36 Chambers

2»

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    This sound still holds up with me. anybody know what RZA was using on this record? His beats have that dirty grime sound but it dosn't sound like dude was using an SP1200

I think he was using both an sp and an ASR.

where's my killa tape at

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    [ like all the skits too...they set the mood.

"Darling.... Where my Killa tape?"

But really... some of my fav skits

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    dude you're crazy

36 chambers is possibly the best hip hop album EVER

Okay. Let's try to keep our enthusiasm in check.

focused.

• Love the whole album except CAN IT BE ALL SO SIMPLE. Can't get into it. Favorite track would be AFTER THE LAUGHTER COMES TEARZ or TEARZ wahtever you want to call it. Dopest song by WU-TANG EVER.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Love the whole album except CAN IT BE ALL SO SIMPLE. Can't get into it.
    really?! that shits in my top three on the record.

• Love the whole album except CAN IT BE ALL SO SIMPLE. Can't get into it.
    really?! that shits in my top three on the record.

I don't know it doesn't fit in the album IMO. It sounds different than the whole thing but not in a good way. I don't know.

• its kinda funny to hear people comment on 12 year old albums that they probably only heard 2 years ago.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    dude you're crazy

36 chambers is possibly the best hip hop album EVER

dude YOU'RE crazy

it IS the best hip hop album ever

its kinda funny to hear people comment on 12 year old albums that they probably only heard 2 years ago.
    yeah, i'm almost 29, but just heard that yesterday(?!) man, i was bumping this in high school.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    This doesn't sound so good in 2005.

I was into it originally, but havn't listened in a long time, now I'm like

Any other classics that just don't do it for you anymore?

I never really got into Pete Rock and CL Smooth, but that 2nd LP is tired.

Wu = bangin.... nuff said.

But I'm gonna disagree with almost all of you about Pete Rock & CL Smooth, both albums are tight and I dig Main Ingredient all the way through - even the outro's/interludes were ill... Shit, that album is in my Top 20 - YES - Top 20...

• its kinda funny to hear people comment on 12 year old albums that they probably only heard 2 years ago.

yeah, i'm almost 29, but just heard that yesterday(?!) man, i was bumping this in high school.

talking to ya not about ya

i remember i bought it the day it came out. back then i would be at the music store every tuesday buying up tapes. i bought 36 chambers, and liked protect your neck and method man enough but the rest of it went straight over my head. about 6 months later after i had forced myself to listen to it a few times it finally hit me that it was one of the best albums ever. back then my shit was gangstarr, tribe, de la etc. wutang was on some straight up grimey shit.

its just funny to me(no diss) to hear kids comment on stuff that they heard way after the shit came out. some of these comments i just have to sit here and giggle at. for a lot of us older heads we equate some of this music to the time period in our lives when it came out. 93-94 was a great time for hiphop. tons of good albums came out that year. it was a good time in my life as well.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Yeah the PR and CL album is dope not on my 20 list but dope....But unless someone is real young ...how did you not catch the Wu hype when this rec first dropped ...I remeber it being a real big thing at my middle school ..kids with the CREAM shirts going down the side...I wish I had some of my old poster and ish...

its kinda funny to hear people comment on 12 year old albums that they probably only heard 2 years ago.

talking to ya not about ya

i remember i bought it the day it came out. back then i would be at the music store every tuesday buying up tapes. i bought 36 chambers, and liked protect your neck and method man enough but the rest of it went straight over my head. about 6 months later after i had forced myself to listen to it a few times it finally hit me that it was one of the best albums ever. back then my shit was gangstarr, tribe, de la etc. wutang was on some straight up grimey shit.

its just funny to me(no diss) to hear kids comment on stuff that they heard way after the shit came out. some of these comments i just have to sit here and giggle at. for a lot of us older heads we equate some of this music to the time period in our lives when it came out. 93-94 was a great time for hiphop. tons of good albums came out that year. it was a good time in my life as well.
    no harm.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I guess maybe I'm a victim of my own revisionist history. I agree they brought a whole new thing and maybe that's why I don't like it as much now. Everyone has grimey beats, so now you go back and the 1st WU doesn't blow you away as much cuz it's been copied so much. Doesn't mean it's not good.

I just go back to Liquid Swords or Cuban Linx more.

I'm not hating, I'm just suprised at the internal reaction I had listening again. Must......make.....corse...corection...........

• Rix22Rix22 67 Posts
    I completely agree FLATBLACKPLASTIC. It is extremely difficult to totally understand or "feel" an album if you didn't cop it when it was initally released. An album can be appreciated from afar but only those who lived during a particular period can thoroughly appreciate it.

