Charlie Sheen

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Plus, unless he's mutilating babies on the side, it doesn't seem like dude is hiding sh*t. I bet the same can't be said for the people he's going to" war" with.

• Options
    Herm said:
    I don't follow celebrity drama much so

Then why do you have an opinion about it? :micro:

soulone said:
    Herm said:
    I don't follow celebrity drama much so

Then why do you have an opinion about it? :micro:

Because "much" == "at all."

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Dude is seriously reminding me of Kenny Powers as of late

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Can't we all just laugh at Sheen Family Circus?

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    If he was an author, his behavior would seem charming. Granted, we would be discussing it 30 years after he died.

• What Stinkie said. A+ 3rd post...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Herm said:

I can't help but wonder if the general consensus would be the same if this was some bad ass rock or rap star with a known "don't give a f*ck" attitude.

Scott said:
    If he was an author, his behavior would seem charming.

If your personal life's f*ckery is what people remember you for, what outlasts your work/art/craft/talent, then there's a problem.

If you all think of Sheen as a great actor first and a coke sausage second, then I stand corrected.

But I don't remember seeing pages of posts or so much ink dedicated to his skills as a thespian.

(Robert Downey Jr comes to mind)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I think we can all agree that getting Alex Jones on the View is his greatest accomplishment.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Herm said:
    Don't get me wrong, if dude was near me I'd be tempted to punch his annoying ass in the face.

Great turn of phrase. But when did you start swearing? Just trying to keep up with Sheen I guess.

I only know who he is the same way I know who Taylor Swift and Kardashians are. I read the people column in my daily newspaper, and soulstrut.

I don't condone any of his actions.
    I pity his addicted "ass in the face".
    I feel sorry for his family, friends and co-workers.

But his meltdown has been far more entertaining than Taylor Swift's latest boyfriends and any thing any Kardashian has ever done.
    Please don't mistake this as a cheer. I wish they would all go away.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Y'all are missing the point of the Sheen. Just enjoy it for the trainwreck that it is.

b/w

Carlos Estevez was true thespian back in the day. Dude was great in Platoon, Wall Street and Major League. Could have been great actor if not for the coke and hookers.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    dollar_bin said:
    out the cloaca of their golden-egg-laying goose.

Amazingly enough, this is not the first use of this term on ss. (James!)

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/60475/

I'd consider myself blessed if I could write 10% as well as James.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    bassie said:
    lol - I'm OK with people feeling bad for me because I am not amused by Charlie Sheen.

Herm said:
    marwal_bust said:
    No love fest or 'frat boy' love

I didn't get that either.

This sh*t is crazy, but I really don't understand what's so wrong. Is it because he's speaking freely without being politically-correct or following the normal "safe" way of communicating? To me it seems like he knows EXACTLY what he's saying without being a tad bit apologetic. Also, who is he hurting really (besides, in some ways I guess, himself)? Is he hurting the people who care for him 'cause HE'S speaking HIS mind?? I suppose he's hurting the other people on the show because it's his fault it was cancelled, but wasn't its' success BECAUSE of him?? Why not blame the other dude for cancelling the show in the first place? I just don't know why he's expected to play nice or whatever.
    None of this.

He's a father.
    He's been accused by three different women for assault, one of whom he called the N-word. It's not like folks are going "Yea, he's a great actor, but what a trainwreck."
    He's being cheered on because he is a trainwreck.
    Meh.

I didn't know about all that (besides flipping out in a hotel room with a hooker), but my general take on this particular situation is, dude is saying "yeah, I do this, so what?" and coming with some serious one liners. He's obviously going a little nuts, but overall I don't see what the big deal is?

No shots, but you ride for Gucci Mane who does coke, probably killed a dude and had a mental breakdown, but somehow this is different? I don't get it.

I ride for Gucci's music, not the man's antics and terrible decisions.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    bassie said:
    I ride for Gucci's music, not the man's antics and terrible decisions.

Not to get all po-mo theory but at this point, isn't Charlie Sheen, in essence, offering up a public performance that includes his antics and terrible decisions? I don't know where the dividing line would be.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    BobDesperado said:

it also appears kiefer sutherland joined twitter today too.

REGULATORRRRRRRRS!

