LEAVE BEER ALONE

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Belgian candy sugar in beer gets the gas face. It grosses me out like Swedish Fish. And yes, that means you can keep your Duvel. It's nasty. Real talk.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Belgian candy sugar in beer gets the gas face. It grosses me out like Swedish Fish. And yes, that means you can keep your Duvel. It's nasty. Real talk.

Duvel - fermented in the bottle. Will get you drunker than a swedish fish. It is a little sweet.

An acquired taste. Something you appreciate with age.

• WHEN IN DOUBT POAST MORE TITS. LONELY STRUTTEURS LOVE THAT SCHITT.

It's funny watching the indignant outpouring talmbout "yeah OK I guess we DO suck at rap...but but BUT WAIT WE HAVE BEER!!!"

Oops! We got that on lock, too.

Like I said in the other thread, no one fucks with my local beer experience. I've been to Belgium, Germany, you name it. And then I come home and can find pretty much every beer I tried overseas at my local bar or grocery store. Then I can try the bazillion superb US beers. Then I can listen to E-40 (I think he's from the US) while twisting the finest herb in the world, grown about 15 miles from my house and delivered to my pad in a 64 Chevy (made in Detroit).

Kiss the onion rings.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,231 Posts
    perhaps now is the time to remind all of you that your shittiest beers are all belong to AMBEV now, the huge Brazilian conglomerate that cornered the domestic market for shitty beer and then decided to go worldwide. Enjoy your Budweisers and your Stellas, because everyone knows that's what you poseurs actually drink.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    WHEN IN DOUBT POAST MORE TITS. LONELY STRUTTEURS LOVE THAT SCHITT.

It's funny watching the indignant outpouring talmbout "yeah OK I guess we DO suck at rap...but but BUT WAIT WE HAVE BEER!!!"

Like I said in the other thread, no one fucks with my local beer experience. I've been to Belgium, Germany, you name it. And then I come home and can find pretty much every beer I tried overseas at my local bar or grocery store. Then I can try the bazillion superb US beers. Then I can listen to E-40 (I think he's from the US) while twisting the finest herb in the world, grown about 15 miles from my house and delivered to my pad in a 64 Chevy (made in Detroit).

Kiss the onion rings.

If the 9ers win on Sunday, your head is going to explode like YEEEEEEE!!!

ppadilha said:
    perhaps now is the time to remind all of you that your shittiest beers are all belong to AMBEV now, the huge Brazilian conglomerate that cornered the domestic market for shitty beer and then decided to go worldwide. Enjoy your Budweisers and your Stellas, because everyone knows that's what you poseurs actually drink.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    America has only even tried to make good beer for like 20 years now, and we're 99% as far along as all of Euroland, which has been making beer for like a 1000 years.

Sorry, this shouldn't a big point of Europride.

• HarveyCanal said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

Kiss the onion rings.

If the 9ers win on Sunday, your head is going to explode like YEEEEEEE!!!

If the Niners win I will be drunk off Fernet and Anchor Steam, but I'll try to remain humble.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Anchor Steam.

Jeah

batmon said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Anchor Steam.

Jeah

3rdeded.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Anchor Steam.

Jeah

3rdeded.

I really like their porter, too.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    If the Niners win I'll try to remain humble.

Said no Niners fan ever ;-P

Just playin'... you're one of maybe 5 people I know who can actually claim to be a Niners fan. For that, I'm rooting for you. The rest of the city of fools? Not so much.

• DB_Cooper said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Anchor Steam.

Jeah

3rdeded.

I really like their porter, too.

There's actually crazy small batch varieties of Anchor Steam, almost all of them good.

If you ever have the chance to do the tour, it's well worth it. Book the last slot of the day (preferably on a Friday) to maximize the time allotted at the end in the tasting room. The year I did it the whole staff knocked off work and started drinking with us, pulling out all sorts of obscure bottles.

