I Would Kick Her/Him Out of Bed for Liking ______

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
From the State of the Strut thread
I love breaks and never understood how dudes could supposedly be into rap and raers but then act like they hate breaks. Makes no sense to me.

Breaks are great... it's the Timmy Dig Alot baggage that comes with it that turns serious music snobs off.

Ha! And here I am thinking, it's the music snobs that turn me off!

And then I saw this:

DATING DIARIES

Ethan and Zoe

Ethan is a 33-year-old music-industry executive who lives in Little Portugal. He describes his style as ???yuppie hipster??? and says he is ???pleasant to be around, always up for adventures or a party.??? He likes to ???eat shitty food and buy records??? in his free time. He met Zoe at a dinner party.

Zoe was cool and seemed a bit wild and crazy (in a good way) when we met, so I got her number and kept in touch with her. We were texting back and forth one Friday night, not about anything in particular. I had a show to go to, so I asked her if she wanted to meet up afterwards. I had just gotten out of a serious, long-term relationship, and I???d heard through the grapevine that she had, too.
At her suggestion, I went to her place around 1:30 in the morning, after I???d hung out with the band a bit after the show. My work keeps me out pretty late, and I???m out of town a lot, so finding an understanding girl can be a challenge. When I got there, she pulled out a bottle of cheap wine and poured us a couple of glasses. Her kitchen was filthy, full of dirty dishes, but the glasses were clean. She seemed really cute; she had a natural and relaxed look and was very pretty. We sat outside on the stoop and drank and talked until it got chilly, then went in the house and, later, to her room.
I???d say the conversation flowed pretty well. She was funny and smart, and we had a lot to say to each other, so I didn???t have to dig too much. We talked about books we liked, the records that we grew up loving, how we like to listen to music, and Toronto???s citizens??? current fascination with foodies. We also talked about where we saw ourselves in five to 10 years. She???s a bit younger than me, and I could tell she wasn???t as sure of herself and her future as I am.
She put on a Doors record. I fucking hate The Doors, and immediately lost a little respect for her. I???d lose respect for anyone who thought The Doors are a cool band to like. I excused myself to consider my options and went to the bathroom. That really made my decision to leave easy. Her bedroom was messy, but the bathroom was like a crime scene???stains on the floor, which was covered in hair of varying lengths, and an overflowing garbage can. It really looked like it had never been cleaned.
I went back to Zoe???s room to wrap things up. She took this as a sign to try to seal the deal and started trying to make out with me. I backed away, and told her I didn???t want to ruin our friendship. It was an obvious lie, but I was drunk and not very sharp, and she called me on it. I just left as quickly as possible; it was about as close to running off into the night as I could get. I haven???t heard from her since, for some reason.

Ethan rates his date (out of 10): 6

http://www.thegridto.com/timewasters/dating-diaries/ethan-and-zoe/

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Peace Frog = Boner killer

• chelsea handler

Nina Simone = Boner Killer

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    bassie said:
    From the State of the Strut thread

RAJ said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    I love breaks and never understood how dudes could supposedly be into rap and raers but then act like they hate breaks. Makes no sense to me.

Breaks are great... it's the Timmy Dig Alot baggage that comes with it that turns serious music snobs off.

Ha! And here I am thinking, it's the music snobs that turn me off!

And then I saw this:

DATING DIARIES

Ethan and Zoe

Ethan is a 33-year-old music-industry executive who lives in Little Portugal. He describes his style as ???yuppie hipster??? and says he is ???pleasant to be around, always up for adventures or a party.??? He likes to ???eat shitty food and buy records??? in his free time. He met Zoe at a dinner party.

Zoe was cool and seemed a bit wild and crazy (in a good way) when we met, so I got her number and kept in touch with her. We were texting back and forth one Friday night, not about anything in particular. I had a show to go to, so I asked her if she wanted to meet up afterwards. I had just gotten out of a serious, long-term relationship, and I???d heard through the grapevine that she had, too.
    At her suggestion, I went to her place around 1:30 in the morning, after I???d hung out with the band a bit after the show. My work keeps me out pretty late, and I???m out of town a lot, so finding an understanding girl can be a challenge. When I got there, she pulled out a bottle of cheap wine and poured us a couple of glasses. Her kitchen was filthy, full of dirty dishes, but the glasses were clean. She seemed really cute; she had a natural and relaxed look and was very pretty. We sat outside on the stoop and drank and talked until it got chilly, then went in the house and, later, to her room.
    I???d say the conversation flowed pretty well. She was funny and smart, and we had a lot to say to each other, so I didn???t have to dig too much. We talked about books we liked, the records that we grew up loving, how we like to listen to music, and Toronto???s citizens??? current fascination with foodies. We also talked about where we saw ourselves in five to 10 years. She???s a bit younger than me, and I could tell she wasn???t as sure of herself and her future as I am.
    She put on a Doors record. I fucking hate The Doors, and immediately lost a little respect for her. I???d lose respect for anyone who thought The Doors are a cool band to like. I excused myself to consider my options and went to the bathroom. That really made my decision to leave easy. Her bedroom was messy, but the bathroom was like a crime scene???stains on the floor, which was covered in hair of varying lengths, and an overflowing garbage can. It really looked like it had never been cleaned.
    I went back to Zoe???s room to wrap things up. She took this as a sign to try to seal the deal and started trying to make out with me. I backed away, and told her I didn???t want to ruin our friendship. It was an obvious lie, but I was drunk and not very sharp, and she called me on it. I just left as quickly as possible; it was about as close to running off into the night as I could get. I haven???t heard from her since, for some reason.

