Comments

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    froz1 said:
    The following phrases:

"at the end of the day..."

"for all intents and purposes..."

Every day

Both useful phrases. What's your problem with them?

Fixed.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    froz1 said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    froz1 said:
    The following phrases:

"at the end of the day..."

"for all intents and purposes..."

Every day

Both useful phrases. What's your problem with them?

Fixed.

Ah. Fair enough. I guess my pet peeve would be the ongoing passive-aggressive note battle on the office fridge door that ended up with someone throwing away EVERYTHING including my fresh salad and a jar of home-made pickles I had just brought to share with the office.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    musica said:
    If you are my secretary then please don't get all sour and cop an attitutde when I ask you to do something for me! :pasue: It is your job!

If you do not like to have people tell you what to do, I suggest pursuing other career paths!

Now this one happens all the time at my job. I think we have the laziest so called support staff I have ever seen in my life.

• Options
    musica said:
    If you are my secretary then please don't get all sour and cop an attitutde when I ask you to do something for me! :pasue: It is your job!

If you do not like to have people tell you what to do, I suggest pursuing other career paths!

This can depend on what you ask them to do, I suppose, and what they were hired to do. I think people who treat secretaries like shit are right down there with corrupt prison guards on the Asshole List.

I saw a guy once who'd stepped in a deep puddle on the way in to work. He peeled off his socks and told his secretary to wash them off in the sink. What a prick.

Later I found out he'd been fired for bumping up his expense reports.

• sweatshop said:
    behemoth said:
    when people come to work deathly ill like they are gonna get extra money or something. al stuffy and throwing up going "it's ok i have to get work done"

assholes!
    +1

when i'm ill i'm not wasting a sick day by staying at home. i need those sick days for when i'm well and want an extra day off.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Working in an office

• this truly makes me grateful I don't work in an office. I will deal with an income that I can't always predict , filing sales tax, angry DMV employees, shoveling the driveway all winter, disgruntles employees, customers, etc. just as long as I don't have to deal with office life

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    My workplace made it into the Passive Agressive Notes Blog:

• enthusiasm

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Those who complain about the unprofessional appearance of others as they stand there in jeans and a college sweatshirt.

The lady who holds us up for our 10:30 am walk bc she decides she has to use the bathroom at 10:29. We've theorized that she has irritable bowel syndrome.

The girl who keeps asking me to braid her hair even though I've said no.

The lady who comes to my cube to gossip, prefacing her latest news with "you know I have a lot of integrity and hate it when ppl talk smack and you know I don't believe in getting your personal business mixed up at work, but did you just hear what what'sherface did?"

• People who say "I'd like to see that flushed out" in meetings.

Fleshed out. As in "you start with a bare-bones idea--a skeleton, if you will--and flesh it out."

• hogginthefogg said:
    People who say "I'd like to see that flushed out" in meetings.

Fleshed out. As in "you start with a bare-bones idea--a skeleton, if you will--and flesh it out."

Ummm...maybe they don't actually like your idea?

• when i put down my acetylene torch and hustle to be first in line for the sandwich truck....... and then some mamalook who's the nephew of the guy gets first crack.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Passive-aggressiveness is a HUGE workplace pet peeve of mine. I work as a HVAC and plumbing equipment purchasing agent where all day I have to cut PO's, compare costs based on the information, or lack thereof, given to me and my coworkers. Anyhow, all departments are encouraged to email supervisors if so-and-so did so-and-so incorrectly which will potentially cause a delay for so-and-so homeowner. I don't do these because a lot of mistakes I encounter are honest ones; I have been working there for only about 9 months, so I make some honest mistakes myself and grown adults tattling on one another is chickenshit. Anyhow, They're supposed to be done in the spirit of constructive criticism, but some coworkers, often catty, gossipy alpha-females, will get nit-picky and sometimes tell straight up lies in their "defect notices" (corporate euphemisms, gotta love them!). OK, so I said "indoor unit", as opposed to saying "air handler", even though I wrote the complete model # down. I work four desks away from you. You can address this issue to me in person, you vapid bitch. Others...

