Options

Vick's Victims

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    edpowers said:
    Is anyone here defending Vick's actions or animal cruelty ? Look dude, I'm sorry Vick didn't receive the punishment you feel he deserved.... but, i suggest you take a day off from rescuing pigeons and teaching chimps sign language to speak with victims of child molestation before you start comparing their experiences to those of a goddamn dog.

Wow.

I was wrong, you don't sound stupid. You just sound like one huge asshole.

I made no such comparison, of course. The comparison is between the kind of sadist who molests a child and the kind of sadist who abuses animals.

They're both sadists.

And it's not the punishment Vick received that bothers me. It's the shallow, stupid assholes who want to forget what he did and turn him back into a hero just because he can run fast.

"Goddamn dog."

Wow.

yep...goddamn dog...like the big ass piece of goddamn cow i'm about to eat.

and again.....who is defending Vick's actions in this thread and who is making him out to be a hero?

nevermind....i really don't give a shit....enjoy your evening

• we're almost there :five_pager:

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    Reynaldo said:
    So it's okay to kill humans against their will if it's quick, painless, and torture-free as factory animal farming?

If they ask questions as stupid as that one, absolutely.
    What we have ^here^, gentlemen, is a speciesist hypocrite who benefits directly from animal murder.

• Options
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:
    Animal fighting is the same as slaughtering?

I guess you don't know much about the case.

Vick killed dogs by hanging them, among other methods. Dogs that didn't win or weren't good fighters were just basically executed.

If you have a strong stomach google "michael vick gypsy" and see the kind of shape one of his dogs was in when rescued. The dog survived but lost a leg. I won't post the pictures here because they're just too goddamn raw.

After being drafted and signed by the Falcons starting the dogfighting operation was one of the first things Vick did. He wasn't some poor guy doing something shitty to support himself or his family. He was a rich guy who got his rocks off by engaging in pure sadism.

And now he's got a shot at Comeback Player of the Year and another 8 figure contract. Lovely. He'll probably be grinding up puppies in a blender tonight just to celebrate his new shot. It's not like he's too good for that sort of behavior.

What punishment should a dog get for killing a cat?

Are you suggesting Vick has the same intelligence and moral sense as a dog?

U eat meat?

I don't torture it first.

I guess you don't think sadism is a character flaw.

I have sex, too, but I don't beat her up first. Get that distinction? It's sort of important.

It important to know that your meat gets slaughtered by somebody before you cop it from your BUTCHER.

That "character flaws" like whoa.

Yeah, there's no difference between causing an animal protracted, deliberate pain and slaughtering it humanely.

:face_melt:

batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:

Vick killed dogs by hanging them, among other methods. Dogs that didn't win or weren't good fighters were just basically executed.

If you have a strong stomach google "michael vick gypsy" and see the kind of shape one of his dogs was in when rescued. The dog survived but lost a leg. I won't post the pictures here because they're just too goddamn raw.

After being drafted and signed by the Falcons starting the dogfighting operation was one of the first things Vick did. He wasn't some poor guy doing something shitty to support himself or his family. He was a rich guy who got his rocks off by engaging in pure sadism.

And now he's got a shot at Comeback Player of the Year and another 8 figure contract. Lovely. He'll probably be grinding up puppies in a blender tonight just to celebrate his new shot. It's not like he's too good for that sort of behavior.

U eat meat?

I have sex, too, but I don't beat her up first. Get that distinction? It's sort of important.

It important to know that your meat gets slaughtered by somebody before you cop it from your BUTCHER.

Yeah, there's no difference between causing an animal protracted, deliberate pain and slaughtering it humanely.

What matters is that it was killed against its will.

PelvicDust said:

There sure does seem to be a whole lot of "what he did was no big deal" happening in this thread.

you lie

• Options
    edpowers said:
    PelvicDust said:
    edpowers said:
    Is anyone here defending Vick's actions or animal cruelty ? Look dude, I'm sorry Vick didn't receive the punishment you feel he deserved.... but, i suggest you take a day off from rescuing pigeons and teaching chimps sign language to speak with victims of child molestation before you start comparing their experiences to those of a goddamn dog.

Wow.

I was wrong, you don't sound stupid. You just sound like one huge asshole.

I made no such comparison, of course. The comparison is between the kind of sadist who molests a child and the kind of sadist who abuses animals.

They're both sadists.

And it's not the punishment Vick received that bothers me. It's the shallow, stupid assholes who want to forget what he did and turn him back into a hero just because he can run fast.

"Goddamn dog."

Wow.

yep...goddamn dog...like the big ass piece of goddamn cow i'm about to eat.

and again.....who is defending Vick's actions in this thread and who is making him out to be a hero?

nevermind....i really don't give a shit....enjoy your evening

I'd say the guy who plans on buying some "MV jerseys" tomorrow sure is defending him and making him out to be a hero.

