OVER RATED RECORDS!!!

124»

Comments

• leonleon 883 Posts
    neil_something said:
    vinegar said:
    To make my point clear, i'm not hating on the 3 Placebo Lps, some compositions are really great but i don't like the sound.
    I also remember the video with the guy saying that Placebo is not any better than Weather Report, but I find this really strange; I've had a few WR albums in the past, but never enjoyed any single one of them and sold them all. I did buy the Placebo compilation although I hardly buy reissues.
    I'm with you on the WR dislike. Placebo is one of those bands that make their complex arrangements sound so fluent and natural. As opposed to a lot of fusion bands that sound like they are showing off their technical skills.

B/W
    You're from Belgium! How come you don't have the OG lp's??? ;-)

• Dolo76Dolo76 64 Posts
    Bought this for a few bucks in 98, looking for horns for beats, wasnt impressed with it. Saw in it a local store last year, on the wall for just shy of a 100, and I was shocked.
    Attached files

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

I don't want to hear about how "precious" this one is ever again.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Blast Kid said:
    I've had a few WR albums in the past, but never enjoyed any single one of them and sold them all.
    was Black Market one of them ?

Dolo76 said:
    Bought this for a few bucks in 98, looking for horns for beats, wasnt impressed with it. Saw in it a local store last year, on the wall for just shy of a 100, and I was shocked.
    :talib:
    one of the certified Strata-East turds

• Anyone know why Eddie Cornelius' 'my hands are tied' is so expensive? I'm guessing it's overrated. I only know the track 'release yourself', and I like it, being a 70's disco-funk-soul head but I'm really wondering if the record has more in store. To compare, Spunk's 'tighten it up' for example is all killer no filler in my book, and you can get that record for 60 to 70 euro on discogs, ebay.... So, anyone know if Eddie Cornelius' LP is worth it's 80 to 90 euro?

• Sometimes when this topic comes up, it can read like my favorite albums list..

Power Of Zeus - check
    Honeysuckle Breeze - check
    Ball Of Eyes - check
    McCallum - check

Haha, that's ok though.

BTW you guys that aren't impressed by the Troyka album, Id be happy to trade you for it. I've been looking for that thing for 8 years now.