hatin' on michelle obama

davidwingatedavidwingate 748 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
why in the world would a segment of the population (according to a new wall street journal and msnbc poll) hate on michelle obama??? she is for family, fighting obesity in young children, and all things great in my humble opinion! Hmmmm could it be she is a black woman...a dark skin black at that!?! discuss

Comments

• I know, haha. Stooops!!! It's all the Palin lovers.

I had a dream last week that I was having lunch with a friend and her at a sidewalk cafe on LaBrea. The president called her on the cell and I jokingly said, make sure to tell him you're with me, as if I were someone special, but I am and she should have told him. He'd be impressed.

• i mean hatin' on her is just plain stupid and i cannot for the life of me understand why other than it is because she is black.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Let's put this into perspective.....

If you type in "Hate Michelle Obama" into Google you get 19,000 hits

If you replace her name with other currently well known political women you get...

Hillary Clinton - 342,000
    Sarah Palin - 109,000
    Nancy Pelosi - 43,000

• let's put this into true perceptive: michelle obama she is a dark BLACK woman. that a lone carries a whole other perceptive. the people i believe that hate her carry a whole bunch of baggage of hate to the table.

• There are racists in America? Get out of here.

davidwingate said:
    let's put this into true perceptive: michelle obama she is a dark BLACK woman. that a lone carries a whole other perceptive. the people i believe that hate her carry a whole bunch of baggage of hate to the table.

Are there people who hate both the president and the first lady because they are black.

Yes.......why, because they are ignorant bigots.

The percentage of these people in 2010 is probably more than I realize and less than you believe.

Take color out of the equation for a minute...

The country is in one of it's worst economic conditions of recent memory.....unemployment is up and people are hurting economically across racial and geographic lines......then the media reports that the first lady just bought a purse for $6,000.....men and women, black and white, who don't make $6.000 a year are gonna get pissed......is it the prefect justification for a racist to take out their hate on Michelle behind some jealousy......sure.....is it a legit reason for other poverty stricken people to hate behind some jealousy.......yep.

Do all racists hate the Obama's....probably.......are all the people who hate the Obama's racist.....probably not.

• Rockadelic said:

If you replace her name with other currently well known political women you get...

Sarah Palin - 109,000
    Nancy Pelosi - 43,000

Or "hate Barbara Bush" with well over a million hits.

Maybe public figures just tend to attract haters...

Horseleech said:
    Rockadelic said:

Sarah Palin - 109,000
    Nancy Pelosi - 43,000

Or "hate Barbara Bush" with well over a million hits.

Maybe public figures just tend to attract haters...

From what I can see the left leaning folks of our country truly believe the below.

People hate Hillary Clinton because she's a strong woman
    People hate Nancy Pelosi because she is a strong woman
    People hate Michelle Obama because she is black
    People hate Sarah Palin because she is stupid

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Why even react to an article like this?

She's the First Woman, she's bound to get hatted on.

Are u new to this planet?

• So basically, Rock, if you hate on anyone who also happens to be a dark black person, you must be a racist. I assume that's the baggage we're talking about.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    Do all racists hate the Obama's....probably.......are all the people who hate the Obama's racist.....probably not.

I would say definitely not. But I see a huge amount of Obama hate out there and I'd be lying if I said I didn't see a racist tinge in most of it. The birther movement is purely racist.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

By no means do I hate on Michelle Obama, since I have a serious crush on the lovely, stately, and intelligent First Lady.

She's grown and sexy and a class act indeed. I can't help but stop and stare when she hits the TV screen.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Elbows. Duh!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Amir,
    I can't find the poll you refer to. Do you have a link?

Dan

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Elbows. Duh!

Hey Manny,

I have to admit that I have never noticed her elbows, but the rest of her sure looks good to me. ;-P And ;blap: if she and I were single.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    the media reports that the first lady just bought a purse for $6,000.....men and women, black and white, who don't make $6.000 a year are gonna get pissed

Never happened. Echo chamber effect.

• Options
    luck said:
    Rockadelic said:
    the media reports that the first lady just bought a purse for $6,000.....men and women, black and white, who don't make $6.000 a year are gonna get pissed

I hadn't even heard that rumor, but I suppose wingnut rumors are more widespread in Texas, where they have more wingnuts than we do up here.

