36 Chambers

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited August 2005 in Music Talk
This doesn't sound so good in 2005.I was into it originally, but havn't listened in a long time, now I'm like Any other classics that just don't do it for you anymore?I never really got into Pete Rock and CL Smooth, but that 2nd LP is tired.I actually stiil enjoy the 1st EPMD and PE, and tribe and lots of other stuff that's older then Wu. Not to say I bust it out everyday..........

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    This doesn't sound so good in 2005.

I was into it originally, but havn't listened in a long time, now I'm like

Any other classics that just don't do it for you anymore?

I never really got into Pete Rock and CL Smooth, but that 2nd LP is tired.

I actually stiil enjoy the 1st EPMD and PE, and tribe and lots of other stuff that's older then Wu. Not to say I bust it out everyday..........

• Crazy talk, dude.

• This doesn't sound so good in 2005.

I was into it originally, but havn't listened in a long time, now I'm like

Any other classics that just don't do it for you anymore?

I never really got into Pete Rock and CL Smooth, but that 2nd LP is tired.

I actually stiil enjoy the 1st EPMD and PE, and tribe and lots of other stuff that's older then Wu. Not to say I bust it out everyday..........

you sick

• im kinda with you on the peterock and cl though

but "protect ya neck" will never ever get tired
    again and again

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    im kinda with you on the peterock and cl though

but "protect ya neck" will never ever get tired
    again and again

Yeh, some of the songs are still good, but as a whole LP it's not as crazy amazing as I once thought.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Yeh, some of the songs are still good, but as a whole LP it's not as crazy amazing as I once thought.

What ever , you hate everybody and everything.

Do you really want to hear them yammer about "word is bond god" over an over? That the one thing that always bothered me about them. The need to over slangify everything.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Do you really want to hear them yammer about "word is bond god" over an over? That the one thing that always bothered me about them. The need to over slangify everything.
    Mufuckahs rap how they speak. What more do you want?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Crazy talk, dude.

You slipped out of character, creampuff.

I'm talking about the interlude about the dude gettting shot and they can't even get a sentance out. That's just trying way to hard to be cool.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

I'm talking about the interlude about the dude gettting shot and they can't even get a sentance out. That's just trying way to hard to be cool.
    I'm guessing you would be calm and collected if someone got shot in front of you. Mufuckah please.

• Crazy talk, dude.

You slipped out of character, creampuff.
    Do I know you?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    dude you're crazy

36 chambers is possibly the best hip hop album EVER

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    dude you're crazy

36 chambers is possibly the best hip hop album EVER

Okay. Let's try to keep our enthusiasm in check.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    im sorry i dont that the internet as seriously as you do

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The Wu is comin thru, the outcome is critical
    Fuckin wit my style, is sort of like a Miracle
    on 34th Street, in the Square of Herald
    I gamed Ella, the bitch caught a Fitz like Gerald --
    -- ine Ferraro, who's full of sorrow
    Cuz the hoe didn't win but the sun will still come out tomorrow
    and shine shine shine like 409
    Here comes the drunk monk, with a quart of Ballantine
    Pass the bone, kid pass the bone
    Let's get on this mission like Indiana Jones, the GZA
    One who just represent the Wu-Tang click
    With the game and soul, of an old school flick
    Like the Mack and Dolemite, who both did bids
    Claudine went to Cooley High and had mad kids
    so stop, the life you save may be your motherfuckin own
    I'll hang your ass with this microphone
    Make way for the merge of traffic
    Wu-Tang's comin thru with Full Metal Jackets
    God squad that's mad hard to serve
    Come frontin hard, till Bernhard Goetz what he deserves

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    there are several things you've said controversially that i've thought were justifiable, but this time i think you forgot to use a measuring cup. that album is top 20. forever. bwahahahah!!!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    This still sounds raw as f*ck in 2005.

