NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Did anyone read the Eddy Curry blog article? Dude makes $10 mill. for 7 games, pays $1k/mo for cable and satellite, somehow owes Juwan Howard $350k and is broke?
    Also took out a loan with an 85% interest rate? This guy is fuckin giving Antoine Walker a run for fuckin up the money.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i need to read this article or any on Ridiculous finances

Eddy Curry makes a lot, spends a lot and owes a lot of money
    By Trey Kerby

Eddy Curry made a shade over $10 million this year as a member of the New York Knicks. Normally, I'd have said "playing for the New York Knicks," but that's a bit of an overstatement as Curry saw time in only seven games this season. Somehow, that's an improvement as the big guy appeared in just three contests the previous year. Baby steps, you guys.

Despite that enormous salary ? and the fact that Curry has made more than $57 million in his nine-year career ? the former No. 4 draft pick is seriously in debt. As the Associated Press reports, Curry defaulted on a $575,000 loan with an 85 percent interest rate, which can only happen in Nevada, and has been ordered to pay back $1.2 million to Allstar Capital Inc., the world's most ironic loan service.

However, Curry argues that he shouldn't have to pay off that debt, because he's spending too much money in other places. According to reports filed in the suit Curry's outgoing payments include:

? $30,000 a month for "household expenses."

? $17,000 a month to various relatives including his parents, sister and father-in-law.

? More than $1,000 a month for cable and satellite television.

? $207,000 a month in garnished wages that haven't been elaborated upon, but adds up to almost $2.5 million that Eddy Curry never sees over the course of a year.

? $350,000 to Juwan Howard. (What?)

Curry also owns 12 cars, three of which ? a Rolls Royce convertible and two Land Rovers ? may be taken by Allstar Capital, though Curry's lawyer says that they have reached "a mutually satisfactory resolution of the matter." Maybe Curry gets one of the Land Rovers and can drive the Rolls to important events? Seems fair to me.

Furthermore, Curry is still involved in that creepy sexual harrassment lawsuit from January of last year. Oh, and he's fighting with lawyers who he says mismanaged his money, leading to the foreclosure of his $3.7 million home near Chicago. Not to mention Curry's son's mother was murdered in January of 2009. Saying it's been a rough 16 months for the former Chicago standout is selling things a little short, I'd say.

On the bright side, Curry holds a player option of $11.2 million on his contract for next season. Pretty safe bet that he takes the Knicks up on that, even if he never sees a cent of it.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Jackson should figure out the zone. If not...

The reason nobody plays zone in the NBA is because any team that can shoot a 15 foot jumper can break it. The problem with the Lakers is that a) they don't have a point guard who is penetrating the zone and then kicking for open shots, and b) they don't have enough guys who can shoot on the perimeter - outside of Kobe. Odom and Artest are killing them.

I also think people take for granted how great Pheonix's offense was last night. They run the pick and roll to perfection and when you have 3 or 4 options on the three point line, the Lakers basically have to choose how they want to get beat. Either they give up the 3 and concentrate on doubling down low, or they double down low and give up the 3. I think what you saw last night was the Lakers sagging in the paint more on D. It helped prevent Amare from going off, but they got burned everywhere else.

The most remarkable thing about last night's game was Kobe's 3rd quarter performance. One of the best I've ever seen in a playoff game.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Curry defaulted on a $575,000 loan with an 85 percent interest rate, which can only happen in Nevada.

What?

Curry defaulted on a $575,000 loan with an 85 percent interest rate, which can only happen in Nevada.

What?

Nevada has no usury limit.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Why arent his Cable expenses within Household?

Why is that isolated?

Why is that isolated?

There's a whole lotta why that comes outta that muhfucka's life right now.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thanks for this
    he's the NBA's own scott storch

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

Why is that isolated?

There's a whole lotta why that comes outta that muhfucka's life right now.

Did the Knicks(Isiah) give him that money or was it Chicago?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Is Curry Isiah Thomas' crowning achievement? He traded two unprotected first-round picks to the Bulls for Curry, whom Chicago didn't want to resign because Eddy wouldn't consent to a DNA test on a irregular heart condition (a decision I sided with Eddy on at the time).

Back onto the tattoo topic from several pages back. Can't believe I forgot Brad Miller's "Scrappy Do" tat:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Is Curry Isiah Thomas' crowning achievement? He traded two unprotected first-round picks to the Bulls for Curry

Who did Chicago turn the picks into? Please tell me one of them wasn't Derrick Rose.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Is Curry Isiah Thomas' crowning achievement? He traded two unprotected first-round picks to the Bulls for Curry

Who did Chicago turn the picks into? Please tell me one of them wasn't Derrick Rose.

Edit: I guess we just had the right to swap picks with the Knicks, which worked out because New York sucked. I am not positive but I am pretty sure the swaps resulted in Bulls drafting Lamarcus Aldridge (traded for Tyrus Thomas on draft night) and Joakim Noah.

Rose was a gift from David Stern. Bulls had very little chance of winning the lottery, but Stern fondled the balls.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Jackson should figure out the zone. If not...

The reason nobody plays zone in the NBA is because any team that can shoot a 15 foot jumper can break it. The problem with the Lakers is that a) they don't have a point guard who is penetrating the zone and then kicking for open shots, and b) they don't have enough guys who can shoot on the perimeter - outside of Kobe. Odom and Artest are killing them.

I also think people take for granted how great Pheonix's offense was last night. They run the pick and roll to perfection and when you have 3 or 4 options on the three point line, the Lakers basically have to choose how they want to get beat. Either they give up the 3 and concentrate on doubling down low, or they double down low and give up the 3. I think what you saw last night was the Lakers sagging in the paint more on D. It helped prevent Amare from going off, but they got burned everywhere else.

The most remarkable thing about last night's game was Kobe's 3rd quarter performance. One of the best I've ever seen in a playoff game.

THIS I can agree with. Especially the first paragraph.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Damn, Baby and Marquis Daniels getting concussions! You know they playing physical. I wanna see a Game 7 ECF!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Magic doing the damn thing!

Still don't see this turning into Suns/Magic for the Finals though. But man, you gotta love these turnarounds.

I'd hate to take a Dwight Howard elbow to the grill.......

The dude is redeeming himself though. He needs to stay focused like this every game.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Magic doing the damn thing!

Still don't see this turning into Suns/Magic for the Finals though. But man, you gotta love these turnarounds.

JUST
    WAIT

I'M READY FOR BOTH TEAMS TO

SHOCK

THE

WORLD

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ho-hum

• autoauto 198 Posts

haha i was laughing at this when i saw it in the game

Dwight Howard, the new Bill Cartwright of the flying elbow game.

Dwight Howard, the new Bill Cartwright of the flying elbow game.

Dude doesn't know how to get good post position. He tries to do it with his arms and elbows, instead of his ass. I think he gets discouraged too easily. I mean, Shaq was getting HAMMERED on almost every possession in the playoffs, that didn't necessarily discourage him.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    well, throwing elbows @ Celtic players' heads seems to be working for him so far.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    FUK LA FOR FOOD POISONING ALVIN GENTRY
    GO SUNS

A healthy Andrew Bynum is greatly missed. That dude makes such a big difference.

DEEP FRIED AVOCADO

Also, Lakers need to get someone at the high post. This is like "How to break a zone" 101.....

Moark, you ok?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    We are going to kill The Suns in Game #6