iPad revisted

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    top button

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The new IPad 2 is being released very soon. Unveiling on march 2.

Should I return my Ipad and cop the new joint?

Slimmer q/ front and back cameras.

My return date isnt over yet.

• Yes

I gave in my Ipad yesterday. Cant wait till next friday.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    batmon said:

Is this if you bought at Best Buy only?

Garcia_Vega said:
    batmon said:

Is this if you bought at Best Buy only?

Yeah i copped at Best Buy. I got store credit w/. Gift card. Will use it next week.

I stiil dont really see a bunch of APPS that I need.

Critique pleez.

• Options
    I heard you can DL textbooks on it for college courses. Is that true?

soulone said:

yeah, theres an Education APP.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    will you be waiting in line or ordering it from the web? will there be crazy line frenzy or can i roll in a store after work and coppeth? bummed there is no preorder option...

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    between longreads.com and instapaper, i never lack for something to read. other than an expensive ipod/kindle, i use it for netflix and the occasional game of scrabble.

• Options
    So, It has lowered the cost of a lot of stuff?

Any idea how many people it may have put out of business?

• batmon said:
    soulone said:

yeah, theres an Education APP.

wow, never thought about that. those rip off Barnes and Noble bookstores used to charge like $600-$700 for college textbooks each semester. and the trade in credit percentage was worse than Princeton Record Exchange's.

i guess nowadays kids could just buy an iPad and fill it with .PDFs off an academic version of soulseek.

• I was extremely skeptical of the iPad at first, and still think it lacks a lot to be desired in terms of productivity/work applications (not what it was ever intended for, I think), but must say that it has legitimately improved the way I consume media. Using Flip Board in unison with Google Reader is a game changer! Also, for those who were put off by the lack of Flash support, you can view most flash videos by using the Skyfire Browser. The social media widgets are pretty useless but the rest of the browser is rather impressive. Youtube is also slowly converting many of it's videos to HTML5.

Has anyone managed to upgrade to 4.2 and then jailbreak? I'm currently on a 3.2.2 limera1n JB. Most new versions of apps are requiring at the bare minimum 4.0+. I need the Pennant app and MLB At Bat 2011 in my life a.s.a.p.

The iPad 2 looks good. I'm tempted by the A5 processor but other than that I could live without the cameras.

anasarcasm said:
    The iPad 2 looks good.

Copped. Went from 60 something to the 14th in line for 20 bucks.

• http://www.apple.com/ios/

Personal Hotspot for iPhone 4
    Get online in more places.

On the road, in an airport, at the park ??? now you can bring Wi-Fi with you wherever you go. Download iOS 4.3 on your iPhone 4, and the next time you find yourself without access to Wi-Fi but in 3G territory, enable Personal Hotspot and share your cellular data connection with your Mac, PC, iPad, or other Wi-Fi-capable device. You can share your connection with up to five devices at once over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB ??? with up to three of those connections using Wi-Fi.4 Every connection is password protected and secure. And it???s power friendly, too. iPhone detects when your Personal Hotspot is no longer in use and turns it off to save battery life.

Im not musician but im thinkin bout coppin Garageband.

Critique pleez.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    batmon said:
    Im not musician but im thinkin bout coppin Garageband.

Critique pleez.
    incredible value for 5 bux

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    http://www.apple.com/ios/

On the road, in an airport, at the park ??? now you can bring Wi-Fi with you wherever you go. Download iOS 4.3 on your iPhone 4, and the next time you find yourself without access to Wi-Fi but in 3G territory, enable Personal Hotspot and share your cellular data connection with your Mac, PC, iPad, or other Wi-Fi-capable device. You can share your connection with up to five devices at once over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB ??? with up to three of those connections using Wi-Fi.4 Every connection is password protected and secure. And it???s power friendly, too. iPhone detects when your Personal Hotspot is no longer in use and turns it off to save battery life.

"AT&T will charge $20 per month for iPhone 4 users to take advantage of the iOS 4.3 Personal Hotspot feature."

Fuck that.

Does one need internet access all the time?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    batmon said:

Duh.

batmon said:

Duh.

Herm said:
    batmon said:

Duh.

During sex?

batmon said:
    Herm said:
    batmon said:

Duh.

During sex?

FOR sex!

• mannybolone said:
    vintageinfants said:
    http://www.apple.com/ios/

"AT&T will charge $20 per month for iPhone 4 users to take advantage of the iOS 4.3 Personal Hotspot feature."

Fuck that.

that's not even saving you any money then. update nullified.

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    Herm said:
    ill pass thank you

I dont really use the camera.

Netflix is fuckin wack. Most of the shit i want is disc only or not available.

Their library is crazy suspect.

Fuck a mail in cd.

Stream all that shit.

• batmon said:
    Netflix is fuckin wack. Most of the shit i want is disc only or not available.

Their library is crazy suspect.

Fuck a mail in cd.

Stream all that shit.

It's not that bad. I watch the first two seasons of Dexter, Weeds is on there too.

Plus they are investing most of their money into expanding their streaming library instead of licensing dvd's to mail, and expect to be a solely streaming service in the future.

Some more streaming favorites:

Eternal Sunshine
    Everything is Illuminated
    Prison Break
    Oldboy
    Black Dynamite
    Wonderboys
    Battlestar Galactica
    A Clockwork Orange
    The Shining

I have to scrape their bottom barrel for shit i like.

Too much of their shit is unavailable or cd delivery only.

My coworker was makin it seem like their tv library was deep like that. FAIL.

I did watch A Hero Aint Nothin But A Sandwich. Lamer from revenge the nerd does his thang plus the high school was Carver, the sameone in The White Shadow.

And Kevin Hooks/Thorpe plays the drug dealer.

Krull is next up.