Given how widely available Anchor is in the US, it's remarkable to see how small of a facility they have. Every bottle of the stuff worldwide comes out of this one pretty modest-sized old building in SF.

They also have a distillery across the street that does gin and bourbon; I think the label is "Old Potrero." Not great.

• At least Euroman can rest happy in the knowledge he's watching a proper game of football.

• FortyFivan said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

Just playin'... you're one of maybe 5 people I know who can actually claim to be a Niners fan. For that, I'm rooting for you. The rest of the city of fools? Not so much.

My SF native friends and I have watched the last few Giants-Niners seasons with a mix of joy (at winning) and disgust (at the bandwagoneering and general hype).

• SP 1200 said:
    At least Euroman can rest happy in the knowledge he's watching a proper game of football.

Aren't there like 5000 European club teams, 99% of which are total ass?

• No they're all good because they're playing real football.
    Duderonomy

SP 1200 said:
    At least Euroman can rest happy in the knowledge he's watching a proper game of football.

^^^FLOPS FOR EURO BEER SPRAY.

SP 1200 said:

Surrounded by goons waiting to stove their head in with tire iron if they are rooting for the wrong team.

Only in Euroland could 'hooligan' become a legal designation.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    FortyFivan said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

My SF native friends and I have watched the last few Giants-Niners seasons with a mix of joy (at winning) and disgust (at the bandwagoneering and general hype).

I know the feeling... Boston 2004-2008 (plus or minus counting the Pats and Celts).

Horseleech said:
    SP 1200 said:

Surrounded by goons waiting to stove their head in with tire iron if they are rooting for the wrong team.

Only in Euroland could 'hooligan' become a legal designation.

We call em: REDNECKS.

• Horseleech said:
    SP 1200 said:
    At least Euroman can rest happy in the knowledge he's watching a proper

game of football.

No weapons allowed old chap Green Street Elite isn't all that accurate a portrayal.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

Kiss the onion rings.

Dude - rap - its a us game no doubt. E40 is shit imo but thats personal.
    And I'm happy for you - its great - you have REALLY big shops and awesome retail experiences. Take that Wallmart vibe and run with it.
    But keep your tacky cars, your amateurish excuses for brew, and come see me in Amsterdam if you really want to find out about weed.
    The tits are gratuit - but like your fine fellow countryman knew - they go great together. Dont be a pussy.

:hi:

• No Walmarts in my town, sorry.

And don't pretend the big box thing is a US-only phenomenon.

Every Euro country with enough space for a WalMart, has a Walmart (Euro equivalent; you know what I mean).

When I lived in Paris in '98 I bought my TV at the Carrefour same as the next guy.

It's not like you guys have a principled stance against big retail outlets; you guys just don't have any space.

I won't argue about US vs. Dutch weed since my pallette isn't all that refined. I understand our shit is pretty decent, though. I heard that somewhere.

Dude said E-40 is shit...smh.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Dude said E-40 is shit...smh.

yeah come to think of it I'm not sure why I dignified dude with a response after reading that.

he also referred to a '64 Chevy as "tacky."

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

FUCK! I was just about to leave work for the day...but I can't get up from my desk, thanks to the semi that these pics just gave me...THANKS. Now, I'm going to have to look at the 'post a picture of yourself killin it in real life thread' to bring this pup tent crashing back down...

EDIT: Seriously 'doe...that Weihenstephaner Vitus will make your fuckin' knees buckle.

SP 1200 said:
    Horseleech said:
    SP 1200 said:
    At least Euroman can rest happy in the knowledge he's watching a proper

game of football.

No weapons allowed old chap Green Street Elite isn't all that accurate a portrayal.

Sorry, I meant to say 'section of bannister ripped from a stairway'.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

yo, what??s that triple B stand for? Bitches Brew Beverages? where??s that obvious Jazz rekkid?

b/w

aint it all about personal taste? in the end i??d guess that none on here, myself included, would be able to distinguish between 10 choices of beer, allocating at least 5 right.