain't part of the solution....you know the rest.

how many fucking hours have you spent on this website bitching, dude? and have you ever done a god damn thing to help out your wrongly-accused-of-being-rabbis-but-just-plain-old hasidim or all those gays slandered to no end by the use of the word fag? no, you haven't. shut the fuck up for christ's sake.

actually yes I have, I've done a whole lot on that subject cause its a real life issue I believe in. I've worked a lot with both the ADL and various Hillel groups as well local mosques(which let me tell you isn't easy as a jew in America post 9/11). I don't know why anyone here would assume that I haven't done anything to help the image of both the religiously Jewish and ethnicly semetic people of the world.

but thanks for assuming something and posting it up as if you knew what was really up. Truly a class move.

Now more pictures of Hasidic childrens and a figurine

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ...having this rampant liberal race-guilt in our pop culture is what's setting the stage for a radical backlash from white conservatives who are gonna be fed up with having to apologize for their skin tone.

Who has guilt in this thread?

It's like you can't call something, that just so happens to involve Black culture in this particular instance, for what it is without being branded with that stigma.

They could be imitating fucking Martians for all I care. The same shit would apply.

It seems like that's the new thing to throw around when someone speaks up on anything that can be construed, or actually is negative that White people do.

But now i'll probably be branded with "white guilt" from saying all that, right?

thefuckouttahere

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    one more time. LISTEN AND LEARN.

Odub-

You'd have to appreciate that judging by some of what I've read around here, the litmus test for "is it racist?" would have to be something on the level of a lynching and even then, I could imagine someone writing in to say, "well, you know, I don't think lynching was really about race, it's really about class. After all, they lynched white people too, right?"

"No, no racism here."

Bigstacks-

Shiiit, if I were a White guy, I'd be the whitest White guy that ever lived. Why try to simulate the Black experience, when you have privilege on your side? That's some dumb, arrogant, surburbia bullshit. If they were REALLY treated like Black folks (or more generally, minorities), they would scurry their little, spoiled asses back to their suburbian enclave. It's tough being minority. You're never good enough, seen as threatening, invisible, unimportant, are disrespected and mentally or physically abused (e.g., Jasper, TX), endure higher mortality rates, and suffer lower housing, occupational, and social mobility, etc. Embrace your whiteness and all of its (taken for granted) benefits.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

(not addressing Guzzo)

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    THANK YOU

I feel like i'm yelling into a fucking tunnel

This shit is so basic it never had to leave page 1.

Dude is an asshole - end of story.

The rest of these pages have been wasted trying to defend this fools actions.

And that's saying alot.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    sall good. i'm catching up on my week's worth of soulstrut beef.
    glad to know, things haven't changed!

i'm also glad the OG heads are still chiming in.

• I am proud of day.

serious

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I am proud of day.

serious

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Wow! I just read 8 pages. I'm a slow reader and it took over an hour.

Here is the best thing I read:
    By the way, I just want to state this very plainly - the litmus test for racism should not be "does this promote an active hatred of Blackness." Rather, it should be, "is this overturning White Supremacy or does it perpetuate it?"

Let me add 2 things to this, if anyone is still listening.
    1) The test for racism is not; "would it be racist if Black people were doing it?". The test for racism is not; "Would it be racist if it were a different group?".

2) We know the klan is racists. We like to think rednecks and Southerners are racists. Don't for a minute kid yourself into thinking racism is harmless if perpetuated by hip urban youth.

Big Stacks, you sound like my Baba. When she would see me in torn jeans and a t-shirt she would say, "Why do you want to look poor, is it a sin to have money?".

Lastly to those who don't see what the big deal is, I get where you are coming from. I mean, how is this really different than those 'pimp and ho nights' you guys are always throwing?

I will see you all next Friday.

Dan

You'd have to appreciate that judging by some of what I've read around here, the litmus test for "is it racist?" would have to be something on the level of a lynching and even then, I could imagine someone writing in to say, "well, you know, I don't think lynching was really about race, it's really about class. After all, they lynched white people too, right?"

"No, no racism here."

It's all disappointing, really.

• I always thought that tiki lounge shit was racist.

• Grafwritah, they are two separate things that work together. You are right about economics. In areas where there is no diversity in race or culture, humans figure out other ways to single people out for exploitation, scapegoating, and whatever else. Usually it's economic, social, etc. It's not like we weren't born yesterday and nobody knows this. How does this take away from racism? Seems like that's what your getting at.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Holy shit, there's 8 pages of my life I'll never get back. Waht possesses me to keep clicking to the next page?? Fuck knows. But I will tell you this. Dial up internet is fucking slow. Pumpsta is a fucktard and his parties sound wack, but not surprising. I can see where Guzzo is coming from, and I can also see why people are giving him shit too. But I'm not gonna chime in with my 2 bits worth, just try my best to call people on their racist/homophobe/anti-semite etc. etc. stuff in the real world. Since you all look to have it under control I'll let you real heads battle it out on here. Lastly, each other.

• How is that not equal out to be largely economics?

Not that this question makes sense but I'll answer anyway. Because race is used to group this perceived economic element. Why? Because of years of stereotyping, economic[/b] subjugation, and ridiculing.

Yes, it goes back to economics, but equal out to be is not what it does. Motivation=economics, tool= racism.

In non diverse places, it becomes more social, and economic.