Curb series 8, speak on it

BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
damb squib or laugh a minute? my friends seem to be divided on the topic

episode 2 and episode 3 were corkers in my opinion.

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    The more we get to see Funkhouser, the better IMO. Hes hilarious on that show. And Leon too.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Yeah, Funkhauser is killing it. Glad to see more of him. I am liking this season a lot so far...

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    never been mad at a single season, this is no exception

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I think the 3rd eppy was the strongest so far...

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    That last episode was brilliant.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    cove said:
    I think the 3rd eppy was the strongest so far...

me too i laughed quite hard
    leon is a one tirck p??ny imo

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Third episode was awesome. The sex scene was fooking hilarious.

And it can only get better, with Larry going to NYC and Ricky Gervais guest starring at least one episode.

• dopeshitdopeshit 134 Posts
    Dante said:
    Third episode was awesome. The sex scene was fooking hilarious.

And it can only get better, with Larry going to NYC and Ricky Gervais guest starring at least one episode.

"i'm gonna fuck the jew out of you"

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Yeah, Funkhauser is killing it. Glad to see more of him. I am liking this season a lot so far...

I will never get tired of Marty "If I wasn't your best friend I'd tear your arms off right now" Funkhauser.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    edith head said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

I will never get tired of Marty "If I wasn't your best friend I'd tear your arms off right now" Funkhauser.

just his simple shalom had me in stiches
    let's not forget his other great work

pcmr said:

"If Rabin can break bread with Arafat, I can eat chicken in this anti-semitic shithole."

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Pundit said:
    never been mad at a single season, this is no exception

Exactly. I look forward to it. #Cringeworthyhumor

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    fuck me you jew bastard. fuck me like Israel fucked my people

semi-related,,,how many of y'all are enjoying the shit outta the HBO GO? Lovin' it....get to watch any episode, of anything whenever and wherever...genius. Hard to explain what you are laughing at to the unfamilair though...."You see, this guy wanted to wear his yarmulke to a chicken restaurant and his friend wouldn't let him"

Huh?

Nevermind.

thrope said:
    fuck me you jew bastard. fuck me like Israel fucked my people

his expression after he hears that is priceless!!!

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    I thought the first two were okay, although PFT was great as a weirdo lawyer. "Let's just call it a happy accident."

I got a kick out of Larry Miller in Ep 3, also my favorite so far.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    One of my favorite shows and this season hasn't disappointed.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Jeez, I must have been in a coma.
    Thanks for reminding me that there is a new season of one of the best shows ever.

edith head said:
    pcmr said:

"If Rabin can break bread with Arafat, I can eat chicken in this anti-semitic shithole."

This.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    "LOL Larry, LOL".

Don't know the exchange verbatim, but when Richard Lewis was defending his gf's job as a burlesque dancer saying burlesque is the root of comedy by stating people like Keaton got their start in it and Funkhauser quips, "yeah,I heard Chaplin was a hell of a pole dancer."

Killed me.

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    "LOL Larry, LOL".

"LOL...Why do you say that?"
    "It's cute isn't it?"
    "No, no it isn't."

HAHA

• Your Dog days are over! How do the doctors sound when they talk to you ?

hahaha LD The Last Sarc-murai

I had an appt with a new dentist yesterday and he reminded me of LD (balding gray hair, from ny, jewish) kind of abrasive and inappropriate in a funny way (first thing he asked me when he saw my last name was "were your parents boat people?"). there was also a random photograph of him riding a whale shark in the office that was distracting.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Got most of the seasons on dvd & recommend it to other people... (not surprising) it's a love/hate thing for this kind of humor as it seems. Looking forward to no. 8!

b/w

i celebrate the entire catalog

• This season is killing it. The episode with the arab chicken place is one of the best ever.
    And Funkhauser..."Wait, I have a challah in the car..."

• "mr. parkinson would be appalled if he knew how michael j. fox was behaving" -LD

last night's season finale was one of the funniest episodes ever. it was also great to see michael j. fox

• I liked all the cameos this season. Lenore from Hung. The Mad Men comedian. The wiccan waitress from True Blood who looks like the crypt keeper. And of course Super Dave Funkhouser is the best regular character; too bad he wasn't in the last few eps.

• I dig this season, a much needed pick up from the last season. Does anyone else find that Curb has taken a similar trajectory as Seinfeld? Earlier seasons being sharper and tighter, later seasons being more far fetched, goofy and tend to paraody earlier episodes?

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    oh wow the season is over already? that didnt last long