Rep Your Art (nrr)

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
most of y'all are artsy types... what's on your wall?that big cat is a painting by my friend from brooklyn, john seal, the bionic cat is by http://shawnwolfe.com/, another RISD guy (like yer hommies shepard fairey and seth mcfarlane)... enjoy (ha ha again).

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    the girlfriends art:

Girlfriend's friend John Gill's art:

unknown art:

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

tshirt please.

• man there be some art-nips up in this bitch!

naw, im actually jealous. i have an incredible knack for not being able to hang art on walls. no matter what or where i hang shit, it looks dumb. so my walls are bare.

raer wall:

tshirt please.

I'm actually thinking about trying to make a shirt of it. Any suggestions short of knowing someone who silkscreens? Maybe those ink-jet iron-ons?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Co-sign on the

Would gladdly put that on my wall.

I did a search and found this image. Read that it was an advertising campaign in the 60's trying to dissuade people from calling police "pigs".

From http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/news/opinion/12114160.htm

I remember in the 1970s there were some who referred to the police as "pigs." I am sure there are citizens who remember the campaign to right this wrong and turn this type thinking around before it was out of control. The billboard embedded in my memory read: "Some call him pig; I call him Officer and Sir."

From http://www.sniggle.net/cops.php

In the late sixties when I lived in Akron, Ohio, there was a billboard of a white policeman, with tears running down his face, giving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to a small black boy. The caption underneath read: ???Some Call Him Pig.??? We drove by this for weeks until finally we couldn't stand it anymore. A friend of mine climbed up and added two vampire teeth to the policeman's mouth, and painted blood dripping down the little boy's cheek.

• check out the shirtstrut thread. i posted the basics to silkscreening yourself. being a one color image it would be pretty easy to do.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Here's an Ed Rushca bitches:

and some chickens my gf drew on the wall for a reason that is not yet clear:

check out the shirtstrut thread. i posted the basics to silkscreening yourself. being a one color image it would be pretty easy to do.

cool!

• Here's an Ed Rushca bitches:

whats the story with the ed ruscha? doesn't look like most of his other work. closest thing i can think of is the chocolate paintings. this one looks like he threw a bunch of rice at a shellaced canvas?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

and some chickens my gf drew on the wall for a reason that is not yet clear:

, and the reasoning behind them is even more

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    THAT LOOKS LIKE LAMINATED BUGZ, BUT ITS HARD AS FUK

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Its actually a lithograph print of ants. He did a few different ones like this. My camera is only 2.0 megapixels so it doesnt look so hot.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

unknown art:

Can I buy this off you? Saying, anonymous vintage flix got me going crazy.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I did a search and found this image. Read that it was an advertising campaign in the 60's trying to dissuade people from calling police "pigs"
    my mom and dad met working in the seattle police dept, back in 1970. PIG stands for PRIDE, INTEGRITY, and GUTS...but most folls know what it really means. my dad had so much pride, integrity, and guts that i didn't meet him once until i was 25, and he was such a doosh, i told him it was better the way it had been before.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

tshirt please.

I'm actually thinking about trying to make a shirt of it. Any suggestions short of knowing someone who silkscreens? Maybe those ink-jet iron-ons?

oh please please please make a t-shirt of this and left me buy one off of you. i got this crazy beach boys bootleg dvd of performances and music videos up until Surf's Up. maybe trade?

Avery Dark T-Shirt Iron On paper works well

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Co-sign on the

Would gladdly put that on my wall.

I did a search and found this image. Read that it was an advertising campaign in the 60's trying to dissuade people from calling police "pigs".

From http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/news/opinion/12114160.htm
    I remember in the 1970s there were some who referred to the police as "pigs." I am sure there are citizens who remember the campaign to right this wrong and turn this type thinking around before it was out of control. The billboard embedded in my memory read: "Some call him pig; I call him Officer and Sir."

From http://www.sniggle.net/cops.php
    In the late sixties when I lived in Akron, Ohio, there was a billboard of a white policeman, with tears running down his face, giving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to a small black boy. The caption underneath read: ???Some Call Him Pig.??? We drove by this for weeks until finally we couldn't stand it anymore. A friend of mine climbed up and added two vampire teeth to the policeman's mouth, and painted blood dripping down the little boy's cheek.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

AWESOME!!!

re: iron-on tees - I'll look into doing it & post up the results. If they work out I'll make extra & yawl can get them for whatever it costs to make 'em. gimme a bit of time on it...

• this is one my girlfriend did for my birthday a couple years back, it's over my tables right now

and another one by my girl in the background.

got a bunch of other stuff, but no batteries in the cam right now.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

[
    these are dope! did you do this?

• yar

thanks

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

mike is dat dude.

• mike is dat dude.

seriously.

And thanks to him I met DJ Daze, back in the days! (born to roll remix)

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

mike is dat dude.

seriously.

And thanks to him I met DJ Daze, back in the days! (born to roll remix)

hahaha...I think I found that at Star records on that trip. that and Dem A Murderer on red vinyl.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I dont do much art now really, but these are a few sketches from my book anyways.

• This is a painting of Joni Mitchell that a friend made for my wife and I.