The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    BobDesperado said:

He is inside your head. Tonight his team won despite him, not because of him. It happens. He had a couple of good moments along the way, but he was way down on the list of the reasons the Steelers won. He'd say that himself, I think.

:icallbullshit:

I think he's inside your head. Roethlisberger made some huge plays in that game, plays that saved the game for them, plays that extended drives, he scored a TD ... saved that botched snap for a safety instead of a TD against ... he put the win away with crazy sack evasion maneuvers on the final drive to get the 2 crucial 1st downs that sealed the return to the SB. No way did they win "despite" him. You just don't like him.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:
    BobDesperado said:

He is inside your head. Tonight his team won despite him, not because of him. It happens. He had a couple of good moments along the way, but he was way down on the list of the reasons the Steelers won. He'd say that himself, I think.

:icallbullshit:

I think he's inside your head. Roethlisberger made some huge plays in that game, plays that saved the game for them, plays that extended drives, he scored a TD ... saved that botched snap for a safety instead of a TD against ... he put the win away with crazy sack evasion maneuvers on the final drive to get the 2 crucial 1st downs that sealed the return to the SB. No way did they win "despite" him. You just don't like him.

In fact I do like him as a player, and like I said he had some good moments in that game. But only someone who had never seen a football game and was related to Ben would think he was largely responsible for winning that game. The defense and the running game did the bulk of the work and deserve the bulk of the credit.

Sometimes that's how it goes, like in his first Super Bowl win.

BobDesperado said:
    But only someone who had never seen a football game blah blah blah

Funny, cause my first thought when reading your comments about Roethlisberger's game was that it seemed like you had just read the boxscore and not watched the game. I guess you were just looking away during the plays where he helped win the game as much or more than anyone else on his team.

• Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow: catchy tune but cotdamn the verses are half-ass.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow: catchy tune but cotdamn the verses are half-ass.

http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blunts/?p=6681

• HarveyCanal said:
    DustedDon said:
    "...with no running game whatsoever".

who needs a running game when you have A. Rodgers and the best receiving core in the NFL. Rodgers still had a great game even know they lost.

Um, with no running game, no Super Bowl...no chance in fact.

well the Pack had enough of a running game to get there. they won't need it however when Rodgers passes all over Pitts crappy cornerbacks...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DustedDon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    DustedDon said:
    "...with no running game whatsoever".

who needs a running game when you have A. Rodgers and the best receiving core in the NFL. Rodgers still had a great game even know they lost.

Um, with no running game, no Super Bowl...no chance in fact.

well the Pack had enough of a running game to get there. they won't need it however when Rodgers passes all over Pitts crappy cornerbacks...

No doubt, they quickly developed a running game by way of Starks. He was eating up those ~9 yard runs like a banshee yesterday.

b/w

What a boring game that was...wish I had those 3+ hours of my life back.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:
    BobDesperado said:
    But only someone who had never seen a football game blah blah blah

Funny, cause my first thought when reading your comments about Roethlisberger's game was that it seemed like you had just read the boxscore and not watched the game. I guess you were just looking away during the plays where he helped win the game as much or more than anyone else on his team.

Stick to hockey. That blah blah blah stuff works better for that sport.

The Steelers won that game with a great first half, primarily, and Ben played like shit in that first half. If you think he had as much to do with the win as Mendenhall or the linebacking corps did then you're an NFL neophyte.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Bob, leave hockey outta this, k?

• Options
    cove said:
    Bob, leave hockey outta this, k?

Well, okay.

• Saw a big chink in Aaron Rodgers armor when he got popped by Peppers. Dude looked shook the rest of the game. I'm worried about the boy, the Steelers will tee off.

I'd like to see Charles Woodson get a ring after being denied one by that awful Brady Rule bs back when he was a Raider.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    I'd like to see Charles Woodson get a ring after being denied one by that awful Brady Rule bs back when he was a Raider.

Would that be enough to make you Bradyphobes stop whining?

Probably not.

Again Pats-fan, locate a mirror already. Y'all have won how many rings, and y'all stay whining more than anybody. Begging people to pull for your good-guy Pats versus the bad-guy Jets was a new low.

BobDesperado said:
    If you think he had as much to do with the win as Mendenhall or the linebacking corps did then you're an NFL neophyte.

No, it just means I don't agree with you. Neither did the commentators during the game, or Rich Eisen, Deion Sanders, Steve Mariuchi or Michael Ervin, who all agreed on NFL Gameday that Ben had a great game and stepped up big when needed, especially at the end to seal the victory ... you know, the important part of a game when a quarterback needs to make big plays to keep his team ahead, when Ben made 2 huge first downs despite rabid pressure from the Jets and barely any open receivers.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    Again Pats-fan, locate a mirror already. Y'all have won how many rings, and y'all stay whining more than anybody. Begging people to pull for your good-guy Pats versus the bad-guy Jets was a new low.