I completely agree FLATBLACKPLASTIC. It is extremely difficult to totally understand or "feel" an album if you didn't cop it when it was initally released. An album can be appreciated from afar but only those who lived during a particular period can thoroughly appreciate it.
    the beatles broke up before i was born. i feel that shit and appreciate it.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Really, How many people on this site were even alive when most of the records they own and or discuss came out?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    I completely agree FLATBLACKPLASTIC. It is extremely difficult to totally understand or "feel" an album if you didn't cop it when it was initally released. An album can be appreciated from afar but only those who lived during a particular period can thoroughly appreciate it. thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard. why are you even on this site if you feel that way?

• its just funny to me(no diss) to hear kids comment on stuff that they heard way after the shit came out. some of these comments i just have to sit here and giggle at. for a lot of us older heads we equate some of this music to the time period in our lives when it came out. 93-94 was a great time for hiphop. tons of good albums came out that year. it was a good time in my life as well.

I completely agree FLATBLACKPLASTIC. It is extremely difficult to totally understand or "feel" an album if you didn't cop it when it was initally released. An album can be appreciated from afar but only those who lived during a particular period can thoroughly appreciate it. the beatles broke up before i was born. i feel that shit and appreciate it. i can feel that beatles comment.
    look dudes, i aint hating on no one who gets into hiphop stuff late, its just some of these comments are funny to me. you cant help when youre born but at the same time if you just heard 36 chambers this millenium you're gonna automatically compare it to shit from the same era, not the early to mid nineties when it originally came out

your avatar's got to go... not funny at all.

flatblack, i feel you, but other dood's comment about "being there from inception" is shortsighted. 99% of what i listen to was old by the time i first heard it.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    The Wu is comin thru, the outcome is critical
    Fuckin wit my style, is sort of like a Miracle
    on 34th Street, in the Square of Herald
    I gamed Ella, the bitch caught a Fitz like Gerald --
    -- ine Ferraro, who's full of sorrow
    Cuz the hoe didn't win but the sun will still come out tomorrow
    and shine shine shine like 409
    Here comes the drunk monk, with a quart of Ballantine
    Pass the bone, kid pass the bone
    Let's get on this mission like Indiana Jones, the GZA
    One who just represent the Wu-Tang click
    With the game and soul, of an old school flick
    Like the Mack and Dolemite, who both did bids
    Claudine went to Cooley High and had mad kids
    so stop, the life you save may be your motherfuckin own
    I'll hang your ass with this microphone
    Make way for the merge of traffic
    Wu-Tang's comin thru with Full Metal Jackets
    God squad that's mad hard to serve
    Come frontin hard, till Bernhard Goetz what he deserves

DAMN the GZA was
    I don't know if I ever even got that "I gamed Ella, the bitch caught a Fitz like Gerald -- ine Ferraro" before now. This is the kind of stuff that I listen to Hip Hop for, mane.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

DAMN the GZA was
    I don't know if I ever even got that "I gamed Ella, the bitch caught a Fitz like Gerald -- ine Ferraro" before now. This is the kind of stuff that I listen to Hip Hop for, mane.

You become so Pat as my style increases
    What's that in your pants ahhh human feces!
    Throw your shitty drawers in the hamper
    Next time come strapped with a fuckin Pamper

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts

Really, How many people on this site were even alive when most of the records they own and or discuss came out?

Uhhhhh...... I would say I was alive for about 80% of my collection if not more.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

Any other classics that just don't do it for you anymore?

I never really got into Pete Rock and CL Smooth, but that 2nd LP is tired.

I actually stiil enjoy the 1st EPMD and PE, and tribe and lots of other stuff that's older then Wu. Not to say I bust it out everyday..........

Wow, how did I almost miss this? You're a fuckwit dude. Maybe the dumbest person on this site.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

You have the right to your opinion.............but did you cop it when it first came out or did you arrive a little late?
    I dont have to praise this Lp, it speaks for itself.

My one gripe about 36 is the low sound quality.......that always made me listen to on cd rather than vinyl.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

You have the right to your opinion.............but did you cop it when it first came out or did you arrive a little late?
    I dont have to praise this Lp, it speaks for itself.

My one gripe about 36 is the low sound quality.......that always made me listen to on cd rather than vinyl.

No...that's my whole point. Records that blew you aways when they came out but 12 years later they don't have as much as an impact. When this came out I loved it, but now it's not as amazing. I think the LP's low sound quality might be part of it. When it came out I was like "this is raw" now I'm like "this sounds like a really good demo".