Food Trucks Yay or Nay (Food related)

12346»

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    In Cleveland they have Walnut Wednesdays "Downtown Chowdown" in which there are about 8-10 food trucks etc lined on a downtown street http://www.downtownclevelandalliance.com/events/walnut-wednesdays.aspx I stopped through last week hit ab out three of them wasn't really impressed will try it again...maybe

http://www.downtownclevelandalliance.com/events/walnut-wednesdays.aspx
    http://umamimototruck.com/

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• Not to get this whole argument started up again, but I was thinking, is the main issue the fact that these new mealers-on-wheelers are in trucks? I mean, would it be as hypocritical to the (less trendy) food truck OGs if the new wave worked out of a mini-van or a camper?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont think the vehicle factors that much into it.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Beer served from a hose connected to a fire truck would be awesome though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Beer served from a hose connected to a fire truck would be awesome though.

Yeah, I forgot to mention hot fireladies...lol. I swear, Hooter's stays genius, and not just at getting millions to cite mediocre chicken wings as amazing.

• I trip on this one Best Western I drive by sometimes. Their Hotel restaurant IS Hooters! If I was a kid and my family was staying at that hotel, and we wanted to eat dinner at the hotel restaurant, we would all eat at HOOTERS! AWKWARD!!!

Only time I've ever been to a Hooter's, I ran into a kid from our afterschool program eating with his family.

• What kind of family takes their kids to HOOTERS for dinner?!

• TheKindCromang said:
    What kind of family takes their kids to HOOTERS for dinner?!

the kind with a horny dad (or mom, no judgies)

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    What kind of family takes their kids to HOOTERS for dinner?!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    johmbolaya said:
    For lunch today, in a town with over 60+ taco trucks, I had one of the best tacos I've had locally, from a place called Tacos La Esperanza.

I not only had my first tripe taco, but it was also the first time I had tripe. My uncle loves the stuff, there are enough tripe stew fanatics in Hawai'i but my tastes growing up, despite the diversity I was raised around, was very vanilla. I stayed away, but it got to a point where I thought "if someone eats it, mmmmaybe I am willing to try it one day."

I went there at 12:30pm, so a lot of people were still in their Sunday best, a group of guys in the parking lot were still in suits, and while waiting near the seating tent, I noticed that Los Tigres Del Norte are going to play here in mid-August.

I had a taco and a beef burrito, but I could've had a tripe burrito if I asked. Anyway, this is good stuff.

Tripe can be amazing. My go-to Mexican place around the corner makes a delicious tripe soup that can cure any hangover. They had tripe tacos once as a special and the tripe was cut in fine strips marinated and pan fried. Very crispy and simply delicious. I can understand people staying away from intestines like liver or especially kidneys (I don't even eat those, I had to clean them and prepare them when I was working as a chef and they stink like pee, disgusting!) but to not eat tripe is a mistake. It's an even bigger mistake to not eat tongue, the most tender and most juicy muscle a cow has to offer... tongue tacos with green tomatillo sauce and radishes... sooo good! Veal head tacos can also be a heavenly thing.

I mentioned it earlier in this thread but the food trucks at the Red Hook Ballfields are absolutely incredible. Go before or right at noon to avoid a long wait at the main Mexican truck. There are other trucks, most notably two El Salvadorian ones with amazing Pupusas but the Mexican truck right at the traffic light is where it's at. The best Chorizo Quesadilla... the Chorizo is home made and fresh and their tortillas are toasted on the grill to a slightly crisp perfection. Absolutely incredible spinach and cesina chalupas. One order chalupas is 3 pieces so I usually get 1 cesina and 2 spinach, cesina needs to be eaten while it's still very hot. Hmmm... I walked down there last Saturday and Sunday and I think I'll go again this Sunday. There's also a fruit cart that has fresh cantaloupe drinks. I usually bring a flask of tequila and it's on.