But I guess you missed that one, you being NOT 12 and all.

"Goddamn dog."

Still wow.

• Options
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:

There sure does seem to be a whole lot of "what he did was no big deal" happening in this thread.

you lie

Much of the "no big deal" came directly from you.

slaughtering it humanely
    Oxymoron.

• Options
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:

U eat meat?

So Vick wouldn't even have been prosecuted in your universe. You would have given him a big sloppy Hummer commercial as a reward for screwing some pooches.

Got it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:

U eat meat?

Slaughtering it humanely? OK.

No one here called Vick a hero. That's YOUR dramatization.
    He was punished(not a bad as you'd like) and eventually got the starting QB position.

DEAL.

• Options
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:

U eat meat?

Slaughtering it humanely? OK.

No one here called Vick a hero. That's YOUR dramatization.
    He was punished(not a bad as you'd like) and eventually got the starting QB position.

DEAL.

Several people here want Vick to succeed and will be rooting for him if he does.

Deal yourself.

He'll be a hero to a shitload of people if he keeps performing well and the Eagles keep winning.

And seriously, if you don't see a difference between killing for food and killing for fun while inflicting a great deal of intentional pain, I feel sorry for you. You're just not right in the head if that's the case.

Is it? Can you really not see that distinction?

batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:

U eat meat?

So Vick wouldn't even have been prosecuted in your universe. You would have given him a big sloppy Hummer commercial as a reward for screwing some pooches.

Got it.
    I would recognize that Vick's actions toward non-human animals were in the acceptable range. The bounds of that range being deification and slaughter.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    wow, you guys finally gave in to this troll, huh?

congrats, Jim! everyone's all worked up! you did it!

"Goddamn dog."

Still wow.

"goddamn cow" didn't bother you as much, i see.

• Mr. Pelvic are you finish? It's about to be five pages !!!

PelvicDust said:
    batmon said:
    PelvicDust said:

you lie

Much of the "no big deal" came directly from you.

you lie again

• Options
    edpowers said:
    "Goddamn dog."

Still wow.

It might have if you beat the shit out of the cow and broke it's legs just for fun before it died.

Hell, maybe you did.

I mean, why not? No big deal, right? No one should hold it against you or anything.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:

People are posting about a topic that's been of national interest for several years now.

A troll would be someone who interrupted such a thread without bothering to offer an opinion about that topic.

You know, like you just did.

Do you have an opinion about the ongoing lionization of Vick or not?

SoulOnIce said:

congrats, Jim! everyone's all worked up! you did it!

Sunday Night game was boring and i dont kno anything about bay area bbq

can't say i was rooting for Vick much today....i took Detroit with the points and sat Mike on my fantasy squad.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    edpowers said:
    "Goddamn dog."

Still wow.

It might have if you beat the shit out of the cow and broke it's legs just for fun before it died.

Hell, maybe you did.

I mean, why not? No big deal, right? No one should hold it against you or anything.

PelvicDust said:
    edpowers said:
    "Goddamn dog."

Still wow.

Hell, maybe you did.

Not as big of a deal as actually KILLING the cow.

edpowers said:

Sunday Night game was boring .

so dull, it almost made me nostalgic for pre-season football.

• Options
    Reynaldo said:
    PelvicDust said:
    edpowers said:
    "Goddamn dog."

Still wow.

Hell, maybe you did.

Not as big of a deal as actually KILLING the cow.

In Reynaldoland sadism is a feature, not a bug.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Can anyone give a good reason why this thread should NOT be locked or deleted?

• Options
    mannybolone said:
    Can anyone give a good reason why this thread should NOT be locked or deleted?

Yes.

There's no good reason why it should be locked or deleted.

Many threads here get heated and aren't locked or deleted.

What exactly is different about this one?

Although I'm sure Vick's agent would be happy to see it deleted...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Because at this point, it's basically a bunch of mud slinging. Serves no purpose except for people to get on their high horse and it's not even entertaining as a trainwreck. If people want to shout at one another, do it elsewhere.

• Options
    mannybolone said:
    Because at this point, it's basically a bunch of mud slinging. Serves no purpose except for people to get on their high horse and it's not even entertaining as a trainwreck. If people want to shout at one another, do it elsewhere.

Or you could leave it up to them.

If no one had any interest in the thread it would have died on page one.

This site has an ignore function, and no one held a gun to your head and made you look. (Although it's remotely possible that Vick threatened to kill your dog unless you did so. Probably not, though.)

Start a thread of your own and see how it goes.

I'm sure someone, somewhere, is having a discussion here I don't care about. So I don't get involved in it. This is the old-fashioned way to show disinterest.

It's also the best and most rational way.

with Liberty and Justice for All!

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:
    with Liberty and Justice for All!

Yes indeedy.