Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    Red Dead Revolver (the game that redemption is a sequel to, came out before Gun)

get familiar!

(multi is really fun, seems similar to GTA4 but more refined, which is nice.)

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I'm not into gaming really. But that shit is making me want to buy a system

Do it DOR, you know it makes sense. Money saved by loss of social life easily outweighs cost of the console

Just had game delivered through letterbox. Now comes the battle of wills as I try to resist it's temptations during work time.

Once I'm up and rolling we'll have to sort out that 360 posse.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Yeah I got my copy delivered, will have to posse up later (no brokeback).

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Yeah I got my copy delivered, will have to posse up later (no brokeback).

I can't quit you!

Got my copy yesterday. Definitely some desolate, desperado vibes. Spent some time sorting out of the controls -- the horse-riding seems janky at times but it is cool the way that it plays fast and loose when the steed really picks up speed. One of the first missions I did was following around a dog as part of a one dog/one man night-watch crew. That was a little degrading but the dog did a solid job in alerting me to a thief, whom I subsequently shot in the face. Also skinned four coyotes. All in all a pretty decent day.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    loved that wild horse catching in the middle of a thunderstorm -

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I havent put this down since monday

• Controls are easy to get the hang of...side missions and mini-games are fun...story is generic but enjoyable...great characters...man this is an awesome game.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I lost about 18 hours of my life to this game over the weekend.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I just "finished" it.

I wish I learned how to play Poker. I need some tutorials.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I just "finished" it.

Ha -- I have been wasting too much time taking all these dudes money in cards, to the expense of the rest of the actual game. Blackjack seems an easier way to get a ton of chips than in Hold 'Em. I can't quite get the hang of that knife game, though.

I just "finished" it.

Ha -- I have been wasting too much time taking all these dudes money in cards, to the expense of the rest of the actual game. Blackjack seems an easier way to get a ton of chips than in Hold 'Em. I can't quite get the hang of that knife game, though.

Yeah Blackjack is hella easier.
    Five Finger Filet is way too hard. I'm savin that shit for last.

U get the Poker Costume yet - where u can cheat when wearin it?

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    I played Alan Wake this weekend instead of this so I could send it back to Gamefly.

I feel like I chose wrong.

I just "finished" it.

Yeah Blackjack is hella easier.
    Five Finger Filet is way too hard. I'm savin that shit for last.

U get the Poker Costume yet - where u can cheat when wearin it?

Managed to do the right thing and resist it Friday but succumbed to it Saturday and lost most of the weekend. Picked up the Poker costume but seem to get caught every time I cheat at Poker which on the plus side does let me spread my fame through duels but on the negative side meant that when I had finished I had no one left at the Poker table to play .

Not sure how big the main story is as seem to be quite far along already so started going off on the side missions which are generally great fun.

I have to say that lassoing and dragging someone behind my horse would have been worse the price of the game alone but there's so much atmosphere etc to the game I'm absolutely loving the experience.

Also, finally, a regenerating health bar.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    For those morally ambiguous souls like myself, the bandana is so necessary.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I'm so bad at herding shit and half the time when I see a shootout in the middle of no where I end up shooting cops.

Ha! I did this the first time I saw someone running away. Thought I'd be the good samaritan and take out his pursuers only to see the sheriff badges after I'd shot them.

After that I just started to lasso them instead though noted that the hogtied captives I brought back were summarily executed by the deputies with a shot to the head.

Has anyone completed all the challenges (sharpshooter, survivalist, hunter etc.) yet? The one where you have to kill five wolves with a knife? gnarly

Only really started exploring this Sunday when I realised I was chipping through the main storyline a bit quickly. Done a fair few of the sharpshooter and hunter ones though enjoying roaming around on the treasure hunts the most while resisting the urge to look up their location on google.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    yeah i shot a few joe citizens when they've mistakenly ridden through the middle of my gunfight.

Has anyone completed all the challenges (sharpshooter, survivalist, hunter etc.) yet? The one where you have to kill five wolves with a knife? gnarly

I finished the Treasure Maps.

Im at level 7 w/ Sharpshoooter - i have to shoot 3 bears in the face and kill them w/ one shot.

I got straight mauled by a bear twice up in that bitch.

Ive been tryin to stab 2 cougars to get to level 7 in hunter

My Flower/Herb gathering steez is at Level 8.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Anyone come across any of the glitches? Pretty funny shit.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=19696

I finished the Treasure Maps.

Im at level 7 w/ Sharpshoooter - i have to shoot 3 bears in the face and kill them w/ one shot.

I got straight mauled by a bear twice up in that bitch.

My Flower/Herb gathering steez is at Level 8.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Anyone feeling the soundtrack? produced by David Holmes

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I shoulda never bought this game. :grin:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    day said:
    I shoulda never bought this game. :grin:
    Haha, I beat the story about a week ago and quickly sold it because I knew I could spend a lot more hours just doing random shit.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    staxwax said:

100% complete :get_on_my_level:

piedpiper said:
    staxwax said:

100% complete :get_on_my_level:

:latte:

Ive moved onto online multi-player and started a new EVIL single player campaign

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    been mainl;y playing online with friends and solo. Nothing more satisfying than possee action - take it to a fort in mexico with cannons and gattling guns and HOSE the mexican army.

The soundtrack is absolutely spot on FANTASTIC sets the tone perfectly.

how's the "story" if you decide to play as a bad guy? i like hte campiang but restraining myself to keep my honour is FRUSTRATING.