First song you played after getting up today

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central

Dr.John - Everybody Wanna Get Rich Rite Away

Incredible how the bass is pumping on the home system. Youtube can't replicate this sufficiently. But it got me pumped up for the day. Great song.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The joint....

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Barely breaking' even - Universal Robot Band on the BBE M+M compilation from a few years ago.

• was a long night so i needed some heavier stuff to get my ass out of the bed...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Cray P.. ffwd to about 3:40 and kept rewinding. It's in G, yeah?

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts

:(

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Philip Mitchell project was the last one before bed last night. Thanks Doc for that.
    First this morning, 6.30am on the cross-trainer at the gym:
    Theme de Yoyo by the Art Ensemble on iPod.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    skel said:
    gym

You is like, a metrosex, innit? Next week man be chattin' moisture cream and ting.

Fair dooos doe St*ve, environmental moisture has put off t3h biking 4 DAYZ :whycry:

The gym is indeed a metrosexual heaven. They got the moisturiser dispenser game on lock, hair-dryers and gel in multiple and deo cans for days. All gratis, natch, this is an in-house facility that panders to investment bankers that wish to avoid comminglement of the bodily excretions with hoi polloi.

Cycling through the mean streets in this weather Jimster...,must be testing your cream regime (no ayo) to the limit.

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    I put on the numero "WTNG 89.9FM" lp which I'm enjoying very much.
    first song is: Timothy "Your Love Rolled Over Me".
    couldn't find a clip online but this is at least as awesome:

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The wonders of having the Iphone on random shuffle presented me with this as I stepped out my front door for the commute this morning.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I'm old and boring...heard about 15 seconds of a Nino Ferrer song before I hit "aux" on the car stereo and listened to an audiobook, Rachel Maddow's "Drift".

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Put the iPod on shuffle for the walk to the bus, first song up was:

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Soundtrack to my rainy morning commute courtesy of the P

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

Bumped the movie to the top of my Netflix queue on the strength of the soundtrack alone. Also posted on YT, there's a well-made cover of the intro which uses video clips from the film.

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    Threw on Steely Dan's The Royal Scam this morning, so the first song I heard this morning was "Kid Charlemagne"

• this from milton nascimento...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I threw on All Eyez On Me as I buttoned up my cardigan after that Quik thread got me revisitin'.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

My alarm plays this so it's been the first song I hear every morning for the last 10 months.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    Co Flow - Lune TNS

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    EpMD-You're A Customer

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Aqua - Barbie Girl

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    New sunny day. Very old tape (1996) in the car started here when I was driving my son to the day nursery.

He was grooving in his baby seat.

Today it was JT Taylor, "Feel The Need" album version, whilst walking over London Bridge, sun streaming through Tower Bridge, a beautiful moment.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• covecove 1,566 Posts

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    everything off this one, twice

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts