Wal Mart Bags at Thrift Stores

Comments

• How could I have slept on this here gem!!!

Latte passe but I will jump.

I know some people want to pay more. To each their own.

I shop at Wal-Mart and get the sales so I can buy more records.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Tonight on 60 Minutes they had a piece about robots taking jobs from humans. They showed a warehouse that has robots and the owner said he would have to hire 1 1/2 humans to take the place of one robot. He replaced 50 humans with robots.

What are y'all gonna say when Wal-Mart decides that the unskilled human positions they currently pay $11.75 an hour for can be replaced by robots that they don't have to pay or supply with medical insurance. That day is coming, bet on it.

• "where are the homekist oatmeal cookies and how much are they?"

I know it's the ultimate sin, but they are my guilty pleasure and I can't seem to find anything else like them at other grocery stores. They used to be in an orange package now it is green. For the price and the number of calories they are my go-to cookie.

It is like the hamster running on the wheel in the hamster cage. If too many jobs get eliminated then their wont be enough customers and prices will be lowered or items will just be discontinued. In other words, taxes are gonna go up, then after awhile, they will go down and we will all party.

• GatorToof said:
    "where are the homekist oatmeal cookies and how much are they?"

I know it's the ultimate sin, but they are my guilty pleasure and I can't seem to find anything else like them at other grocery stores. They used to be in an orange package now it is green. For the price and the number of calories they are my go-to cookie.

It is like the hamster running on the wheel in the hamster cage. If too many jobs get eliminated then their wont be enough customers and prices will be lowered or items will just be discontinued. In other words, taxes are gonna go up, then after awhile, they will go down and we will all party.

GatorToof said:
    How could I have slept on this here gem!!!

Latte passe but I will jump.

I know some people want to pay more. To each their own.

thank god you're here. this thread NEEDS you.

• SINK OR SWIM, KNUCKLEHEADS

• vintageinfants said:

thank god you're here. this thread NEEDS you.

That's very considerate of you VI, but don't be ridiculous. This thread is fine independent of me.

Thank you, and you can PM me anytime, however; I don't check my PM's very frequently.

• CinisterCee said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    I first noticed this at Salvation Army.

"If you support gay rights, please do not donate"... those guys?
    Suggest they wear those plastic Wal-Mart bags on their heads.

:oh_my:

I had no idea Salvation Army took such an open stance (:pasue:) against gay rights.
    Where do they state this? On their website?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    They are a Christian organization after all.

Position Statements - Canada**

What We Believe

edit - Canada and Bermuda...apparently two places that are similar in their moral and ethics, who knew!

• We do not believe that same sex attractrion is blameworthy and we oppose the vilification and mistreatment of gays and lesbians
    sounds a lot more nuanced than "If you support gay rights, please do not donate", either way??? it's interesting to read their positions on so many issues (death penalty, marriage, world peace, etc???)

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The SA has stated that they do good works, like helping the homeless, as a missionary mission.
    In other words, they do not believe that good works are what god commands.
    The believe that good works can lead to converts.

They are a religious sect that is organized like a military hierarchy.

At the end of the day, they feed, clothe and house a lot of people.

The link won't work when I try to paste it here,but a google search on Salvation Army gay donations will bring up the story referred to above. It happened in British Columbia.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ok so wait let me get this straight, it's a little confusing.

NOT okay to buy from gigantic corporation
    OKAY to buy from organization so full of homosexual hatred that they turn away donations?

did i get that correct?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:

OKAY to buy from organization so full of homosexual hatred that they turn away donations?

did i get that correct?

Yes

I'm still waiting for someone to comment whether Wal-Mart will be more or less evil when they no longer underpay and abuse 1.4 million employed Americans and replace them with robots?

PatrickCrazy said:

did i get that correct?

Are these the only two stores left in the States now?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    I'm still waiting for someone to comment whether Wal-Mart will be more or less evil when they no longer underpay and abuse 1.4 million employed Americans and replace them with robots?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    BAN ROBOTZ~~~~~~~mlfk:dfdslK

PatrickCrazy said:
    BAN ROBOTZ~~~~~~~mlfk:dfdslK

Just the beginning

• I am trying to do some rudimentary geometrical calculations now...

Also, I've replied to one person via PM. I will share this part on the response:

It is a great question and I might be better able to respond tomorrow, however; one might calculate that more robots would result in more of a decline in real estate.

Hope this helps.

Thats not funny! I know all those people.

• Rockadelic said:

of course they will be more evil with robots. They have created a dependency on both labor and consumers. They go into communities and crush other retailers of what they sell, which is damn near everything. In some communities if some people want some toilet paper, tires, bananas, baby food, a winter coat, etc. within a 30 mile radius of their home they have to go to wal-mart. No alternative, as they were run out of business. So now they have a captive audience..people depend on wal-mart for their stuff. Now, they are also the only gig in town if you are a cashier, stock person, order puller, pharmacist, baker, or any type of retail worker..point is lots of jobs. So now, with the consumer dependency they have cultivated, they go with an automated workforce to increase profits and now start laying off the unneeded workforce. Of course that is more evil. I suppose that could be spun into "a shitty job is better than no job" argument, but i aint buying into that spin...shit is shit, it just gets piled higher and deeper.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    what if they paid the robots a living wage?

• vintageinfants said:

cute. but, really, what's the "other side" of the plastic bag issue?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    they could replace the entire cast of portlandia with robots and then it would actually be funny

PatrickCrazy said:
    what if they paid the robots a living wage?

The International Robot Union will make sure of it.

• Rock,
    PM sent.

Gator
    PM Ignored

• Okay, disregard me. I guess you won't be sending thanks to my non-profit chihuahua rescue organization either.

Have a good day, sir.