Ethan rates his date (out of 10): 6

http://www.thegridto.com/timewasters/dating-diaries/ethan-and-zoe/

Dude needs a drone attack asap.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    chelsea handler

Hahahaha, good call!

"Isn't Chelsea Handler funny?"
    "Oh, man, look at the time...I've got to go do the thing with the stuff...."

I would fuck to Rush Limbaugh rapping his grocery list over a beat made from howler monkeys being chopped into pieces by Yoko Ono screams, who gives a fuck?

• "Ethan And Zoe." Sounds like the name of a sitcom about yuppie hipsters premiering on NBC next week.

I went home w/ a young lady that lip-synced the entire Wham Rap song (from the debut album Fantastic) right before we got busy.
    She was like "this the ORIGINAL Wham that folks forgot about - they dont know anything about this!"

I still did the do.

• I went to her place around 1:30 in the morning, after I???d hung out with the band a bit after the show
    I've never disliked someone so quickly. *BARF*

I'd like to think I wouldn't even get to bed with some chick I would kick out for any reason; unless she like tried to shove a fist up my butt or something like that. In the case of excessive butt play, she would have to GTFOOTB.

Actually, hold up. Within the past few years, I've dated this one woman on and off who insists on salsa dancing before getting down. A couple times, it has literally made me unable to do my job. So there is that.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Actually, hold up. Within the past few years, I've dated this one woman on and off who insists on salsa dancing before getting down. A couple times, it has literally made me unable to do my job. So there is that.

Are you distracted by the sweet salsa jamz?
    Old and getting exhausted from dancing beforehand?
    So confused....
    The only true "dealbreaker" for me is disgusting house conditions and stank, malodorous air. Luckily this hasn't happened yet.
    Tunes wise, I don't think I could get with a chick that wants to play heavy metal. NOT Sabbath. Like, Slayer and Analcunt and Viking Skulls on the album cover and shit.

• post-1990 henry rollins

The_Non said:
    HarveyCanal said:

So confused....

No, I can salsa dance alright. My problem with this particular chick's steez is her particular steez. It's like we get ourselves in the moment and then right before it's time to literally get naked, she's like hold up wait...she then throws on music, gets this stupidly contrived this-is-what-I-believe-romance-is-supposed-to-look-like demeanor about her and the dancing begins...and it absolutely kills it, believe me.

Actually, she ruined the moment one time doing the same thing by making me dance with her to D'Angelo's cover of Cruisin'. I've never had this sort of mood killing thing happen with anyone else. The way she tries to go about it is just so inorganic to the reality at hand and after a few times of this bs happening between us, I'll never go back to her well again because of it.

It's a shame for her too...because one, she's very hot and pretty darned cool otherwise. And two, she told me that other dudes have had the same sort of trouble performing with her. I haven't had a chance to tell her to stop trying to pull that pre-actual-sex-act-dancing crap on dudes, but if she ever gets around to asking me, now that I've figured it out...I will most definitely tell her, for her future benefit with other guys.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    batmon said:
    lip-synced the entire Wham Rap song....

I still did the do.

I can imagine the foreplay (I will give you a Jet Black Guy With a Hip Hi-fi pass):

You: Can you dig this thing?

Her: YEAH!

You: Are you gonna get down?

Her: YEAH!

You: Say Wham!

Her: WHAM!

You: Sayyyyy Bam!

Her: Bamurgggffffmmmmmmfmfmhhh.............

Srs doe I had the 12" of Club Trop at my wedding, track slays. Acknowledge the Michael game.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    In college, I used to fool around with this chick who would put Survivor on as make out music. Instant deal breaker.

Later this song was in Paul Blart Mall Cop.. which I thought was hilarious.

• batmon said:
    Peace Frog = Boner killer

hahaha

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    The_Non said:
    HarveyCanal said:

So confused....

No, I can salsa dance alright. My problem with this particular chick's steez is her particular steez. It's like we get ourselves in the moment and then right before it's time to literally get naked, she's like hold up wait...she then throws on music, gets this stupidly contrived this-is-what-I-believe-romance-is-supposed-to-look-like demeanor about her and the dancing begins...and it absolutely kills it, believe me.

