NBA OFFSEASON 2010: BRONMANIA aka FA INSANITY

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    If I'm not mistaken Isaiah went contract crazy and gave the Knicks the highest payroll in the NBA and never gave them a winning record afterward.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Reportedly without Walsh's consent

Simply incredible

In fact, over his explicit objections. Walsh met with Isiah specifically to tell him that he did not want him working for the Knicks. On top of that, it seems nobody in the Knicks office wanted Isiah back except James Dolan.

Allegedly he's just a 'consultant' now, but the NYC sports writers seem convinced that this is the beginning of his return to GM.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Knicks didnt have the highest payroll in the NBA BEFORE Thomas arrived???

Since when is overspending been a crime in NYC?

They were on some tight budget before Isiah got there?

As I recall Curry wasnt the total flop he was once he got to NYC. Thomas took a chance on dude and it backfired big time. He wasnt a bum when he first arrived. Dude devolved into a total bum.

The ship had long sank on the Knick way before Thomas arrived. Dude did some gambling and he's become to the media the "tanker of the Frachise". Get the fuck outta here.

Where was this hatt when the previous GM and Coaches manned the helm.

As much as the media casts the dude as some villian, he is well liked amongst the players.

Where is Larry Bird's criticism? How long does he need to rescue the Pacers before he's cast in a bad light?

Yes - I like Isiah. He was handed a fucked up situation and made it "worse".

Jesus and Gary Coleman couldnt run the Knicks w/ those fuckin owners.

• i know professional sports in kanada don't register in your thought process, but he needed blackwater to get him to the border in one piece after what he did with the raps.

no one likes isiah thomas. professionally and personally. id bet that even joe dumars wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Here's something to chew on:

"[The Heat] will break the single-season win record [of 72],'' Jeff Van Gundy said. "And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers' 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year.

"They have put together a much better roster than anybody could ever have expected,'' Van Gundy added. "There is now no good way to defend them. They are unguardable. They are indefensible. They are just too good and have added so much shooting and are so versatile that they will score at will.

"And with Erik Spoelstra coaching, they will be in the top three defensive teams in the league, as well. The other 29 teams better hope the lockout gets moved up a year.''

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/07/1766361/abcs-van-gundy-heat-will-break.html#ixzz0w8fMNURN

vintageinfants said:
    i know professional sports in kanada don't register in your thought process, but he needed blackwater to get him to the border in one piece after what he did with the raps.

no one likes isiah thomas. professionally and personally. id bet that even joe dumars wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire.

Thats' str8 utter bullshit. Your hypnotized by the media.

Isiah has great repoor w/ many of the NBA players. So much that he was gtanted a frontman position in trying to get LeBron in NYC. Just because of his connections w/ many cats in the L.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/27/sports/sports-of-the-times-the-long-drifting-knicks-have-finally-found-an-anchor.html?ref=williamcrhoden

• batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i know professional sports in kanada don't register in your thought process, but he needed blackwater to get him to the border in one piece after what he did with the raps.

Isiah has great repoor w/ many of the NBA players. So much that he was gtanted a frontman position in trying to get LeBron in NYC. Just because of his connections w/ many cats in the L.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/27/sports/sports-of-the-times-the-long-drifting-knicks-have-finally-found-an-anchor.html?ref=williamcrhoden

sooooooo........ you're citing the new york media to inform me that im hypnotized by the media?

fallacy abound!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

"[The Heat] will break the single-season win record [of 72],'' Jeff Van Gundy said. "And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers' 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year.

"They have put together a much better roster than anybody could ever have expected,'' Van Gundy added. "There is now no good way to defend them. They are unguardable. They are indefensible. They are just too good and have added so much shooting and are so versatile that they will score at will.

"And with Erik Spoelstra coaching, they will be in the top three defensive teams in the league, as well. The other 29 teams better hope the lockout gets moved up a year.''

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/07/1766361/abcs-van-gundy-heat-will-break.html#ixzz0w8fMNURN

Fuck outta here with that bullshit, JVG.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:

In retrospect, a lot of the quotes in that article are straight comedy:

''As long as the owner and the president agree, there is a vision,'' Houston said. ''Sometimes we didn't know what that was. I think now there will be one. We have to just move towards it.''

"'Right now, we're a team devoid of values,'' Thomas said. ''The first thing I noticed about our team when I looked at them, there was a loss of respect, no sense of pride, a team that had almost lost their dignity. As men. The first thing I want to do is restore their pride back, give them their respect back and give them their dignity back so they can walk out on the floor and feel good about what they're doing and how they're performing. ''Before you can get the talent, you got to define who you are. Right now, when you look at the Knicks, it's a team that kind of lost its identity.''

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:

sooooooo........ you're citing the new york media to inform me that im hypnotized by the media?

And a seven year-old article to boot.

Yes, Isiah was highly regarded then. Seven years of bufoonery, disgrace and despicable treatment to his co-workers and players erased all of that.