I agree.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Volumen,

Usually I feel you on things, but you're buggin' this time. "36 Chambers" is classic material. That last joint on there still makes me crazy, as does the whole LP. And "Mecca and the Soul Brother" still gets ridiculous spins, even though I'm more of a PR fan (beat-wise) than I am of the Meccadon on the mic. I didn't like "The Main Ingredient" as much, but still it's a quality LP. I really can't listen to "Yo! Bum Rush the Show" more than "Nation of Millions...." and "Fear of a Black Planet." The first Wu joint is definitely Top 20 material. Those cats changed the game, the Parliament/Funkadelic of rap.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I really can't stop listening to "Yo! Bum Rush the Show" 20 years later

from the slammer swing a hammer like the Mighty Thor

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo Soul,

There are some isolated tracks on "Yo" that I still fuck with, but it just pales in comparison to "Nation". I love some PE, period. I don't think it's wack, it just sounds a little more dated to me.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks,

I definitely see feeling that way, I gotta give Nation the nod as their strongest album, but I just have that thing where so many artists that I have listened to since they first came out, even if they got better, that first joint stayed my favorite. I listen to Criminal Minded over By All Means, Paid in Full over Follow the Leader, Straight Out the Jungle over Done By the Forces, and on and on. That PE cassette had my walkman on lock forever.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

.......word is bond god

• yea i just pulled that album out recently and.. yea its still classic.. cant get sick of it.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo,

I've always dug Liquid Swords or Return To The 36 Chambers more than the 1st WU tang lp. Protect your next is great, but 3/4 hot songs does not an album make. I have a tape of it that I haven't played in maybe 5 years. This is a review of the album from amazon by some guy:

"I'm not gonna pretend like a know a whole lot about the history of Hip-Hop and rap music to write this review. All I know is what I like--tight beats and ill lyrics, and this album is a classic because it excells in both areas! I'm not into most newer "Hip-Hop" that is played on the radio or on MTV; most of it all sounds the same, and its pretty weak. This album came out over ten years ago and sounds just as good now as it did then, and that is ten times better than most of the B.S. you hear anymore. I remeber when I first heard of the Wu-Tang Clan back in 1993 (when I was only 13!) when I first saw the videos for Method Man and C.R.E.A.M.--I couldn't wait to hear more! It took a few months, but I finally got this album and haven't grown tired of it ever since. Its not on constant rotation, but I've got every track memorized, even the sketches, and the $hit never gets old! If you don't have it yet, what's your excuse? Never dated or outdone, Wu's first album is one of the greatest albums of any genre, and I'm a fan of Punk, Metal, Classic Rock and even Jazz, and this is still one of my all time favorites."

This dude is no Bob Bannister.

That 2nd Pete Rock & CL lp sounded tired 1 month after it dropped. The remixes of searching & get on the mic were better than the og's. Am I supposed to get amped over caramel city?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I was just listening to this the other day, and I was impressed with how well it held up. I agree that the skits aren???t very good, but that was never what I liked about the LP anyway. I also didn't think Method Man held up as well as some of the other songs. I used to think that it was one of the better tracks but this time around it was kind of compared to the rest of the LP.

• I was just listening to this the other day, and I was impressed with how well it held up. I agree that the skits aren???t very good, but that was never what I liked about the LP anyway. I also didn't think Method Man held up as well as some of the other songs. I used to think that it was one of the better tracks but this time around it was kind of compared to the rest of the LP.

yall are snorting too much yay
    there might be 1, maybe 2 songs on that record that arent ridiculously banging. everything else = heavyweight competition anihilation music. i like all the skits too...they set the mood. i used to picture dingy shaolin living rooms with a bunch of ill dudes sitting around playing cards and bootlegging whisky. nawwait, that was some al capoine movie.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    i used to picture dingy shaolin living rooms with a bunch of ill dudes sitting around playing cards and bootlegging whisky. nawwait, that was some al capoine movie.

Naw, that was Shaolin.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    This sound still holds up with me. anybody know what RZA was using on this record? His beats have that dirty grime sound but it dosn't sound like dude was using an SP1200

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    yall are snorting too much yay