YGTG lol

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Ha, rock star lifestyle might don't make it
    Living life high everyday click wasted
    Sipping on purple stuff rolling up stanky
    Wake up in the morning 10 clock dranking

Party, party, party, let's all get wasted
    Shake it for me baby girl, do it butt naked
    I'm so wasted, she so wasted shout the bartender
    Send 20 more cases

Geeking like Whitney, geeking like Britney
    SHEEN no hippie but it's on like Jimy X
    Pill poppers geeked up krazy whole click rolling
    Everyone wasted purple codine sprite

Pink don't wasted, mix up, grandma drunk it
    Then taste it, now grandma sipping syrup
    Leaning wasted walking 'round fuck up
    Twisting her finga home gurl

Slipped up drunk got wasted now
    She back stage an she tryna get famous
    Hit me up the drinky, drinky SHEEN Mane
    Shake it, club night, damn right, SHEEN Mane wasted

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    The reality is they probably fired him to make up for the uninspired, repetitive, unfunny garbage that was being passed off as writing on that show. Seriously, watch any episode and it's the same 5 jokes over & over (Charlie is a player, his brother is a pussy, the kid is a slob, the mom is a whore,....)
    boring
    The only reason I ever watched this piece of sh*t show is because they play repeats of it during the tv programming dead zone.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    ost said:
    The reality is they probably fired him to make up for the uninspired, repetitive, unfunny garbage that was being passed off as writing on that show. Seriously, watch any episode and it's the same 5 jokes over & over (Charlie is a player, his brother is a pussy, the kid is a slob, the mom is a whore,....)
    boring
    The only reason I ever watched this piece of sh*t show is because they play repeats of it during the tv programming dead zone.

Nah. I've never seen the show, but no matter how bad it was as long as the ratings were still high and they were making good money they would have never fired him.

• Options
    Big_Chan said:
    ost said:
    boring

Nah. I've never seen the show, but no matter how bad it was as long as the ratings were still high and they were making good money they would have never fired him.

The ratings were still very high and they still really fired him.

For now, anyway.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/23/syndicated-tv-ratings-top-25-wheel-jeopardy-two-and-a-half-men-continue-to-dominate/83603

It's a spectacularly shitty show but idiots love it.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    BobDesperado said:

it also appears kiefer sutherland joined twitter today too.

REGULATORRRRRRRRS!

Haha!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'll rephrase my previous point, as it seems like it has been misconstrued. In a world where celebrity evangelists denounce homosexuality while simultaneously carrying on a secret lifestyle of meth-fueled gay hotel sexcapades, and politicians carefully polish their wholesome whitebread images while cheating on their terminally ill wives, this guy is refreshingly candid about his private life. While in no way condoning his personal life, I commend him for being honest about it. I'll take Charlie Sheen over your favorite celebrity hypocrite any day.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    I'll take Charlie Sheen over your favorite celebrity hypocrite any day.

I guess that's it in a nutshell. I don't have favourite celebrities
    As hair-splittingly fun it would be to get into a Gucci vs Sheen back and forth- please come at me when I start a thread calling Gucci a hero and winning for being institutionalized and getting a three-scoop tattoo - I'll just go back to what I said a few posts ago, I'm out of my element here.
    I am also a little embarassed at how much time I've dedicated to this Sheen fool! lol

DB_Cooper said:
    I'll rephrase my previous point, as it seems like it has been misconstrued. In a world where celebrity evangelists denounce homosexuality while simultaneously carrying on a secret lifestyle of meth-fueled gay hotel sexcapades, and politicians carefully polish their wholesome whitebread images while cheating on their terminally ill wives, this guy is refreshingly candid about his private life. While in no way condoning his personal life, I commend him for being honest about it. I'll take Charlie Sheen over your favorite celebrity hypocrite any day.

Yes.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    bassie said:
    I don't have favourite celebrities

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to single you out???that was the general all-encompassing "you" that is the kissing cousin of the "they" that always seem to be doing and saying things.

Please accept this parting tune to smooth any ruffled feathers this thread may have caused:

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Kinda feeling his 'piece (ayo), posted in a Twitter picture (Twitpic), and the fact that he gives a shoutout to Warlock time.

And good point, Day. I was getting a little high and mighty about Charlie while in the same day revisiting Raekwon from the mid-1990s, and that's a conflict of interest. That said, this performance art piece of the last several weeks has honestly been Sheen's best work since... since... I guess since the 1980s ended.

http://twitpic.com/458bdr

DB_Cooper said:
    bassie said:
    I don't have favourite celebrities

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to single you out???that was the general all-encompassing "you" that is the kissing cousin of the "they" that always seem to be doing and saying things.

Please accept this parting tune to smooth any ruffled feathers this thread may have caused:

No YouTube :( - perhaps you can post the lyrics with some pertinent images?