RECORD DAY 2010 IS TODAY! (Post Rips Here)

discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
RECORD DAY 2010 IZ TODAY (TUES, DEC 14th) AND LASTS ALL DAY LONG! THIS IS OUR ANNUAL DIGITAL MUSIC SWAP AND ITS ALWAYS AMAZING. GET YOUR RIPS IN ORDER AN POST THEM IN THIS THREAD.

Details:

> 320 mp3s ONLY, please.
> AIFF, WAV, & HQ FLACS are welcomed as well, though.
> Post a high quality photo of the cover / label.
> Bring the heat, but don't be shy to share!

:tunes: :tunes: :tunes: :tunes:
:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
:necessary:

Comments

• musica said:

a sat or sun perhaps? takes time to rip shit...

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    musica said:

a sat or sun perhaps? takes time to rip shit...

Nah, last year we did it during the week (tues or wednesday) since that when the Strut gets more traffic. How does Tuesday, Dec 14th sound?

Who's down?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I'm down for when ever. Any day is good. It takes me no time to rip something.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    YES

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I was JUST going to suggest this!

• bump

BUMP. IT"S OFISHUL.

(Mods, should we sticky this???)

• if some of those Kon Edits/Remixes made it on here for record day....

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I am 100% IN and will start ripping today! PS, if I may expand on some of this...

musica said:

> 320 mp3s ONLY, please.
    > HQ FLACS are welcomed as well, though.

Yes. As it has happened in the past, people have made some really terrible rips. For the most part, these shitty rips that were at 128 or 192 or whatever, they've been tossed. Let's face it that the higher quality file it is, the better it sounds. PLUS, this is not 2003 where hard drive space is precious. Sooner than later HDs will be huge and will be able to hold a massive amount of information. So with that being the case, don't skimp now because it's only going to bite you in the ass later.

I would also like to recommend that AIFF and WAV files be okay as well, in addition to 320 MP3 and HQ FLAC.

musica said:

> Post a high quality photo of the cover / label.

Yes, please do so. I'm fastidious about making the files have contain the most information possible. Funny as it seems, I like to look at these MP3s as though they were physical product as much as possible. So good photos are crucial. I get all the art for my collection, even if I have to scour though Google Image, and so flicks of the front (and back in some cases) are dope to me.

musica said:

> Bring the heat, but don't be shy to share!

Word up. Try not to flip anything that's easily found on a blog search. Let's get deep about this...

Which leads me to the last thing...

TAGGING

I know a lot of you dudes are lazy. Shit, I know I am in lots of ways. Fuck, I spend a good amount of my time talking shit on a message board. BUT, I care about this music and I care about what's behind it. That, combined with what I said about me looking at these MP3s as physical product, I try to be 100 thorough on all my tagging. So I really hope that you guys can too. If you post an album, please fill in the info for where everything should be. If there's 11 tracks on the album, put the proper numbers in the right fields so we know and can listen to the album in the right order. Put the proper song title in the correct field. Shit like that, to me makes a tremendous difference, and doesn't take up that much of your time.

Two - please make sure your rips are proper and get the full song, and try to make it so that there's as little dead space at the front and back as possible. I don't want to listen to an MP3 that has 45 seconds of silence at the front, or 8 seconds of silence in the back that goes into the first 3 seconds of the next song in it. That shit is just fucking lazy. Take some care and some pride in your product. Like I remember the last big ripping session, someone just recorded the full side of an album as one MP3. Fucking WACK... I tossed that shit immediately.

I also usually go the extra mile and tag the composer tags. Usually it's the producer, but sometimes I'll also add the songwriter as well. Think about it, if you want to know what songs were produced by RZA or Gene Russell or Charles Stepney, why not have that information added so that you can readily look it up.

I know some people think this is crazy and / or overkill but I don't cause see I think the little details mean a whole lot. I don't know, I really care about this shit. I think you should too. I don't expect everyone to be on my level, but it would be nice haha...

Here's an example of what one of my files looks like. I think it's pretty thorough??? Wouldn't it be nice if they were all this together? Download to peep...

http://www.divshare.com/download/13454422-008

Okay, off to ripping, and thanks for checking this post out. Hope it resonates.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    In the interest of not wasting time and space, I'm only uploading THE track on certain one-tracker LPs, but I will make sure its hi fidelity and tagged properly.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    if some of those Kon Edits/Remixes made it on here for record day....

Amen

• kemskems 120 Posts
    In addition, Cosmo, you are the man for all of that. I get called anal and a loser for crying about shit like that all the time but at least someone else sees it the same way I do. Unfortunately, my collection is not as heavy as many on here but if I can think of some shit that may appeal to y'all I will definitely contribute. Looking forward to this....

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I'm down! Is there a preferred site to upload to? Seems a lot of you like Divshare or Mediafire.

gravelheadwrap said:
    I'm down! Is there a preferred site to upload to? Seems a lot of you like Divshare or Mediafire.

As long as its stable, it really doesn't matter. Mediafire, Divshare, Megaupload, Sendspace, etc

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    if anyone's interested in House that's mostly what I've been ripping/acquiring these days, I'm more than down to share.

djdaze said:
    if anyone's interested in House that's mostly what I've been ripping/acquiring these days, I'm more than down to share.

Please.

A***, I'll try and get my rips done before Monday's out.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    sweet!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    gravelheadwrap said:
    djdaze said:

Please.

The type I've been rocking as of late is mostly Funky/Jackin house and some Nu-Disco. hope that's aight.

djdaze said:
    gravelheadwrap said:
    djdaze said:

Please.

The type I've been rocking as of late is mostly Funky/Jackin house and some Nu-Disco. hope that's aight.

I'm definitely ok with that. Post it up!

IT'S COMING UP MANANA!

LET'S KNOCK THIS SHIT OUT THE PARK, FOLK!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    djdaze said:

yes! and thank you.

• I would participate, but damn you foolios have waaaay too many rules! Oh well, I'll just DL. Thanks in advance!

Herm said:
    I would participate, but damn you foolios have waaaay too many rules! Oh well, I'll just DL. Thanks in advance!

Shaddup and post heat already! ;)

Let's get crackin....

Got this sealed in a trade with a homie, cracked it open last nite and ripped it upon first play just for yawl. Crisp as fusk! This is such a devestating dancefloor cut, IMO. OAKLAND!

Rim Kwaku Obeng and Kasa: "Love Me For Real" (Best cut from this EP)

DOWNLOAD 320 MP3

DOWNLOAD WAV

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    musica said:
    Let's get crackin....

Got this sealed in a trade with a homie, cracked it open last nite and ripped it upon first play just for yawl. Crisp as fusk! This is such a devestating dancefloor cut, IMO. OAKLAND!

Rim Kwaku Obeng and Kasa: "Love Me For Real" (Best cut from this EP)

DOWNLOAD 320 MP3

DOWNLOAD WAV

x1000

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    No doubt. The Rim Kwaku Obeng and Kasa joint is BANANAS!!!! Thank you for posting this.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I totally fell behind on ripping this week, I'll do some today. But here's 2 cool latin mambo style pieces that I ripped a few weeks ago from my mother-in-law's collection that she discovered after 50+ years.

Al Castellanos & Orchestra "Cha Cha Cha Together 1-2-3" (Mardi Gras, 1958)

Perez Prado & His Orchestra "Latin Satin" (RCA Victor, 1957)

I'm ripping more shit right now. Question - has anyone ever bothered to Rip SOAP (Aka "the other East Of Underground record?")

Cheesy Afro-Latin funk at its best! This is by far the best thing I've heard by the Panamanian group The Beachers. They put out at least 10 LPs in the seventies and eighties on various labels from that country (Loyola, Tamayo, etc), their best being Africa Caliente, IMO. But here, we have a 45-only track (to my knowledge at least) absolutely brimming with pure energy and tropical fire. Most of the time their beyond-cheesy organ is a total killing point for me, but I really love it in this track. Multiple breakdowns and teenage back-up singers charge "Black Soul" along and keep things interesting. Cheers to DJ Papito for selling me this 45.

The Beachers: "Black Soul" (Loyola Records, Panama)

DOWNLOAD 320 MP3

DOWNLOAD WAV

Is Record Day even happening?

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Herm, I might get booted for this 192 blog raid (and thank you) from "http://blog.discorocker.net/" but here's that jamie foxx remix from the recent deep house thread... ...here come the boo's, but at the time of night you play this people are usually sauced enough to not notice the difference in sound quality! By all means, do go out and buy the record to support the artist...

http://www.divshare.com/download/13507293-1d0

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Here's one of my rips, one of the most devastating afro funk bombs out of Ghana. ENJOY!

DOWNLOAD 320 MP3 HERE