And yes, he was the frontman in the Lebron chase. That worked out real well.

Horseleech said:
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:

And a seven year-old article to boot.

Yes, Isiah was highly regarded then. Seven years of bufoonery, disgrace and despicable treatment to his co-workers and players erased all of that.

And yes, he was the frontman in the Lebron chase. That worked out real well.

Can you give me some examples of "despicable" treatment towards Knick Players? I know u aint talmbout Marbury.

He was recruited to swoon Lebron in the eleveth hour, way after the rest the numbnuts had no chance of even getting a meeting w/ him.

Im inciting William C. Rhoden, who hasnt been a part fo the usual "over the top" character smeer campaigns that yall have fell for.

batmon said:

Can you give me some examples of "despicable" treatment towards Knick Players? I know u aint talmbout Marbury.

I'll let Marbury speak for himself:

" Marbury, the linchpin acquisition of the Thomas era, once regarded the former Knicks president as a father figure.

"You can't judge a book by its cover," Marbury said. "I thought it was real."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/steph_good_luck_with_isiah_nyc_iwQ0pciucLy8ql0pqpMEEL#ixzz0w975t5Qi

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Sup Drew,

ESPN pre-season rankings got them #1 in the East.

I do think they're gonna be elite cuz the three superstars got good basketball IQ and obviously incredible talent. Much like the Boston big three. They also added some great role players like Eddie House and Mike Miller, on top of what they already had in Mario Chalmers and Udonis Haslem.

I say get Bosh in the paint as often as possible, then they'll be consistent enough to be contenders. Even if everything doesn't fall into place this season, they're gonna be good for many years.

Horseleech said:
    batmon said:

" Marbury, the linchpin acquisition of the Thomas era, once regarded the former Knicks president as a father figure.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/steph_good_luck_with_isiah_nyc_iwQ0pciucLy8ql0pqpMEEL#ixzz0w975t5Qi

The New Yprk Post says it all dude.

b/w

GTFOHWTB

yuichi said:
    I say get Bosh in the paint as often as possible, then they'll be consistent enough to be contenders..

Good luck on gettin a finesse player to get in the paint. Maybe w/ age he'll gain wieght and play more inside, but dude isnt a Low Post Beast like that.

batmon said:
    Horseleech said:
    batmon said:

Please to share your 'insider' sources, since you seem to know things nobody else does.

Or don't. If you want to romp with Isiah in your private mind garden don't let me stop you.

Horseleech said:
    batmon said:
    Horseleech said:
    batmon said:

Please to share your 'insider' sources, since you seem to know things nobody else does.

Or don't. If you want to romp with Isiah in your private mind garden don't let me stop you.

Please expand on your private mind garden's "despicable treatment" towards PLAYERS (plural).
    Marbury as an example keeps you at zero.

Ive already gave my one example of Thomas pull w/ players.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I know some of the players who played against him, and even some who once considered him a good friend, have no love for Thomas.

Ask Magic.

Plus that sexual harrasment suit get's 99% of the country fired with NO hope of being re-hired.

Rockadelic said:
    Plus that sexual harrasment suit get's 99% of the country fired with NO hope of being re-hired.

Agreed.

If the Knicks were winning during his tenure I bet that shit would have been spin-doctored.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

Agreed.

If the Knicks were winning during his tenure I bet that shit would have been spin-doctored.

The fact that he has never won as a coach or GM should be reason enough for him not to be hired back.

Certainly there are plenty of up and coming young coaches that would be stupid enough to work for the Dolan's for a chance to coach in the big L.

And as far as his players liking Isiah, I know if I was Jerome James or Steve Francis I would LOVE me some Isiah Thomas!!

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:

Agreed.

The fact that he has never won as a coach or GM should be reason enough for him not to be hired back.

Certainly there are plenty of up and coming young coaches that would be stupid enough to work for the Dolan's for a chance to coach in the big L.

And as far as his players liking Isiah, I know if I was Jerome James or Steve Francis I would LOVE me some Isiah Thomas!!

I dont think he should return. The Knicks are doomed.
    How many Hall Of Famers have run thru that franchise to fail?

Don Nelson, Lenny Wilkins, Larry Brown - all failed

For the record, that video clip is not Stephon Marbury. Dude has a bigger dome and some tats.

yuichi said:
    For the record, that video clip is not Stephon Marbury. Dude has a bigger dome and some tats.

Marbury spoof - GIT FAM.

It looks like Isiah is not returning to the Knicks (for now):

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-knicks-thomas

So... super-genius Wile E.Dolan managed to generate all the ill will without getting his man, by offering him a contract that anybody could have told him violated league rules .

Might have posted this before, but Derrick Rose vs Tyreke Evans HS battle

Will New York get duped again in the summer of 2011??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-MeloFuture

• Options

JD and the Straight Shot. JD is James Dolan, owner of the Knicks.