-Texting while walking. Look UP and FORWARD when you're walking down a hallway with people. Can you zombies put down your iCrap for just one minute?
    -If your ass is so fat that you have to waddle from side to side to move forward or if you're a bull dyke who dresses and grooms herself like a 15-year-old going through a punk phase, you have no place to gossip about others' appearances and lifestyle choices.
    -People who don't throw away used, soggy paper towels in the kitchen area or bathroom
    -Obnoxious, "missing white girl" human interest news playing on the TV in the break room all the time

• Lately for me: As soon as I enter the bathroom stall at work to take care of "business" the cleaning woman knocks on the entrance door to see if anyone's inside. Nothing is worse than having to rush through the big job. :shitty:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    +1 on dudes selecting the trap right next to me when the rest are empty. There is the de-facto peeing etiquette of always taking the urinal the furthest away from another dude, please extend this to the #2 business; you are putting me off my stroke.

Dude down the office constantly picks his nose and eats it. He thinks he is doing it too subtly (nose-rubs-4-dayz style) for anyone to notice, but we cab see it and dude opposite him is >this< far away from knocking him spark out. If the well is dry, he bites bits of skin off his fingertips and flicks them on his desk or the floor. DIRTY SERBIAN BASTARD.

People who write "Should of done" and "Could of done" instead of "Should HAVE done". YOU THICK TWATS.

Best was "With ironsight, they could of avoided..." (HINDSIGHT.)

IRONSIGHT? Are we talking about the fucking man in the iron mask here? Metal glasses with two german crosses cut into the lenses? Atrocious bell-end.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    People who want to 'touch base' about 'ball park figures'. EUROMEN TALKING IN BASEBALL LANGUAGE.

• i never understand why some people will stand facing sideways in crowded elevators. it should be the law that you have to face the elevator door. i routinely get 27 floors of hot breath on my face.

:shame_on_you:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    As "upper management" of a multi-million dollar company where the principal partner is my father-in-law, to hear people bitch and complain about thee stupidest shit (like there are not enough Hazelnut coffee pods in the Keurig carousel or we don't have 3 ply toilet paper) makes me face palm on a daily basis. Be happy you have jobs, people!

• RAJ said:
    As "upper management" of a multi-million dollar company where the principal partner is my father-in-law, to hear people bitch and complain about thee stupidest shit (like there are not enough Hazelnut coffee pods in the Keurig carousel or we don't have 3 ply toilet paper) makes me face palm on a daily basis. Be happy you have jobs, people!

Upper managment? Why even bother at that point? Just have your father-in-law get you a seat on the board. Then you don't have to work at all. Just read a couple of reports and vote how he tells you.

RAJ said:

I guess it beats them complaining about the fact that the principal partner promotes his relatives to upper management, leaving the rest of them to toil under the glass ceiling of not being related to the principal partner. Be happy you have a job! As upper management!

I half keed.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    RAJ said:

I guess it beats them complaining about the fact that the principal partner promotes his relatives to upper management, leaving the rest of them to toil under the glass ceiling of not being related to the principal partner. Be happy you have a job! As upper management!

I half keed.

Funny post....

DB_Cooper said:
    RAJ said:

I half keed.

Why are the non-profit dudes always so salty?

:poor:

Hah! I think it's because I am poor.

DB_Cooper said:

On a related note, my wife and I get all kinds of HATT for our positions in the company. Truth be known, that she and I were the only ones working for the company ten years a go and worked for free for 3 weeks when 9/11 halted business to near Bankruptcy. A lot of dudes are strolling in making very good money, with very lenient hours, and killer perks complaining that we stock Coke Zero in the fridge instead of Pepsi Max.

:weaksauce:

Y'all should hire me with a killer salary. I promise I will gladly drink your Coke Zero with a smile and no complaints.

If we run out of hazelnut coffee pods, though, I'm wylin' out. Just sayin'.

• RAJ said:
    DB_Cooper said:

On a related note, my wife and I get all kinds of HATT for our positions in the company. Truth be known, that she and I were the only ones working for the company ten years a go and worked for free for 3 weeks when 9/11 halted business to near Bankruptcy. A lot of dudes are strolling in making very good money, with very lenient hours, and killer perks complaining that we stock Coke Zero in the fridge instead of Pepsi Max.

:weaksauce:

Sounds like business is good.

Note to self. Sue Raj.

DB_Cooper said:
    Y'all should hire me with a killer salary. I promise I will gladly drink your Coke Zero with a smile and no complaints.

We need a mid-level Marketing person. You'd be the only fool commuting from NYC to Sellersville, PA, though.

BTW: Can you tell I'm working real hard right now?

RAJ said:
    DB_Cooper said:

We need a mid-level Marketing person. You'd be the only fool commuting from NYC to Sellersville, PA, though.

BTW: Can you tell I'm working real hard right now?

Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiit. I just Google mapped it and it's only an hour longer than my current commute

I really need to find a job closer to my apartment.