Eastbound & Down Season 2

GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Who else is excited for this?
Hells yeah.

Comments

• Psyched for this.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    "Listen here you beautiful bitch. I am about to fuck you up with some truth."

Eastbound & Down may not be the best thing ever, but it's certainly the best thing at what it's trying to do, which I would describe as the comedy of discomfort. I enjoy the show, but I don't always laugh out loud. I'm definitely excited about season two, though. The show is always exceptionally quotable.

• Looking forward to this.
    Especially if there is some quality knockers like the first season!

• I think they do a great job of making you sympathize for some dude is really just an asshole.
    KP has almost nothing redeeming about hims

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I just found out that I don't get HBO :grin:

• Kenny Fucking Powers!!!

Any of you seen The Foot Fist Way?

• "fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

• Saw my first episode tonight and I thought "Really?? THIS is what everybody's raving about?!" Some tired ass jabs at Mexicans, middle fingers galore and "F*CKIN''" jammed between certain phrases to give the illusion of a punchline?? Kinda lame if you ask me. And even if you don't.

I must admit though, I did laugh at that "saxophone player from the Lost Boys" line and when he called big dude "Mice And Men."

And that girl's ass in the red? I'm sure she's got some nalgas on her but there were definitely some fancy enhancy undergarments helping those cheeks out.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    not funny

• i think a lot of people miss the nuances in this show. and yes im using 'nuances' in reference to kenny fucking powers, believe it or not.

• ps deep roy is god

• 'millo, did you just start watching at Season 2? I think if that was the first episode I saw, I might not get it either. Definitly go rent season 1 and start from the beginning before you get further into this season.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    meatyogre said:
    'millo, did you just start watching at Season 2? I think if that was the first episode I saw, I might not get it either. Definitly go rent season 1 and start from the beginning before you get further into this season.

Yes -- gotta do this. You can't judge the show with no context.

Frankly though, they better still have Stevie as a main character. That was 75% of the reason I stayed watching.

• The season premieres of this show, Bored to Death and Dexter were all huge disappointments.

• i loved the premieres of this and bored to death. haven't checked out dexter yet, but i wasn't feeling the trailer at all. i don't want to see repeated scenes of the kids saying "you let us down dexter!!! i hate you!!" and shit like that. unless it leads dexter to just start killing E'ERYBODY

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    The season premieres of this show, Bored to Death and Dexter were all huge disappointments.
    Dexter was horrible.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    it takes a smart guy to act that dumb...you can just feel it in yer plums, watching that character, that he's 100% convinced that he's not an idiot. Kenny Powers is Tim Dog. Manowar. Amazing.

Excited to finally see some more Kenny Fuckin Powers.

/caucaZoid

• if you can't get into a show that features jerking off to a jr high yearbook while watching pale rider, and a spanish cover of night moves, i dont know what to tell you

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    thrope said:
    if you can't get into a show that features jerking off to a jr high yearbook while watching pale rider, and a spanish cover of night moves, i dont know what to tell you

:like:

for sure, this show ain't for everyone, but this schitt is still funny as fuck. lots of little shit you gotta pay attention to that proves how good this is.

b/w
    still lovin all the k-swiss ads they did too. someone at k-swiss got ballz to put the brand name to this dude.

and holy fuck:

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Aaron > Stevie

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I gotta say I love the soundtrack as well.

• ^ yeah Jody Hill's directing style is fresh, he uses music and does montage type scenes really well.

I thought this wasn't as funny as previous episodes, but still had some funny stuff, and it seemed like the setup for things to get plenty funnier.

dukeofdelridge said:
    Kenny Powers is Tim Dog.
    haha

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Show is kinda funny, but Kenny is still a poor man's Ricky from Trailer Park Boys.

• dang, i just saw the first episode this season and thought it was a snoozefest

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    not funny

Have you watched Season 1?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This show is overrated.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Kenny in Mexico was a terrible idea.....I think I laughed once during the new episode.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I admire the show more than I actually enjoy it. It stays true to the humor of the creators and doesn't try to bend the characters and events into a more palatable forms. It's a given that Kenny Powers is pathologically unlikable and if you can't get the joke of his dickishness then you have no hope of enjoying it. But Danny McBride aside, the first season has an amazing supporting cast: Steve Little, Katy Mixon, John Hawkes, Andy Daly and Ben Best all had super hilarious moments in season one.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    jlee said:

It was KILLING me trying to figure out who the blonde guy at the head of the table was...

• i've thought about it for the last 6 hours (ok maybe 6 minutes) and i simply cannot fathom that someone who thought the first season was funny didn't enjoy the first episode of season 2. seemed a fitting continuation of the Kenny Powers legend. am i to believe there are some of those here, or are you guys just haters of the show in general?