Red Dead Redemption

JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Tried to bump the old thread but failed miserably.

So, after all the delays the game is out in America and comes out here this Friday. While it will be a welcome relief from the MW2 abuse I'm currently putting myself through am now in the tricky position of having to make a call on which system to get it on. By all accounts out so far the 360 version plays smoother and is also 7 quid cheaper on Amazon however my "real" friend list is longer on PS3 so if it is a proper multiplayer experience I may be torn the other way.Who's picked it up/got it on pre-order?

Comments

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    After deciding to wait for a supermarket deal. I broke last night and ordered it from The Hut. I went through quidco so got ?2.50ish off, so got it all told for about 32.50 on the 360. Been despatched this morning!

Happy days.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Cant wait to cop this - virtual holiday for real.

bloody typical.

15% off anything at Tesco Entertainment online

FTSL15-1

Dunno what pushes that price down to though

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah been going back and forth on where to get it to ensure it arrives on Friday, whether to piss about with the extra bonuses from certain suppliers (Amazon Golden Guns etc) and, most importantly, what bloody system to get it on.

I think, though I'll miss playing online with friends, I'll have to go with the 360 as initial feedback seems to suggest it's superior, it's cheaper on Amazon, I liked the controller when playing GTA IV on there and if it's like any other sandbox game the multiplayer will be of limited fun anyway.....

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Holy Shit:

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    This is officially on my list of things to play, but Gamefly sent Alan Wake first.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Copped it on Amazon pre-order for the PS3. Hopefully they ship it out today. Looking forward to getting together a posse.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    my dude who works at best buy copped for me at the opening bell this morning. now all i have to do is get this work day over with and blackout on the bigs screen. apparently if you buy two at the big box, you get 15% off the purchase of both.

will another ps3 role call be necessary?

fuck, just read some reviews. I think I need to cop at lunch ($25 gift card with purchase at Toys R Us from 10-2? yes plz). Now to decide in the next 5 mins if I should get Xbox or Ps3.

Well if it's any help I've spent most of today reading NeoGaf and other sources on this.

The generally accepted verdict is that the Xbox 360 version is slightly superior graphic wise with less jaggy edges, better AA and no motion blur.
    Nothing more major than that though.

I ended up going for the 360 as this was as good an excuse as any to choose from.

Well if it's any help I've spent most of today reading NeoGaf and other sources on this.

The generally accepted verdict is that the Xbox 360 version is slightly superior graphic wise with less jaggy edges, better AA and no motion blur.
    Nothing more major than that though.

I ended up going for the 360 as this was as good an excuse as any to choose from.

That, b/w more friends on Live vs. PSN = sold.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

It was the being friends with me on Xbox Live that done it.

LOL. I don't know if I can face being shamed on any more FPS games so maybe a posse approach is the way to go.

copp'd

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    grabbed it at lunch... got a free blu ray copy of good the bad and the ugly thrown in too boot!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

Tried to do the same on Sat. Shit wasn't happenin'

New trailer looks hot.

I'm not into gaming really. But that shit is making me want to buy a system

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    grabbed it at lunch... got a free blu ray copy of good the bad and the ugly thrown in too boot!

HAWT!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Copped - Pre-order Midnite release - Drunk - playin since midnight w/ one nap....

DOPE

Quite happy to Posse up (Ayo?) with anyone, preferably on roughly GMT timezones doe.

Good timing though with, footy season ending, my Sky HD going bang at the weekend and the engineer not coming til Wed, and a bank holiday coming up.

I gotta run thru the story before i do the online thing.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Preordered on Amazon after I thought I was going to get rid of my PS3. Pretty sure this will be my last game (although I said that a while back too) but man does this shit look crazy.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I added a bunch of people from here on the PS3 network and I think everyone accepted me as a friend (except Batmon). Should anyone else be down to run the posse down Broadway, or Main Street as it were, you can hit me up as: mhirtz[/b]. However, I am GMT +5.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    joelkbo. eastern standard time.

There's a predictably detailed comparison of screenshots on NeoGaf:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395669&page=15

Helped me with my two platform dithering but generally don't think it's going to be a major drawback playing it on PS3.

I added a bunch of people from here on the PS3 network and I think everyone accepted me as a friend (except Batmon). Should anyone else be down to run the posse down Broadway, or Main Street as it were, you can hit me up as: mhirtz[/b]. However, I am GMT +5.

Soulstrut Posse on RDR.........

BATMON77

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    So can you still bang a hooker, then kill her and take your money back?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    So can you still bang a hooker, then kill her and take your money back?

There are alot of "ladies of the night" in the game, and I havent seen that option.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I tried multiplayer last night. After a few gang matches I finally figured out why I was only getting 2-3 kills per match. I had no idea there was built in auto-aim. Manual aiming without the option to change rotation sensitivity is a bitch.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

So, after all the delays the game is out in America and comes out here this Friday. While it will be a welcome relief from the MW2 abuse I'm currently putting myself through am now in the tricky position of having to make a call on which system to get it on. By all accounts out so far the 360 version plays smoother and is also 7 quid cheaper on Amazon however my "real" friend list is longer on PS3 so if it is a proper multiplayer experience I may be torn the other way.

Who's picked it up/got it on pre-order?

Excuse my disconnectedness but it looks like Gun with better graphics (?)