Guy Fieri haterz >

1235»

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    batmon said:
    Paula Dean gone, Is the Food Network officially over?

Her show was replaced with Giada. I ain't mad...

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Does she even eat?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    "giada de laurentiis" sounds like a nasty bacterial or amoeba-type infection.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Guzzo said:

- Guzzo
    Story Producer
    Great Food Truck Race
    New Season begins airing August

Thnaks Paece!

My friend Ted won last season. Seoul Sausage!

And Batmon, I don't think you can put Paula in the same category as Batali and Lagasse.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    Guzzo said:

- Guzzo
    Story Producer
    Great Food Truck Race

Thnaks Paece!

My friend Ted won last season. Seoul Sausage!

And Batmon, I don't think you can put Paula in the same category as Batali and Lagasse.

Ted is dude, the whole crew is actually

We came through Soma street food park a few weeks back.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Ted and I used to work together, then he left to focus on food full time. I could not possibly be happier for him.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Guzzo said:
    Fred_Garvin said:
    batmon said:
    Withe Emeril and Batali gone......Paula Dean gone, Is the Food Network officially over?
    I certainly hope so. It would be nice if the Food Network stopped focusing on the exploits of chefs and started focusing on... well, food.

I'm perpetually baffled by the whole "celebrity chef" thing, although I suppose it was bound to happen, given that we can't seem to go too long without needing a fresh batch of celebrities to worship. Wonder who'll be next... I'm hoping for "celebrity accountants" or perhaps "celebrity electricians".

Don't hate bitch

- Guzzo
    Story Producer
    Great Food Truck Race

Thnaks Paece!

Not hating. I didn't mean that TFN should literally disappear, I don't have a problem with its existence. I don't watch it, but then again I don't watch much of anything on TV.

I wasn't kidding about the celebrity chef thing, though... but I don't specifically blame TFN for that.

I do think the fact that we are willing to revere chefs, but give hardly a thought to farmers, says a lot about our society's food culture and the way we view food and eating in general. It would be nice to see a media entity, with the reach that TFN has, shift gears a bit and show more people like Will Allen, for example.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    As long as Flay is on they still have their king.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I watch TFN all the time, mainly because it requires very little thought or commitment. I would have guessed Dean went off the air years ago. Did she still have a show?

Flay seems like he's rarely cooking on the channel now. Just hosting/judging.

I flip back between hgtv and food network on some "what am I gonna watch" steez. They are like the popcorn snack before I pick something from the dvr.