Red Dead Redemption

13»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dubious said:
    been mainl;y playing online with friends and solo. Nothing more satisfying than possee action - take it to a fort in mexico with cannons and gattling guns and HOSE the mexican army.

The soundtrack is absolutely spot on FANTASTIC sets the tone perfectly.

how's the "story" if you decide to play as a bad guy? i like hte campiang but restraining myself to keep my honour is FRUSTRATING.

I went thru the STORY first and was blown away.

Online is cool. Shooting 16 year olds is hella fun. Ive already LEGENDED up w/ no desire to get to Legend 2-5. Fuck a donkey.

Posse vs Posse is that shit. But its kinda hard to keep two teams of 16 year olds focused.

Tmmw the DLC will be available. Co-op steez.

I spoke w/ some Rockstar reps yesterday at My bike race, and i hope to cop some promo items.

I tried the EVIL thang for a minute and i just couldnt do it. Just shooting folks randomly and getttin chased by the authorities. Ive got too much other shit to do. Maybe ill get EVIL after the initail story "ends" and u play w/ ...........

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Man I just saw Rockstar is releasing add ons - missions with zombies for the single player mode - goodie.

That multiplayer is a lot of fun - still enjoying the hell out of this. makes the ps3 purchase worthwile.

Undead Nightmare Pack

Ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong:

- Release date: TBC;

- Brand new single-player adventure, challenges and quests;

- 8 new multiplayer zombie characters;

- Additional animals unleashed in the world;

- New dynamic events and more;

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Still only played the multiplayer once as to my shame MP still = MW2 to me but will be picking up the single player pack on the day of release. Can't really go wrong with zombie cowboys.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    i played bare amounts of it over the summer, i thought it was cool. the multiplayer sucks tho.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    batmon said:
    Posse vs Posse is that shit. But its kinda hard to keep two teams of 16 year olds focused.

Haha, reel talk. I haven't played too much online at all. In fact, still mired in Mexico on the single-player mission. Haven't been at the game as much as I would like.

But cosign on the soundtrack. There are a lot of different small atmospheric pieces that are great, with each one setting a nice mood for the different locations in the game.

I preordered the game from Amazon and it ended up including:

1.) $20 gift card to Amazon
    2.) $5 worth of downloads from Amazon's video store
    3.) A code where all your guns in the game turn gold
    4.) Free download of the soundtrack from Rockstar

It was the first game I had ever preordered and, cot damn, I will do that again with the quickness if it includes that many extras.

Ive been grindin on this shit since it came out.

I just did the "Boat" trick today w/ a wagon.

The invisible room in Mexico is hilarious.

Meeting up w/ players all across the world is real cool.

Mad Amercians are so foul towards British and French kids. Its fuckin silly.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    i played bare amounts of it

Bareness.

Rich45s said:
    Quite happy to Posse up (Ayo?) with anyone, preferably on roughly GMT timezones doe.

Who wants to make a SoulStrut Team - PS3 dudes?

My Posse will wet ya.

BATMON77

• i got this on xbox, and its buggy as fuck for me sometimes where actions that require button responses (Y to pick up flowers) just wont work.

It kinda makes the experience a little frustrating. And then add on the fact that my next mission is cattle herding and im set for shutting the shit off because the last thing i want to do in a video gmae is stare at digital cattle from the back side.

played the online a tad, will go back to that most likely. i'll probably finish the one player as well, im still really early in the story i just did the first mission for the elixir salesman.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    batmon said:
    Rich45s said:
    Quite happy to Posse up (Ayo?) with anyone, preferably on roughly GMT timezones doe.

My Posse will wet ya.

BATMON77

im down, i just started playing a couple days ago tho. ps3 id is edulus

edulus said:
    batmon said:
    Rich45s said:

My Posse will wet ya.

BATMON77

im down, i just started playing a couple days ago tho. ps3 id is edulus

No doubt.

But get your game up. Im not holding no noobys hand.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    yeah um down as well user name: dj_cityboy

although i just bought a house i dont have the interwebage set up yet, but um up for some posse wrangling when all is geared up!

• Amazing game, great fun. Also:

http://www.eurogamer.nl/videos/red-dead-redemption-time-lapse-2

DAMN

PSN: Naginata

goodie goodie

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I noticed WaxPo is releasing the soundtrack from this on vinyl.

I haven't played a video game since Galaxian was big - is the music from this good?

Horseleech said:
    I noticed WaxPo is releasing the soundtrack from this on vinyl.

I haven't played a video game since Galaxian was big - is the music from this good?

The music is very incidental - its mostly touches - hard to see it as a soundtrack. Ill stick to my Morricones.