Actually, she ruined the moment one time doing the same thing by making me dance with her to D'Angelo's cover of Cruisin'. I've never had this sort of mood killing thing happen with anyone else. The way she tries to go about it is just so inorganic to the reality at hand and after a few times of this bs happening between us, I'll never go back to her well again because of it.

It's a shame for her too...because one, she's very hot and pretty darned cool otherwise. And two, she told me that other dudes have had the same sort of trouble performing with her. I haven't had a chance to tell her to stop trying to pull that pre-actual-sex-act-dancing crap on dudes, but if she ever gets around to asking me, now that I've figured it out...I will most definitely tell her, for her future benefit with other guys.

She's like the Lattimer (The Program) of sex, but instead of war paint and steroids, she requires Latin gyration to psych herself up.
    Seriously though, that SUCKS. I would've told her like the 2nd time. That sounds buttclenchingly awkward.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This thread has the potential to be an all-time classic. I know some of you are already thinking that, but I wanted to be first to say it.

I'd hang out with someone who's a conservative, but I wouldn't fuck 'em with someone else's dick.

EDIT: Oh, you mean music? I would never, ever pass on the basis of someone's musical taste. Shit, I've had entire relationships that have been built on taking the piss out of each other's taste in music.

• Dammit, McCoy got there first - this thread is an example of why teh strut should NEVER CLOSE.

;blap: :oh_my:

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    The_Non said:
    HarveyCanal said:

So confused....

In college I went home with a girl who put on "Sexual Healing" as a mood setter, which had the complete opposite effect on me. She was a wanna be actress and I think this was part of a "performance" thing for her, but all I could think is "she cannot be serious". We were 19 years old, we didn't need some middle aged quiet storm slow jamz to get in the mood. At least I didn't. Anyway, I fought thru it like a champ (or a horny kid) and got the job done that night, but I never hooked up with her again.

asstro said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    The_Non said:
    HarveyCanal said:

So confused....

In college I went home with a girl who put on "Sexual Healing" as a mood setter, which had the complete opposite effect on me. She was a wanna be actress and I think this was part of a "performance" thing for her, but all I could think is "she cannot be serious". We were 19 years old, we didn't need some middle aged quiet storm slow jamz to get in the mood. At least I didn't. Anyway, I fought thru it like a champ (or a horny kid) and got the job done that night, but I never hooked up with her again.

You sound white

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I???ll tell you about a time I am amazed someone didn???t kick me out of bed for not liking something.
    It was long ago enough now and I was young so I don???t feel bad telling it. I guess this can go in embarrassing sex tales, too.

Not sure if it???s weird that as someone who goes through most of life with music on, I am not a fan of it as a mood setter or during the do. Circumstantial, sure. But deliberate sound tracking is goofy to me. Kinda like cue music in movies.

I???ve never liked The Roots very much. I already knew he was a fan, he already knew I wasn???t. It didn???t really cut his shine in my eyes; he had plenty other good things to compensate for that unfortunate shortcoming. Out of politeness, I hadn???t really stressed to what degree I didn???t like them and I suspect he had that arrogant, ???Maybe you need to hear it again, properly, to see how good it is really is??? attitude....so, he put them on. Things got heated quickly and the music faded into the background until we were in a particularly quiet and engaged moment when it came in loud and clear as a backpack full of clanging coins meant for the campus radio vending machine. I dismounted, took the needle off, resumed position and things continued as they should.
    I am not having sex to The Roots.

• bassie said:

I'm shocked that a woman doesn't want to have sex while The Seed is playing in the background

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Illadelph!

SIRUS said:
    Illadelph!

Halfdick.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Risingson said:
    bassie said:

I'm shocked that a woman doesn't want to have sex while The Seed is playing in the background

You know how Batmon said Nina Simone is a boner killer? Cody Chestnutt is an industrial strength dehumidifier.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    batmon said:
    asstro said:

You sound white

And yet I'm actually black. Shocking! I mean, word up my brother.

• I'm sure I've shared this story here before, but back when I was a young backpacking youth, I was pursuing a certain gal that had just arrived from ATL and was making waves in our little scene. the nag champa vibes were high. Well, I was getting some slight rhythm and one day we made it back to her dorm room for a little extra. She didn't want to go the full kufi, and I respected that, so we were just in croutons on futons territory. She offered a back rub, and being a connoisseur of the finer things, I couldn't refuse. Well, she dimmed the lights, fired up another stick of blue nile, and I prepared to press my boner into her bed while she kneaded my shoulder blades. She felt like, to really set the party off right, she had to put on some tunes... the opening strains of "Respiration" by Black Star wafted out of the Aiwa. I suppressed a chuckle. But it wasn't until she whispered "escuchela ... la ciudad.... respirando" into my ear that I realized it was not to be.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    bassie said:
    Risingson said:
    bassie said:

You know how Batmon said Nina Simone is a boner killer? Cody Chestnutt is an industrial strength dehumidifier.

:oh_snap: