Eastbound & Down Season 2

2»

Comments

• Shit was funny. Good episode as it set the scene for what's to come and tied up with what happened after kenny's departure...that was it's purpose. Also the homage to the bad news bears was great. Two fuckin' thumbs up .

• motown67 said:
    I gotta say I love the soundtrack as well.

Wayne Kramer in control.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Kenny in Mexico was a terrible idea.....I think I laughed once during the new episode.

I think it's perfect for what happened at the end of Season 1. He failed at making a come-back to the majors, dumped his high school sweet heart and hit the road. Where else was he going to go where no one knew him.

• season is killing it.

sebastien and roger are great.

kenny signing autographs in the mariachi outfit is my fav scene so far; his convo with Vida is awesome.

ep 4 kinda depressing but apparently things looking up at the end...

• Last night's episode was awesome. Lots of laughs. Stevie is too funny. That shit about "pfooot pfooot pffiooot. That's the sound of you fuckin her ass." so absurd.

• he was really creeping me out in episode 3 though.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    there is no I in team but there is a u in c u n t ! Kenny Powers is great!

• this last episode was really great. Love it when everything goes terribly for kenny. He brings it on himself but its awesome to watch.
    My favorite moments from the season thus far:
    Kenny complaining about the file format used for the banners
    Stevie talking about looking right through the butthole into the vagina
    Kenny riding jet skis, taking shrooms, dressing in the best clothes, and riding jet skis.

• motown67 said:
    I gotta say I love the soundtrack as well.

agreed. loving the series. whats not to like? its kenny snorting coke and fucking whores in mexico. and being a dick in a baseball team. and spending all his mates money. i like it. i get the sense he will somehow regain his pitch and learn some valuable lessons in the process. and then be an even more arrogant ass than before when he returns.

HBO need to a larry david meets kenny powers skit, that would be amazing

• i have trouble riding for this too. i dont know, but the anti-hero as complete dickhead with a mullet doesnt instigate hilarity in me.

is it "vicarious male fantasy who is a fat loser and still gets the bitches"?

not intending to knock fan base whatsoever. however it really seems like this is the case upon a 2nd read. i came back to edit and soften the comments but whatever. just my two cents of worthless american currency

• hes not really a fat loser who gets chicks, he is a washed up pitcher with actual talent. I find the weird feeling of routing for a total sociopath oddly compelling. Its funny, there is nuance, as someone said earlier, in the absurdity of his world.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Late pass, but I finished watching the entire second season last night. I agree that the show relied a little much on the redundant vulgarity, but the brilliant writing, bizarre characters and soundtrack picks (Medeski, Martin and Wood "Let's Go Everywhere" has been stuck in my damn head all day! Bob Seger, Bo Diddley's "Hit Or Miss", Brenton Wood, The Black Keys, "Real American"?!?...all top notch choices. And it's so Kenny Powers-like for Morricone and "Zorba The Greek" to be portrayed as "Mexican" music) made up for it . I love it how KP is oblivious to his own dickhead behavior and alieniates the same people who offer him friendship but, strangely, continue to accept him for who he is. Steve's cryptic personality and the 'what the fuck' things he says kept me coming back. "La Flama Blanca" vs. "El Negro", Piolin as the announcer, 'Whiz Kids' being a popular TV show in Mexico, acting unnecessarily suspicous at the border and almost getting busted for it...too much oddball shit to mention.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Season 3 steady killing it.

Baby in the backpack with lettuce.

Stevie "meditating" on the beach.

Funeral scene.

Lots of good shit so far.

• finding the new season kinda weak...all the scenes with shane were pretty great... the stevie stuff is getting a bit much (the "me gusta!!" scene)

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    The addition of the baby makes this new season kinda sad as hell to me. Still very funny but then I realize I'l laughing at this dude being a dad. Its pretty good imo.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I've been enjoying it more than season 2. There have been some standout moments.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    the writers ended a lot of episodes on sad notes in seasons 1-2, but nothing compares to this season where EACH ep so far has ended on a real, real dark note IMO. I like it.

the Russian is great. he's not over-the-top-Borat-buffonish, which is nice. he's a caricature for sure, but actually kind of subtle in his own way.

the writers of Eastbound have killed it all 3 seasons. it's hilarious, obviously, but I'm more impressed by how they make the audience unwillingly/unwittingly sympathize with this asshole.

the music kills.

and his speeches/monologues are just amazing. my top 3 (this is off the dome) would have to be:

1. farewell speech in jefferson davis parking lot ("y'all were my chinks!")
    2. crashing the Charros team practice ("I will become the Jesus figure you all perceive me to be!")
    3. return to the Charros, locker room talk ("life is not a fairy tale, although sometimes it feels like our world is full of fairies....")

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I just watched the latest episode of the whole reveal of Kenny's mother was pretty much brilliant. The whole scene where the camera teases whom it might be in the bowling alley and music playing were just awesome.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    the writers ended a lot of episodes on sad notes in seasons 1-2, but nothing compares to this season where EACH ep so far has ended on a real, real dark note IMO. I like it.

the Russian is great. he's not over-the-top-Borat-buffonish, which is nice. he's a caricature for sure, but actually kind of subtle in his own way.

the writers of Eastbound have killed it all 3 seasons. it's hilarious, obviously, but I'm more impressed by how they make the audience unwillingly/unwittingly sympathize with this asshole.

the music kills.

and his speeches/monologues are just amazing. my top 3 (this is off the dome) would have to be:

1. farewell speech in jefferson davis parking lot ("y'all were my chinks!")
    2. crashing the Charros team practice ("I will become the Jesus figure you all perceive me to be!")
    3. return to the Charros, locker room talk ("life is not a fairy tale, although sometimes it feels like our world is full of fairies....")

I'd have to put the Shane funeral rant right at the top.