2011 Soulstrut Fantasy Football

Comments

• cookbook said:
    sounds good

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    barjesus said:
    cookbook said:
    sounds good

You need to step back in the Words with Friends arena, dawg. I need another chance to take down the king.

• DB_Cooper said:
    barjesus said:
    cookbook said:
    sounds good

You need to step back in the Words with Friends arena, dawg. I need another chance to take down the king.
    Rematch started.

B/W

I'm hardly the king, I've been getting pieced up by a few strutters recently. Start games with HugeScorpio, CountMacula, ChickenPickle and Billb23, if you want some more challenges.

barjesus said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    barjesus said:
    cookbook said:
    sounds good

Rematch started.

B/W

I'm hardly the king, I've been getting pieced up by a few strutters recently. Start games with HugeScorpio, CountMacula, ChickenPickle and Billb23, if you want some more challenges.

Actually, CountMacula is eating my lunch as we speak in a game that's pretty well decided at this point. I'm only consoled by the fact that I'm up well over a hunderd points on another friend right now.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    RAJ said:

I think we should do the 25 cash / Popsike 50.

With the break down:

1st place: 10 records / cash
    2nd place: 2 records / cash
    3rd place: one record / cash

Everyone else.. loses out.

Cool. There'd be a 14th record too, though, right? Or do you mean the winner gets 10 records / cash plus their original record/cash back?

If we had everything in a pool safely put aside, the above breakdown would work. Seeing that we'll probably assign addresses to the losers to ship out the booty, I guess... the winners keep their raer / cash and the split is 9 / 1 / 0 or maybe 8 / 2 / 1?

• RAJ said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    RAJ said:

I think we should do the 25 cash / Popsike 50.

With the break down:

1st place: 10 records / cash
    2nd place: 2 records / cash
    3rd place: one record / cash

Everyone else.. loses out.

Cool. There'd be a 14th record too, though, right? Or do you mean the winner gets 10 records / cash plus their original record/cash back?

If we had everything in a pool safely put aside, the above breakdown would work. Seeing that we'll probably assign addresses to the losers to ship out the booty, I guess... the winners keep their raer / cash and the split is 9 / 1 / 0 or maybe 8 / 2 / 1?

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    hate to say it but....

i am def down for this...i think we need to do it right... starting next year b/c some people currently in the league might not want in... somebody put together a proper formula....and everyone in the league next year will be fully aware...
    also...
    the winners, do we submit a type of music we would prefer, or just get surprised...
    i would hate to see a prize listed on ebay soon after....

anywaywedoitimreadytogetsomenewvinyls....

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Prize structure sounds good and fair to me. See you boys in a few hours!

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    so the 2nd/3rd place winners get records/cash and also give up records/cash?

mateo said:
    so the 2nd/3rd place winners get records/cash and also give up records/cash?

The idea is the losers send the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cash and records with the split being 8, 2, 1. Top 3 get prizes and don't have to pint up anything.

• Cool with the breakdown...Let's do this!

• bass_fever said:
    Let's do this!

• Going straight to the middle with this bunch I put together!!!

The Shove Boat is going for the title this year!

It's going to be interesting to see how my draft strategy works out. Definitely deprioritized QB this year in favor of WR depth, but who knows???wide receivers are some of the riskiest FF bets. This could go well, or go to hell on me.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    It's going to be interesting to see how my draft strategy works out. Definitely deprioritized QB this year in favor of WR depth, but who knows???wide receivers are some of the riskiest FF bets. This could go well, or go to hell on me.

I did basically the opposite and waited til later rounds to take WR's....definitely could backfire.....I've never seen a run on Tight Ends as early as we had last night!

Rockadelic said:
    DB_Cooper said:

I did basically the opposite and waited til later rounds to take WR's....definitely could backfire.....I've never seen a run on Tight Ends as early as we had last night!

Yeah, that was bizarre. Maybe the VORP on some TEs is high enough to warrant it?

• congrats to Sour Cream Sanchez for taking the Best Draft of the 2011 Season award... brought to you by Toyota, moving forward.

• Should be a no sweat off my balls defending the crown this year. You jo-jos call that draftin? Pffffffft.

My strategy is either going to work spectacularly or I'll be in last place. If Vick can somehow stay healthy for most of the year and some of the young players I took like Ford or Manningham can breakout like they should I like my chances.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Anybody pick Peyton? I think he's donezo. Vinateiri won't get the PATs he normally would.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/indy-radio-host-says-peyton-needs-another-neck-procedure/related -----

There was no way I was taking Peyton this year, I talked to a writer who was at the Colts camp and he said that Manning basically can't rotate his head at all. If you are to his side he has to turn his entire body to see you. He was never a favorite of mine but it'd be a shame if he had to end his career this way.

• Bon Vivant said:
    Anybody pick Peyton? I think he's donezo. Vinateiri won't get the PATs he normally would.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/04/indy-radio-host-says-peyton-needs-another-neck-procedure/related -----

officially not playing week 1, rumors soaring hes out for the season... who's picking up kerry?

cookbook said:
    Bon Vivant said:

officially not playing week 1, rumors soaring hes out for the season... who's picking up kerry?

Me... Thanks! I drafted QB's late... so holding on to a few until one pans out

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    RAJ said:
    cookbook said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Me... Thanks! I drafted QB's late... so holding on to a few until one pans out

I just found out I picked Garrard. He gone!

Glad I picked Brees. Upsetters looking to upset this week!

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    is it too early to call it a year ? ?

mateo said:
    is it too early to call it a year ? ?

Yes.

This is one wacky ass kick off week for the NFL.

• Weird, I just realized I have a bunch of the same players as I had two years ago (Tony Romo, Cedric Benson, LeSean McCoy). Hope they are a lucky squad again!

I just dropped 118 with a 34 point QB and a 29 point RB on the bench.

I'm looking at you, Gene.

• DB_Cooper said:
    Gene.

Non-believers you can check my stats

We know bout 30 point QBs on our bench.