So I looked it up, and it was trumpeted by every shitbag far-right website you could think of, and it turns out to be bullshit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2009/07/09/2009-07-09_michelle_obama_flashes_expensive_taste_carries_5950_black_bag_alligator_russia_.html

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    it's collateral (and temporary) breh
    nothing personal
    Barack's the one worthy of (let's not say hate but) anger

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Dont forget Michelle used to be an Aussie rapper before she met Obama...thats probably where alot of the hatin comes from too.... :-)

But on a serious note I think all people in positions of power attract strong opinions from people whether negative or positive....

BobDesperado said:
    luck said:
    Rockadelic said:

I hadn't even heard that rumor, but I suppose wingnut rumors are more widespread in Texas, where they have more wingnuts than we do up here.

So I looked it up, and it was trumpeted by every shitbag far-right website you could think of, and it turns out to be bullshit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2009/07/09/2009-07-09_michelle_obama_flashes_expensive_taste_carries_5950_black_bag_alligator_russia_.html

The story was initially reported by the "mainstream" media when the handbag manufacturer released a statement that she was carrying their $6K bag........the White House quickly corrected the media that it was a $875 bag and not six grand.....of course those haters are still gonna hate whether the bag cost the same as the average joe's montly salary or 6 months worth of salary.

These "far-right shitbags" have the same mentality that caused people on the left to call Laura Bush a murderer because her best friend was killed in an auto accident in which she was driving in her teens.

Haters don't need much reason to ply their trade.

• It was only a $900 purse. She just pissed and moaned about the elite ruling class until she joined it. Then her faith in America was restored.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:
    She's the First Woman, she's bound to get hatted on.

That's all this really is. The wife of a Democratic president is going to get hated by Republicans and vice-versa. It's pretty much tradition at this point.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    I dont hate on her but shes is hella scary looking mane - always looking all pissed off - clenched jaw steez - dont find her attractive at all

No fancy breakfasts in the white house for me man.

• ok I am NOT new to the planet! of course, racism exists on this planet and america. of course, people will hate on her because she is the first lady. i know this already, but having dealt with MAD racism growing up in boston i see the other ugly side. however, to try to take racism out of the equation is just plain wrong. i know many people hate when someone brings up race in this country but the facts are the facts. saba, your lil comment about someone hating on another person because she is dark skin just goes to show you haven't got a clue! i don't know you but i doubt you have had the same experiences with racism as a dark skin black person in this country and around the world.

i brought up this poll because as a black person that shit sickness me; so if anyone is asking why u brought it up...if u have to ask then u don't have a clue either! many in the black community know why i am upset about things such as this poll because many have seen this shit our whole lives.

Amir......I agree that taking race totally out of the equation is foolish....but I also believe, in the case of our First Lady, to blame it on nothing more than race, is equally as foolish.

One thing I have learned in life is that most hate is rooted in jealousy.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    These "far-right shitbags" have the same mentality that caused people on the left to call Laura Bush a murderer because her best friend was killed in an auto accident in which she was driving in her teens.

It wasn't her best friend, it was some kid she had dated at one point.

I didn't see "people on the left" seriously calling her a murderer. I saw a lot of comments being made about how little had been said about the incident, which most people had never heard about. If Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama had a skeleton like that in their closets I'm quite sure El Rushbo would have been yelling about it for months.

You may not believe it, but the right wing echo chamber is louder and more pervasive than the left wing one could even dream of being.

BobDesperado said:

I didn't see "people on the left" seriously calling her a murderer.

BobDesperado said:
    Laura Bush was born and raised in Texas and even killed her first victim there, so she's no transplant.

• Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:

BobDesperado said:
    Laura Bush was born and raised in Texas and even killed her first victim there, so she's no transplant.

And what network is Bob's show on again?

funky16corners said:
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:

BobDesperado said:

#1 - Bob is the only person I ever heard say this stupid shit and the post was directed solely at him.

#2 - You don't need to have a TV or Radio show to be racist or ignorant....the poll that Amir referenced to start this thread was not a poll of TV/Radio Hosts..

• Rockadelic said:
    funky16corners said:
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:

BobDesperado said:

#1 - Bob is the only person I ever heard say this stupid shit and the post was directed solely at him.

#2 - You don't need to have a TV or Radio show to be racist or ignorant....the poll that Amir referenced to start this thread was not a poll of TV/Radio Hosts..

"People on the left" seems to indicate that more than one person, perhaps an entire group was pushing that stupid shit.