songs that you always have to pull the needle back...

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central
..and listen to again.

every damn time I put Hardcore Jollies on...

Comments

• Crickets? Really. So much for music threads.

Let's get a response in this thread...uh, if you vote for Romney you are fucking idiot that hates America.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I played the hell out of this when I bought it, and then tried to leave it alone for a while. As it's quite short, I always play it twice.

• Natural Four - Try love again

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• Not on da tube, but '43 labels I Like' - always have to do a rewind, selector, when driving back from Asda. Big dog style.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtd said:

....and this

• this song, every time:

b/w

hardore jollies is a favourite. i have been known to pull the needle back on this slow burner:

• LeRoy Hutson - pulled the needle back several times on this t'other night.

• Every time.

• NerdAlert said:

WORD.

Love this remix of it

• This mufugga:

• Not on the tube, however; I have been prescribing a daily dose of this to my mainframe:

Gordon MacRae and Dorothy Kirsten - Then You Will Know

• @Bennyboy That Vincent Gemignani is soooooo fucking good. Blew me out of the water. Pulled the proverbial youtube needle back like 10 times yesterday. Thanks

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Picked this up sealed and heard the Quasimoto album a while afterward. It was one of many aw damn moments. This song is great, and the rest of the album isn't too shabby.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    The build up intro is my shit....

• A while ago I was in a bud's shop (who shall remain nameles to protect his insanity) when he found a copy of Coffey's Bl Belt Jones which had been missplaced for a while. Fuck me if he didn't play that 45 over and over and over and over and over for the next 2 hours while I dug. Burnt that shit into my brain something permanent, I mean I like the track, but hell. So I was going on thinking about how nuts people can be and how we all listen to music differently and all hear something different when I remembered this tune and how it affected me the same way as Bl B J had affected my bud . When I first heard it it stayed on the deck for a week. Now, 10 yrs later, I still have to repeat it several times until I let the record play.

Cosign on Such A Lucky Fellow, love the percussion on that

• Just went through this thread and listened to everything I didn't already know...awesome stuff here, guys.

Big cosign on "Try Love Again," one of my favorite flea market 45 pickups of the year.

Duderonomy--that Brokenchord track reminds me of this (though it's not nearly as electronic-y), which I was playing constantly several years back:

But I don't think I've ever had replay fever for a song as badly as I did for this after I discovered it last year:

I would seriously listen to this 3, 4, 5 times in a row studying every element of it. Never mind that the video says "1965"--that may be when the 45 came out but this was recorded in late '63, and it's just so sophisticated for a 2 1/2 minute catchy pop song from that era. Can't praise the Mayfield/Pate/Davis combo enough...

• spirit_of_66 said:

But I don't think I've ever had replay fever for a song as badly as I did for this after I discovered it last year:

I would seriously listen to this 3, 4, 5 times in a row studying every element of it. Never mind that the video says "1965"--that may be when the 45 came out but this was recorded in late '63, and it's just so sophisticated for a 2 1/2 minute catchy pop song from that era. Can't praise the Mayfield/Pate/Davis combo enough...

whoa.

Imma gonna get one of those...nice

• dang, doesnt seem to be on 45..is that one of those ACE/Kent unearthed unissued things?

• Nah, it's totally on 45...the B-side of "I've Got a Feeling (You're Gonna Be Sorry)," Okeh 7227.

It's definitely one of Billy's rarer 45s and once it was on my want list I waited months for a copy to even appear on the 'bay.

Even then, a copy in nice condition usually goes in the $20-30 range--totally worth it. One just sold this month (in allegedly M- condition) for $15.50, which was a nice score for the winner.

• spirit_of_66 said:
    Nah, it's totally on 45...the B-side of "I've Got a Feeling (You're Gonna Be Sorry)," Okeh 7227.

It's definitely one of Billy's rarer 45s and once it was on my want list I waited months for a copy to even appear on the 'bay.

Even then, a copy in nice condition usually goes in the $20-30 range--totally worth it. One just sold this month (in allegedly M- condition) for $15.50, which was a nice score for the winner.

Ahhh...missed it in the soulfulkindamusic discography, was looking up in 1963...so recorded in 63 with the chanters but not released until 65. Will definitely keep my eyes open for that one...ridiculously nice record, thanks for sharing.

• The_Hook_Up said:
    spirit_of_66 said:
    Nah, it's totally on 45...the B-side of "I've Got a Feeling (You're Gonna Be Sorry)," Okeh 7227.

Ahhh...missed it in the soulfulkindamusic discography, was looking up in 1963...so recorded in 63 with the chanters but not released until 65. Will definitely keep my eyes open for that one...ridiculously nice record, thanks for sharing.

Also on his album, which is *very* good all the way trough. My latest re-spin favorite:

b/w

:hi: