Donald Trump for President!

Comments

• Options
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Did you notice that Ron Paul was not mentioned even once in either article??

No one seems to think he's running this time.

Except he probably is:

http://www.slate.com/BLOGS/blogs/weigel/archive/2011/04/25/ron-paul-will-announced-presidential-exploratory-committee-tomorrow.aspx

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    If I were the President I would sign the release,

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I bet the White House is pretty dissapointed that the only fish they caught with this bait was Trump. It's pretty clear they left this open hoping a serious contender would bite, but when one in four independents thinks you aren't born in the country and the only prospect is sinking the hook further into Trump's mouth I guess it's time to reel it in.

The ease with which they obtained the documents demonstrates the extent to which the media, which has been feeding us a steady stream of excuses as to why Obama could not obtain the document, runs interference for this administration.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    I bet the White House is pretty dissapointed that the only fish they caught with this bait was Trump. It's pretty clear they left this open hoping a serious contender would bite, but when one in four independents thinks you aren't born in the country and the only prospect is sinking the hook further into Trump's mouth I guess it's time to reel it in.

The ease with which they obtained the documents demonstrates the extent to which the media, which has been feeding us a steady stream of excuses as to why Obama could not obtain the document, runs interference for this administration.

"In a New York Times/CBS poll released on Thursday, a 45% plurality of Republican adults said they believe Obama was not born in the U.S. Additionally, 33% said Obama was born in America, while 22% said they weren't sure".

This was Thursday, April 21, 2011.

So basically before today, 67% of Republicans either thought Obama was not born in America or weren't sure. You've got to be kidding me about reeling in the bait...have you seen the evidence prior to today? A certificate of live birth from the state of Hawaii (which is what they issue to everyone who makes a request that is not in the form of a freedom of information request), newspaper birth announcements that came directly from the state department of health, and a former republican official stating that she saw the actual birth certificate.

A majority of republicans are ignorant, period. Don't make this out to be something it isn't. Obama tried to give credit to people's intelligence for as long as he could; it became too much of a distraction, so he silenced everyone - but probably not.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I am now satisfied.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    from the tweeter:

RepWeiner Anthony Weiner
    Developing: Trump now demands proof :Hawaii is part of USA. #AnyoneCanFakeAMap

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    Obama tried to give credit to people's intelligence

that was a mistake

republicans are either ignorant or cynical, I'll give saba the benefit of the doubt & assume he's the latter

• He never should have indulged this bullshit and dignified it with a response. Racist birther bullshit.

keithvanhorn said:
    sabadabada said:

"In a New York Times/CBS poll released on Thursday, a 45% plurality of Republican adults said they believe Obama was not born in the U.S. Additionally, 33% said Obama was born in America, while 22% said they weren't sure".

This was Thursday, April 21, 2011.

So basically before today, 67% of Republicans either thought Obama was not born in America or weren't sure. You've got to be kidding me about reeling in the bait...have you seen the evidence prior to today? A certificate of live birth from the state of Hawaii (which is what they issue to everyone who makes a request that is not in the form of a freedom of information request), newspaper birth announcements that came directly from the state department of health, and a former republican official stating that she saw the actual birth certificate.

A majority of republicans are ignorant, period. Don't make this out to be something it isn't. Obama tried to give credit to people's intelligence for as long as he could; it became too much of a distraction, so he silenced everyone - but probably not.

I think it was the 25% of the independents that were the tipping point. But ,of course, all you Democrats were too blinded by manlove smart to be fooled. Again, explain to me how the ease of retrieving the document after years of speculation comports with your Obama trying his darndest to give the American people the shaft credit theory and not my cost benefit theory.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    In a way, Trump accomplished what nobody else could.

Reynaldo said:
    In a way, Trump accomplished what nobody else could.

He was able to sink even lower than a reality t.v. show.

• Options
    gareth said:
    He never should have indulged this bullshit and dignified it with a response. Racist birther bullshit.

Exactly. The ignorant assholes have already started in with talk about the "problems" with the certificate.

The Republican Party has crawled up its own ass and it likes the atmosphere, the scenery, and the cuisine there.

Don't let it distract you from what Ben Bernake is going to say today.

• Options
    sabadabada said:

Enjoy your lunch.

Turds of a feather:

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    gareth said:
    He never should have indulged this bullshit and dignified it with a response.

Agreed. What a stupid thing to do. Additionally, he looks like he's sweating the small stuff when he's got so much more to worry about. No person of any mental capacity actually doubted Obama's veracity on his birthplace, and it was the ultimate "my-opponents-are-batshit-crazy" foil. Now, it looks like Donald Fucking Trump can push our President around. And, true to form, Trump today quickly parlayed this into a "well, that's great, but how about those terrible gas prices?" discussion. And you know what? Donald Trump is right. Frankly, the latter has never looked more Presidential. I have so little respect left to lose for our actual President.

Additionally, the 30% of Americans fool enough to believe this will still not be persuaded. Plus: why now, if not meant as some sort of distraction? It's like this was his last trump card (pun not intended). A shit-show all around.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    sabadabada said:

Also true. Palin, Trump, and Saba are 100% right on this issue.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    sabadabada said:

Enjoy your lunch.

Turds of a feather:

:game_over:

keithvanhorn said:

:game_over:

This may be the most accurate thing you have ever posted.

• Luck, I know you're down on Obama, but saying the Trump is , "right" about gas prices? Looks more Presidential?

I mean, I agree that Obama looks like he's letting the tail wag the dog. But, seriously- 'gas prices' is the ultimate red herring "presidential" issue. And, frankly, Trump has just looked sort of hysterical... I mean, I guess I'm just saying have SOME perspective.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Obama let me down by not closing GTMO so I'm voting Trump / Palin 2012

• Options
    gareth said:
    Luck, I know you're down on Obama, but saying the Trump is , "right" about gas prices? Looks more Presidential?

I mean, I agree that Obama looks like he's letting the tail wag the dog. But, seriously- 'gas prices' is the ultimate red herring "presidential" issue. And, frankly, Trump has just looked sort of hysterical... I mean, I guess I'm just saying have SOME perspective.

Today Trump said Obama "should get off his basketball court."

So let's review what luck's new hero Trump is "right" about. Obama is probably a foreigner who was too stupid to get into Columbia or Harvard Law legitimately and he's just a lazy darkie who spends too much time shooting hoops. Probably with his bros.

Got it.

What's next from Trump? Watermelon talk? Saying he wants to know if "Barry" ever drove a Cadillac? Calling Michelle Obama the First Baby Mama?

I can't wait to see what he's "right" about next.

BobDesperado said:
    gareth said:
    Luck, I know you're down on Obama, but saying the Trump is , "right" about gas prices? Looks more Presidential?

So let's review what luck's new hero Trump is "right" about. Obama is probably a foreigner who was too stupid to get into Columbia or Harvard Law legitimately and he's just a lazy darkie who spends too much time shooting hoops. Probably with his bros.

Got it.

What's next from Trump? Watermelon talk? Saying he wants to know if "Barry" ever drove a Cadillac? Calling Michelle Obama the First Baby Mama?

At least if he had said "should get off the Golf Course" it would have been hard to dispute.

• Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    gareth said:

Got it.

At least if he had said "should get off the Golf Course" it would have been hard to dispute.

The fucking hysteria of how the president spend their time drives me nuts- Republican and Democrat.

Frankly, I want the President to take an hour a day to clear his head. Like, if Bush is on the golf course, I'm fairly certain we're able to get word to him that something went wrong.

Come on, people... Ignore this BULLSHIT.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    Obama let me down by not closing GTMO so I'm voting Trump / Palin 2012

Obama has let me down on a lot of issues, but giving an ounce of credibility and power to a large, walking pile of feces is just a stupid thing to do, politically or otherwise.

And I never said that I would vote for Donald Trump, even if the man obviously led Obama down the street on this individual issue. Apropos of nothing else, why the fuck would I vote for a man with a double comb-over?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This interview with Stephanopolous is so good. He fumbles the ball on the first play, talking about not protecting Saudi Arabian oil. I honestly think that corporate interests would have him assassinated if there was any chance he'd get nominated. There's no way they would allow anyone to fuck with the money.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    And I just caught this "hero" stuff. Again, ojo: Trump is America at its worst. He is an execrable human being. He should not be referenced by politicians. I should not even be talking about him. But file this mistake of Obama's under "why you don't give the kids sugar" or "why we don't negotiate with terrorists" or "don't get the gremlin wet." In any of these cases, it's actually the parent's/adult's fault for walking down that road.

• Options
    luck said:
    And I just caught this "hero" stuff. Again, ojo: Trump is America at its worst. He is an execrable human being. He should not be referenced by politicians. I should not even be talking about him. But file this mistake of Obama's under "why you don't give the kids sugar" or "why we don't negotiate with terrorists" or "don't get the gremlin wet." In any of these cases, it's actually the parent's/adult's fault for walking down that road.

Fair enough, but it doesn't matter. Releasing this new form hasn't even slowed down the Birther Express:

"Texas state legislator Leo Berman, a Republican, has introduced a bill that would require proof of citizenship from presidential candidates. It???s one of many such bills in the states. And according to Sharon Guthrie, Berman???s legislative director, the legislation is still needed and the long-form birth certificate released by the White House today does not satisfy its requirements.

???What I???ve seen online, what they produced today, still says certificate of live birth across the top,??? she told me. And she???s right.

But why isn???t that just a nomenclature issue? Why does it matter?

???We want to see a ???birth certificate,?????? Guthrie explained. ???The one that we have that says ???birth certificate??? is from Mombassa, Kenya, with his footprint on it. He has still not produced an American birth certificate."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/weigel/archive/2011/04/27/birther-legislation-in-texas-still-a-go.aspx

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/27/joseph-farah-still-conspiratorial/

I said earlier in the thread that Obama shouldn't cater to these morons because it was to his political advantage not to, but it turns out they're not going to go away and he still has that advantage.

I apologize for underestimating the stupidity of conservatives. It won't happen again.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    sabadabada said:

I think it was the 25% of the independents that were the tipping point. But ,of course, all you Democrats were too blinded by manlove smart to be fooled. Again, explain to me how the ease of retrieving the document after years of speculation comports with your Obama trying his darndest to give the American people the shaft credit theory and not my cost benefit theory.

Why do you continue to think that it's difficult for the POTUS to obtain his own birth certficate? Where did Obama ever say "I'd to show you guys, but it's too hard to find."?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Please to enlighten us as to how much time Obama spends on the golf course.

Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

Please to enlighten us as to how much time Obama spends on the golf course.

I'm betting that if you're really interested it's easily found via Google.