You must be talking about someone else, since I've never done any such thing.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:
    BobDesperado said:
    If you think he had as much to do with the win as Mendenhall or the linebacking corps did then you're an NFL neophyte.

No, it just means I don't agree with you. Neither did the commentators during the game, or Rich Eisen, Deion Sanders, Steve Mariuchi or Michael Ervin, who all agreed on NFL Gameday that Ben had a great game and stepped up big when needed, especially at the end to seal the victory ... you know, the important part of a game when a quarterback needs to make big plays to keep his team ahead, when Ben made 2 huge first downs despite rabid pressure from the Jets and barely any open receivers.

Of course he made some plays. He has the ball in his hands on every offensive possession. If he didn't make any plays his team has no chance of winning at all.

That's a long way from having a great game, though. If you think he played better than the defense or Mendenhall did we're watching different sports.

Also, who is Michael Ervin? Is he related to Magic Johnson?

ZOMG A TYPO!!1!!

You are the most boring person to argue with in the history of the internet.

I forgot how vastly unrewarding it is. I'll go back to ignoring you now, thanks!

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:
    ZOMG A TYPO!!1!!

You are the most boring person to argue with in the history of the internet.

I forgot how vastly unrewarding it is. I'll go back to ignoring you now, thanks!

Thank Chrust!

(That was a "typo," too.)

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I don't understand how GB opened as a 3pt favorite over Pitt......The line is down 1/2pt already.

• MCL sprain for Cutler.....now if Phillip Rivers can play an entire AFC Championship with a torn ACL surely Cutler could have manned up & got back in?? Or are we all being too harsh because we know Cutler is an asshole?

As my friend put it yesterday..."if his knee is hurt, why is he walking just fine around the sidelines with no medics paying any attention to him?"

• Options
    Risingson said:
    Or are we all being too harsh because we know Cutler is an asshole?

Indubitably.

• Who is watching the Pro Bowl? A bunch of pros being all half assed, yawn.
    I'm already looking ahead to next Sunday, my favorite tv holiday.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    edpowers said:
    I don't understand how GB opened as a 3pt favorite over Pitt......The line is down 1/2pt already.

6th seed and no one on the team has a ring and we're the under dogs?

:liljohn:

I've been really calm and collected about this game. All we need to do is give Rodgers one big wallup and I think he's gonna be running scurred.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    Who is watching the Pro Bowl? A bunch of pros being all half assed, yawn.
    I'm already looking ahead to next Sunday, my favorite tv holiday.

I gave up on the Pro Bowl last year when player fill ins got so bad that David Garrard ended up playing QB for the AFC.......no comments on Jeff Fishers ousting in TN?? Dude was coaching when they were still the Oilers!! the 20th century just slipped that little bit further away....

• RAJ said:
    edpowers said:

6th seed and no one on the team has a ring and we're the under dogs?

With all do respect to the Steelers, rings and experience didn't help the Colts last year, or the Patriots in '08. And the '06 steelers didn't have a whole lot of Super bowl experience and came out as the sixth seed and were a 4 point favorite.

I've been really calm and collected about this game. All we need to do is give Rodgers one big wallup and I think he's gonna be running scurred.

My concerns is that the Packers are not a good fourth quarter team, their play calling, on both sides of the ball, goes soft and conservative. And the receivers don't always hold on to the rock.

Odd to say as Packer fan, but I'm glad this game is on turf and I think BJ Raji and Jenkins are going to have a field day on the Steelers interior O-line.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Risingson said:
    MCL sprain for Cutler.....now if Phillip Rivers can play an entire AFC Championship with a torn ACL surely Cutler could have manned up & got back in?? Or are we all being too harsh because we know Cutler is an asshole?

Rivers played like shit, too, and helped cost the Chargers a Super Bowl bid. They had a better shot with Volek, but sadly, you get praise from the knuckle-dragging fans/media by stinking it up on the field and further risking health and shit on by stepping down, not ignoring the medical staff, and doing what gives your team the best chance to win. Cutler has been shit on the last week since he didn't "look like" he was injured enough (and being known as an asshole doesn't help, for sure). A shame, really.

• If the Steelers win their 7th Super Bowl title next weekend, that means that the Steelers would have just as many Super Bowl titles as the:

Ravens
    Bengals
    Browns
    Rams
    Chiefs
    Bears
    Jets
    Buccaneers
    Saints
    Vikings
    Bills
    Eagles