JT finally (finally!) bringing sexy back

13»

Comments

• PROWESS

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Trey Songz is a great call. I dont get what the big deal is with that kid but he can do no wrong in the eyes of his Stans. Chris Brown's appeal is no different than Bobby Brown in his prime.

Wait.. u got a New Edition coke head going solo and becoming the OG King Of Pop = Chris Brown?

Bobby Brown dolo has slow jams that still Rock Witcha in this day. And we can add Mr. Telephone Man to the mix.

Chris Brown dont have no slow jams. Dude is jumpin around and shit.

• double.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Chris Brown is one of the goofiest-looking-dudes-ever-to-successfully-convince-women-that-he's-handsome.

If he couldn't dance, he'd be lucky to be as big as Mario Winans.

even the dance thing is kinda overblown, no?

I understand how you might say that considering your side gig in cirque du soleil but to most people he is still a pretty great dancer

Oh he's a "great dancer?" Tell me more.

My point is who gives a shit. Doesn't his dancing seem to be given an undue weight in assessing his overall worth?

None of the older gen dudes mentioned in this thread leaned so heavily on the dancing shit.

• it was a joke, but srsly I do not think you are the target audience

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    PROWESS

It's almost my bedtime, so I can't list all the panty-melters of yesteryear. But yea, for all the smokin men I know in real life I can't really call up any current sex-you-up singers that rate.
    All I know is that as far as the past 15 or so sexy r&b years go - D'Angelo owns that shit. Even with the extra pounds....who am I kidding, maybe even more so with the extra pounds.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:
    Trey Songz is a great call. I dont get what the big deal is with that kid but he can do no wrong in the eyes of his Stans. Chris Brown's appeal is no different than Bobby Brown in his prime.

Wait.. u got a New Edition coke head going solo and becoming the OG King Of Pop = Chris Brown?

Bobby Brown dolo has slow jams that still Rock Witcha in this day. And we can add Mr. Telephone Man to the mix.

Chris Brown has plenty of slow jams...mid tempo grind jams. Not necessarily ballads. Bobby did plenty of jumping around and dancing on stage and in videos. Chris started out as a MJ clone...he later adopted the "bad boy" Bobby Brown image

edpowers said:
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:

Chris Brown has plenty of slow jams...mid tempo grind jams. Not necessarily ballads. Bobby did plenty of jumping around and dancing on stage and in videos. Chris started out as a MJ clone...he later adopted the "bad boy" Bobby Brown image

I never hear Chris Brown on The Quiet Storm.

Whether or not you agree with the BB comparison or see him as Quiet Storm-worthy, Brown is a pop star - like JT - who has convinced tour buses full of men and women that he is sexually appealing - like JT, who kick-started this whole conversation. I think it makes sense to include Brown.

bassie said:
    Whether or not you agree with the BB comparison or see him as Quiet Storm-worthy, Brown is a pop star - like JT - who has convinced tour buses full of men and women that he is sexually appealing - like JT, who kick-started this whole conversation. I think it makes sense to include Brown.

Yes he's a large R&B/Pop star...no doubt. And he's the leading Dancing R&B dude in the game. I think Usher was doin it for a minute.

Sexy - yeah visually. Sexy artistically - I dont feel it.

• I still say the dance thing is a crutch for this Brown clown.

Usher and the rest of the dance dudes had better music relative to the dance thing.

They didn't rely on the dance thing so heavily.

I feel like the dance thing comes first in his whole "brand"; he leads with it; music is 2ndary.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:

I love you

Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:

I love you

You guys are old.

edpowers said:
    You guys are old.

oh yea.

A million times YES. I am convinced! I am convinced!

Heard "Suit & Tie" in the club last night. Shit is officially wack.

• bassie said:

recently went back and revisited Justified. aside from 1 or 2 snoozers, shit holds up

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Chris Brown is one of the goofiest-looking-dudes-ever-to-successfully-convince-women-that-he's-handsome.

If he couldn't dance, he'd be lucky to be as big as Mario Winans.

even the dance thing is kinda overblown, no?

I understand how you might say that considering your side gig in cirque du soleil but to most people he is still a pretty great dancer

Oh he's a "great dancer?" Tell me more.

My point is who gives a shit. Doesn't his dancing seem to be given an undue weight in assessing his overall worth?

None of the older gen dudes mentioned in this thread leaned so heavily on the dancing shit.

I thought CB was just a decent MJ impersonator as far the dance...maybe I'm thinking of Ne-Yo...