2011 Soulstrut Fantasy Football

Comments

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    What's the draft order?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Just a reminder that the draft is Thursday night at 9:30 EST.

Auto pick is for LOSERS!

jjfad027 said:
    What's the draft order?

It's determined 30 minutes prior to the draft.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    So, what's the deal with creating a winner's pool? I'm so down. Thoughts?

25$ each? 50$ each? or are you talmbout rackords?

jjfad027 said:

We originally kicked around the idea of records, but I think that might open up a whole other can of worms about pricing, relative value, musical taste, etc. I'm open to either cash or rackords if dudes are down though.

DB_Cooper said:
    jjfad027 said:

We originally kicked around the idea of records, but I think that might open up a whole other can of worms about pricing, relative value, musical taste, etc. I'm open to either cash or rackords if dudes are down though.

I thought raers would be a great idea. But yes, value and condition could be a problem. If it's a record that isn't your cup but popsikes for $50, you can easily trade it or sell it.

Thoughts?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Thoughts?

We should put up a $50-$100 raer with the understanding that a G- copy of Thriller won't suffice..

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    RAJ said:
    Thoughts?

We should put up a $50-$100 raer with the understanding that a G- copy of Thriller won't suffice..

OTW will work though, right?!?!?! it's mint, i haven't played it in years!

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    RAJ said:
    Thoughts?

Can we limit it to $50? I don't really have any $100 records that I would want to part with. You guys are 's, me :poor:

Rockadelic said:
    RAJ said:
    Thoughts?

So the winner would get a package of at least 13 $50-$100 raers? That sounds awesome. LET'S DO THIS.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:
    RAJ said:
    Thoughts?

So the winner would get a package of at least 13 $50-$100 raers? That sounds awesome. LET'S DO THIS.

That does sound magical.

DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:
    RAJ said:
    Thoughts?

There should be a few rears distributed to runner-ups, no?

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    RAJ said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:
    RAJ said:
    Thoughts?

There should be a few rears distributed to runner-ups, no?

i think so, would 4 individuals be up for winnings? assuming 3 and 4 are of equal value... 1=8 raers, 2=4 raers, 3=1, 4=1

and i am with barjesus on the 50$ mark. :balla:

Maybe we should test this sending raers to the winner thing with the SS Fantasy Baseball League.

Sincerely,

The Al Kaline Trio

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Watch for Rock drafting Dez Bryant waaaaay too early.

HarveyCanal said:
    Watch for Rock drafting Mark Ingram waaaaay too early.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Not sure I own too many raers worth $50 anymore, I had to liquidate a lot of that stuff for mortgage money a couple of years ago. Can we limit to $25, or come up with an alternate form of payment for the poor/little dudes among us?

asstro said:
    Not sure I own too many raers worth $50 anymore, I had to liquidate a lot of that stuff for mortgage money a couple of years ago. Can we limit to $25, or come up with an alternate form of payment for the poor/little dudes among us?

Multiple records worth $50 would work.

Or maybe a Sayer with a $50 bill in it?

:weird:

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Maybe we should test this sending raers to the winner thing with the SS Fantasy Baseball League.

Sincerely,

steve sax

BETTY WRIGHT TIME BATCHES!

We should settle the buy-in question before we draft though, no?

I'll probably have to do the Sayer with a 50 in it. I don't have any in the $50 range that I really want to part with.

jjfad027 said:
    I'll probably have to do the Sayer with a 50 in it. I don't have any in the $50 range that I really want to part with.

I hear you. I was thinking of either going to Jonny's shop and picking up a $50 joint especially to give to the FF pool, or getting a copy of Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up and taping a $50 to it. Talmbout rickrollin dudes in real life.

• 930 EST, white michael vick

DB_Cooper said:
    jjfad027 said:

I hear you. I was thinking of either going to Jonny's shop and picking up a $50 joint especially to give to the FF pool, or getting a copy of Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up and taping a $50 to it. Talmbout rickrollin dudes in real life.

My vote goes for either..

$25.00 cash or a record that's on Popsike for $50

OR

$50.00 cash or a record that has sold on Popsike for $100

OR

Nothing and we just do it for fun.....

I'm down for anything although the prospect of getting a surprise box of nice records sounds cool.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    How bout black Peyton Manning?

The draft is:

Rockadelic said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    jjfad027 said:

My vote goes for either..

$25.00 cash or a record that's on Popsike for $50

OR

$50.00 cash or a record that has sold on Popsike for $100

OR

Nothing and we just do it for fun.....

I'm down for anything although the prospect of getting a surprise box of nice records sounds cool.

I think we should do the 25 cash / Popsike 50.

With the break down:

1st place: 10 records / cash
    2nd place: 2 records / cash
    3rd place: one record / cash

Everyone else.. loses out.

• sounds good

RAJ said:

I think we should do the 25 cash / Popsike 50.

With the break down:

1st place: 10 records / cash
    2nd place: 2 records / cash
    3rd place: one record / cash

Everyone else.. loses out.

Cool. There'd be a 14th record too, though, right? Or do you mean the winner gets 10 records / cash plus their original record/cash back?