whatsup with the defense authorization act??

12346»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    sabadabada said:

If George Bush had done this, you would all be in the streets with your giant paper mache heads and upsidedown flags.

Occupy is a far larger protest movement than anything we saw under Bush.

The only different now is that under Bush you would have complained that criticizing the president was unpatriotic, that criticizing the troops was unpatriotic, that criticizing foreign policy was unpatriotic.

The only thing that has changed is you.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Hurray for the red white and blue!
    We are better than Syria!

No dude.....the point was what does police in London classifying protestors as terrorists have to do with the Defense Authorization Act in the U.S.

About as much as shooting protestors in Syria does.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:

No dude.....the point was what does police in London classifying protestors as terrorists have to do with the Defense Authorization Act in the U.S.

No, the point is how easy it is to proclaim someone a terrorist. This is exactly the point I've been trying to make. London just exemplified it for me. You don't get how this is relative to the conversation?

day said:
    Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:

No, the point is how easy it is to proclaim someone a terrorist. This is exactly the point I've been trying to make. London just exemplified it for me. You don't get how this is relative to the conversation?

Sure...just as relative as Syrian Police calling them terrorists and killing them on the spot.

The sky is falling everywhere, not just here apparently.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    day said:
    Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:

Sure...just as relative as Syrian Police calling them terrorists and killing them on the spot.

Jesus Christ. I give up man.

• LaserWolf said:

Occupy is a far larger protest movement than anything we saw under Bush.

I DONT TINK SO.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Brian said:
    Yeah dawgz, I too believe that someone advocating for greater freedom for all Americans....

This is only true if you think that women can't be Americans.
    word, someone who thinks the federal government shouldn't have any say in abortion laws even though dude is pro-life definitely thinks women shouldn't be free

day said:
    Rockadelic said:
    day said:
    Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:

Jesus Christ. I give up man.

You mean you won't continue to come here and post links that show how America is doomed to living in a police state and use examples of what's happening in other countries as proof......cool......I won't either.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    BTW:
    I have written Obama (phone, email, snail mail) and asked him to veto NDAA.

Anyone else who doesn't want to see indefinite detention of US citizens please do the same.

The White House, Washington

December 14, 2011

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing. I have heard from many Americans concerned about our Nation's security, and I appreciate your perspective. As Commander in Chief, I have no greater responsibility than keeping the American people safe.

My Administration is working every day to defeat al-Qa'ida and its extremist affiliates in Afghanistan and beyond. Shortly after taking office, I directed the Central Intelligence Agency to make the capture or killing of Osama bin Laden, al-Qa'ida's leader, a top priority. On May 1, 2011, we achieved this mission, bringing to justice a terrorist responsible for the murder of thousands of men, women, and children in the United States and around the world. Bin Laden's death does not mark the end of our efforts against al-Qa'ida, and we will remain vigilant at home and abroad as we continue working to disrupt and dismantle this terrorist network.

At home and abroad, our men and women in uniform are making extraordinary sacrifices to protect us all. As I promised, our combat mission in Iraq ended on August 31, 2010, and we are on track to have all our troops out of Iraq by the end of this year. We are building a strong partnership with the Iraqi people in support of Iraq's development and peace and security in the region. Meanwhile, we are focusing on the threat of al-Qa'ida and its extremist affiliates in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The September 11 attacks were planned in this region, and terrorists there continue to plot against the United States. That is why I increased the number of American troops fighting in Afghanistan, and we are continuing to work with our partners in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and around the world to dismantle and defeat al-Qa'ida.

Our key national security agencies are working together to protect American lives, but we must address vulnerabilities in the system. We have taken steps to ensure our aviation screening, technology, and procedures are working more effectively. To improve our intelligence system, I directed the intelligence community to follow up on all leads on high-priority threats and to distribute reports more widely so the intelligence we have is acted upon. To strengthen our security, we are also coordinating with international partners to develop and deploy advanced screening and detection technologies, and to disrupt terrorist plots.

Thank you, again, for contacting me. For more information on these efforts, I encourage you to visit: www.WhiteHouse.gov/Issues/Homeland-Security.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    whoa i got the same letter too bro!

• Dear Friend,

Sincerely,

Barack Obama