The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Sounds good. Psyched for the big game... I have the Steelers, obviously.

HERE WE GO!

• Options
    I've been back and forth on this but I'm going with the Packers. They're healthier, their secondary is better, and the game is being played indoors.

Mostly I'd like to see a great close game and ignore the halftime show.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Aaron Rodgers-"I'm a small town guy"
    Plays: Green Bay, WI, population 102K
    Somebody needs to get this guy a dictionary.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    What the hell is Pitt doing ? Mendenhall was on a roll

Apparently there is a football game being played amongst all these commercials.

• not a good look for the Packers, Woodson, Shields & Collins all headed to the locker room early....they better hope those guys come back

look at these fuckin Black Eyed Peas, the least Fergie could do is show some cleavage.....

Risingson said:
    not a good look for the Packers, Woodson, Shields & Collins all headed to the locker room early....they better hope those guys come back

look at these fuckin Black Eyed Peas, the least Fergie could do is show some cleavage.....

Let me take a minute and say no matter what the outcome (though I'm riled up over my teams shitty performance), this is one of the WORST Superbowls I have ever seen. Horrible host city (in climate weather related), massive amounts of GREED (everything from commercials to stadium gouging), TERRIBLE field.... (how many fucking leg injuries have we seen in the first half!???) Black Eyed Pea half time show, Air force fly over on a closed roof(?), and to add insult to injury JOE BUCK IS ANNOUNCING.

:hated_it:

• ^^^ & a ballsed up Star Spangled Banner

apparently Jerry's greed in wanting a record attendance has lead to 400 being turned away due to unsafe seating.....what a greedy cunt.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    That half time show is some new next level of wack sauce. Holy shit.

• Remember when the Black Eyed Peas were good?

• What happened, my dude. Miss U.

Its obvious Troy Aikman doesn't want to criticize that terrible field.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Mickey_Perez said:
    Remember when the Black Eyed Peas were good?

:NO:

• SoulOnIce said:
    Mickey_Perez said:
    Remember when the Black Eyed Peas were good?

:NO:

First album was dope. At least 5-6 really good songs.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lol

Congrats to Green Bay. Class franchise with class players. ENJOY YOUR TIME!

Also, this was thee best season of NFL football I have ever followed. I pray there is no lock out.

• RAJ said:
    I pray there is no lock out.

+1

btw I hate seeing all the suits at the presentation, get Rodgers up there when the trophy is handed over for fuck sake.....good game in the end

• Options
    RAJ said:
    Congrats to Green Bay. Class franchise with class players. ENJOY YOUR TIME!

Also, this was thee best season of NFL football I have ever followed. I pray there is no lock out.

I hope there's no 18 game season, though.

Also, if people think Dallas has been a bad site for the Super Bowl, just wait until Indianapolis. It won't be pretty unless they get lucky and the Colts make the game.

Great game...better season

GB deserved this considering all they had to overcome this season and this game.

Pitt only ran the ball 19 times and avg almost 7yds a carry between the 3 backs...no excuse throwing the ball 40 times despite the score

Rodgers is the new Peyton....I'm sick of dude already

• Options
    Clay Matthews Jr. looks like a Hulk-ified Cameron Diaz.

It's disturbing once you realize it.

I think an 18 game season is a red herring bargaining chip to take off the table when negotiations go down. Having said that though, pre-season football does suck and is a waste of good playing weather to get people in the stands.

• Oh man that halftime was so bad. Commercials were wack. Doritos Freak was the best I guess. Oh god the Halftime though. The humanity. This is what the people want?

Props to the Packers, McCarthy, Aaron Rodgers, etc. They were ballsy to cut ties with Favre but they knew they had a young stallion in the wings. Matthews is really good.

Pittsburgh looked real out-of-sync on that last drive. Not what I was expecting at all. I had it at a good 60-70% chance Ben would lead them for the TD.

Go Labor Negotiations!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    The_Non said:

census says about 85,000 in chico. still not what i would call a small town, but not really that egregious of a statement.

Coming from a hometown of 7,000 people when I grew up, and there being NFL QBs out there like Troy Aikman who grew up in Henryetta, OK, population 6,000, I think it's kind of a ridackulous statement.

JimBeam said:
    The_Non said:

census says about 85,000 in chico. still not what i would call a small town, but not really that egregious of a statement.

All those Central Valley cities lay claim to "small town" status. It's got less to do with population and mostly to do with culture.

BTW, how viable would a class action lawsuit be against Jones for the ticket/seat snafu?

• GenePontecorvo said:
    I had it at a good 60-70% chance Ben would lead them for the TD.

Haha, how'd you calculate those odds my man?

I enjoyed watching the game. Ben had a bad night, his long ball was really off. I used to be a non-believer in Rodgers, but man did he have a come out season. It also felt like neither team ran the ball. At least it was a clean game, well officiated.

I don't know if I'm going to have people over for Super Bowl parties anymore, it was yap yap yap throughout the whole game, but quieter than a monastery during the commercials.

And yes the half time show was bad, but it was the Black Eyed Peas, what did you all expect?
    There hasn't been a good half time show since Prince, and before that who knows.
    Its a far fetched dream but I'd like to see Outkast do a half time show.

The career builder chimps in the parking lot was the best commercial.

Great season, no lockout in 2011!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I hate the Black Eyed Peas as much as anyone...but I don't think that halftime show was all that bad. They incorporated the Prarie View A&M Marching Band...although it looked like they were just dancing and not actually playing. And Fergie really butchered Sweet Child of Mine...I mean really butchered it. But hey, whatever was going on, good or bad, I stayed tuned in...which I can't say for 80% of other halftime spectacles.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    JimBeam said:
    The_Non said:

All those Central Valley cities lay claim to "small town" status. It's got less to do with population and mostly to do with culture.

During a post game interview last night, my wife was amazed that Rodgers was from California based upon his accent. He definitely rocks the Rural American dialect which I suppose is a product of Southern immigrants populating the Central Valley. I think Oliver hits the nail on the head, once you leave the coast and the major population centers, California becomes profoundly Red State.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I thought it was odd that the Peas barely even performed at all. They basically just stood there and did their lyrics while all this stuff happened around them. The closest any of them came to motion was Fergie doing that weird knees in-knees out dance.

As for the game...Raj said a few weeks back that GB had that Team of Destiny look to them, and I didn't want to admit it out loud (superstition and all that), but I agreed. And they came out and delivered, while the Steelers didn't, simple as that. Rodgers was astounding, Ben wasn't, and that last Mendenhall fumble was an absolute killer.