bassie said:
    batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:

"Hi! Today on Triple D were gonna get a grub on w/ Barry and them!!!"

Hah! That's on Astoria Blvd, no?

I think its Brook-Lyn.

Brownsville.

^^had a Obamaburger w Michelle Shake at 4:37 am after the Quincey Dancehall House Party one subway stop away^^^^

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Napoli Pizza is more my speed.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    I talked about this to a homie of mine in the Raekwon biz and he has actually met this dude a few times. Apparently he is a complete douche and anyone who has worked with him in virtually any capacity will tell you that.

Oh well...looking back on my posts I'm kinda cringing. The way the critic went about it seemed a little nefarious. Again...why was he even reviewing it. It's like reviewing an applebee's...

• I actually kinda like Guy. He is pretty entertaining face it.

• JectWon said:
    Again...why was he even reviewing it. It's like reviewing an applebee's...

I don't know, I think it's fair game. Fieri markets himself as a genu-wine chef and that place isn't a chain restaurant. If you are going to call that much attention to yourself, you can't get mad when somebody actually checks you out.

It's more like the music critic reviewing a LMFAO record or something.

• platinum troll

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    platinum troll

after watching this, all the sudden I'm a Fieri rider. I hope he opens right in Wburg and crushes it.

"factory-farm-table" HAHAHA.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Serving duck that was force fed nacho cheese. I can't even front anymore... I truly loathe this man.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    platinum troll

...still waiting to hear a single Brooklyn accent.

• herbacios tweed said:
    platinum troll

herbacios tweed said:
    platinum troll

herbacios tweed said:
    platinum troll

phenomenal.

but a hipster taking the piss out of hipsters might be a little tough to sift through.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    herbacios tweed said:
    platinum troll

...still waiting to hear a single Brooklyn accent.

Shit is been done gone Corporate Manhattan over there. But folks from will support the illusion that's its "Keep it Real '93".

I wonder how Guy's Manhattan spot is doing.

• i literally can't get enough of listening to rural/suburban transplants discussing the gentrification of metropolitan areas.

the guy with the beard saying he would personally choke guy fieri when all i would have to do is set him on fire and i wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i literally can't get enough of listening to rural/suburban transplants discussing the gentrification of metropolitan areas.

the guy with the beard saying he would personally choke guy fieri when all i would have to do is set him on fire and i wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two

the funny thing is I know the guy with the big beard, and he was actually born and raised in Williamsburg.

the NYC accents have been slowly dying off anyway. There used to be a Manhattan accent, like the cartoony one you hear in gangster movies from the 40s, but it disappeared some decades ago. I met a lot of native New Yorkers under 40 that didn't have much of an accent. I guess for real accents, that kid could've ventured south a few blocks and asked the boricuas and dominicans what they thought, but he'd probably get a beat down. Or he could've gone even further down and asked the hasids, but he'd just get some blank stares.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i literally can't get enough of listening to rural/suburban transplants discussing the gentrification of metropolitan areas.

the funny thing is I know the guy with the big beard, and he was actually born and raised in Williamsburg.

the NYC accents have been slowly dying off anyway. There used to be a Manhattan accent, like the cartoony one you hear in gangster movies from the 40s, but it disappeared some decades ago. I met a lot of native New Yorkers under 40 that didn't have much of an accent. I guess for real accents, that kid could've ventured south a few blocks and asked the boricuas and dominicans what they thought, but he'd probably get a beat down. Or he could've gone even further down and asked the hasids, but he'd just get some blank stares.

the DR and PR dudes would really just wild out and beat someone's ass on the basis of an innocuous question re: a restaurant opening?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    vintageinfants said:

the NYC accents have been slowly dying off anyway.

Yeah, I know some folks who grew up in Williamsburg/Greenpoint and they don't have much of an accent. I'm not sure that neighborhood ever really had the New Yawk accent people from out of town associate with Brooklyn.

ppadilha said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    the DR and PR dudes would really just wild out and beat someone's ass on the basis of an innocuous question re: a restaurant opening?

well, that kid doing the interviews wouldn't get the warmest of welcomes. I was never the victim of random violence, but I know plenty of people who were - mostly at the hands of high school aged kids being stupid. And one friend was a gang initiation victim, he took a baseball bat to the face while riding his bike across the Brooklyn Bridge.

Dude stop.

• vintageinfants said:
    I guess for real accents, that kid could've ventured south a few blocks and asked the boricuas and dominicans what they thought, but he'd probably get a beat down.

I think this wouldv'e happened: He would ask the boricuas and dominicans about their opinions and they would tell him their opinions.

sorry people, that's not what I meant by those posts.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    And one friend was a gang initiation victim, he took a baseball bat to the face while riding his bike across the Brooklyn Bridge.

are you sure that was gang initiation? i pretty much want to hit every bike rider on that bridge. its full of damn near 1000+ tourists at all moments of the day taking photos and being, ya know, tourists. Yet bikers get 50% of that small ass commuter bridge. Any bike rider on that bridge (especially on weekends) kinda deserves to get beaten. MANHATTAN BRIDGE M'FERS

with that said, sorry to hear bout your homie - no one really needs to get hit in the face.

FYI, with each passing month/year the whole "hipster" williamsburg thing gets harder to swallow. That place has turned over immensely even in my 8 years here, to the point where I barely recognized shit when I am in that area. Not that I have much sympathy for any self-proclaimed hipster, but wburg is pretty much just like chelsea these days.

• im not trying to be that old guy that old head but in 1999 near the BQE around 2am my roommate and I encountered a gang beating of some unfortunate bastard. with some liquid courage I thought I could save the guy's life. after a few steps they saw us and of all people the guy getting worked over stood up ready to front on us. at that moment we realized we were intruding on a gang initiation and got the fusk out of dodge.

this has nothing to do with williamsburg bicyclists or your question though.

Withe Emeril and Batali gone......Paula Dean gone, Is the Food Network officially over?

I cant watch it anymore. I only peep DDD for the inside look at real kitchens. I dont care about food contests or overchurned Italian cuisine.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    batmon said:
    Withe Emeril and Batali gone......Paula Dean gone, Is the Food Network officially over?
    I certainly hope so. It would be nice if the Food Network stopped focusing on the exploits of chefs and started focusing on... well, food.

I'm perpetually baffled by the whole "celebrity chef" thing, although I suppose it was bound to happen, given that we can't seem to go too long without needing a fresh batch of celebrities to worship. Wonder who'll be next... I'm hoping for "celebrity accountants" or perhaps "celebrity electricians".

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Fred_Garvin said:
    batmon said:
    I certainly hope so. It would be nice if the Food Network stopped focusing on the exploits of chefs and started focusing on... well, food.

I'm perpetually baffled by the whole "celebrity chef" thing, although I suppose it was bound to happen, given that we can't seem to go too long without needing a fresh batch of celebrities to worship. Wonder who'll be next... I'm hoping for "celebrity accountants" or perhaps "celebrity electricians".

Don't hate bitch

- Guzzo
    Story Producer
    Great Food Truck Race
    New Season begins airing August

Thnaks Paece!