FOOD(S) YOU CAN'T STAND!

124»

Comments

• Options
    I bet you would love it!

• HarveyCanal said:
    pickwick33 said:
    GRITS!!!!

tolerated 'em as a kid, but I'd have to push away from the table if I were confronted with them now

Ever had em topped with grillades? Or fish? Yum...

Sunday brunch this weekend:

Grits, 2 biscuits, scrambled eggs, and 2 Boudin patties all w/some Boudin sausage gravy.

:beerbang:

• My train going back to Memphis doesn't leave Nola until 1:45, so I need to know the essential Nola brunch spots for next Sunday...plaese to advise

willie_fugal said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    pickwick33 said:
    GRITS!!!!

tolerated 'em as a kid, but I'd have to push away from the table if I were confronted with them now

Ever had em topped with grillades? Or fish? Yum...

Sunday brunch this weekend:

Grits, 2 biscuits, scrambled eggs, and 2 Boudin patties all w/some Boudin sausage gravy.

:beerbang:

• PS....Shrimp n Grits are the business

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Almond said:
    Woimsah said:
    brokenrecord said:
    The latest I heard on cilantro:

How can you eat real tacos without a topping of onions and cilantro? Life would so sad...

Nah not really -- just have it with everything beside cilantro. Mexican food is pretty much my favorite cuisine beside bbq -- and cilantro is usually just a garnish. If it's blent into something, I usually can't taste it.

I again direct your attention to http://ihatecilantro.com/

I didn't know BBQ was a category of cuisine.

Well, perhaps it's not referred to as such normally, but if you look at the actual definition of cuisine, it certainly qualifies as such.

Definition of CUISINE
    : manner of preparing food : style of cooking; also : the food prepared

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine

• Like eating candle wax

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    cosign on licorice, shrimp, turkish delight & add shellfish.

• brokenrecord said:

I've heard of cilantro haters who worked to change their associations (by continuing to try it in yummy dishes), and they can come to love it..

That would be me.

I used to be so sensitive to cilantro, I remember eating this bowl of noodles in seattle, I was soaked and starving. I asked for no cilantro as all their dishes had cilantro, every bite I would taste it and it would make me gag. I get to the bottom of the bowl and there is a single leaf there.

Forward about 10 years, went to work on a project in costa rica in the jungle and we had the flat leaf culantro growing everywhere (very similar taste, different plant) and I really came around. Now i get it with everything.

It can be done people and opens up a lot of new foods.

• The horrifying square-shaped stuff Americans and Brits euphemistically refer to as "bread." Euroman does not approve of this nonsense.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    HerringAndVodka said:
    The horrifying square-shaped stuff Americans and Brits euphemistically refer to as "bread." Euroman does not approve of this nonsense.

this alias has potential.

• Black Licorice

Cilantro

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Polenta

• The ONLY foodstuff I can't stand is peanuts, and that is because they are the only thing I'm allergic to.

I really feel sorry for picky eaters.

• brokenrecord said:

How can you eat real tacos without a topping of onions and cilantro? Life would so sad...

i love me some Mexican style tacos with pork, cilantro and onions w/ cactus ... sooo good

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i don't understand cilantro haters

• I don't hate blueberries, but my body does since it's allergic to them.