Facebook YAY or NAY

1235»

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    The latest South Park on facebook was pretty damn epic...

http://www.southparkstudios.com

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Oh yes, please do dictate to us how we should and shouldn't be communicating with our own friends.

I didn't realize I had dictatorial power over you.....from here on out I'll use it for much more evil purposes.

I was talking to zee German.

I was merely exercising my freedom of speech.
    Trust me, should I ever have any dictatorial ambitions, I would not waste them on you.
    Don't you have a friend to poke?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Don't you have a friend to poke?

That's what she said?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Two questions:
    What does a poke mean?

"Hey, don't forget that I exist! Pay attention to me!"

And what are "gifts" I have a bunch of them just sitting there and I am afraid to click on them!
    Am I expected to send a gift in return?

haha - oh boy.

I'm choosing to stay ignorant about this then.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Two questions:
    What does a poke mean?

And what are "gifts" I have a bunch of them just sitting there and I am afraid to click on them!
    Am I expected to send a gift in return?

haha - oh boy.

I'm choosing to stay ignorant about this then.

Good call.

Facebook does have its useful aspects, but a lot of it--like the above-mentioned pokes and gifts--are fu[/b]ckin' stupid.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    You know how you can go through people you don't know's photo albums just because one of your friends is tagged in one of their photos. Well, facebook was made for sharing...

• Frank - your response made some good points and I definitely was being overly dramatic in my post. I just got excited that after years of searching unsuccessfully with Google for some old friends, I finally found them or they found me on FB.

When I equate liking FB to liking my friends, I mean that many of my friends often post up funny, thought provoking, informative, or clever status updates that can make FB very entertaining.
    There's no question that "real" news headlines are all controlled and paid for, but my FB "news feed" is much more personal and "real" in a different way. Certainly none of my friends are getting paid to post!
    I'll also admit that many of my "friends" are less "actual" friends and more "aquaintences I'd rather stay in touch with if it's not too difficult". It is sad if you need a site to stay in touch with your closest friends; but for that second/third tier, it is a great tool.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Facebook YAY or NAY
    YAY

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Oh yes, please do dictate to us how we should and shouldn't be communicating with our own friends.

I didn't realize I had dictatorial power over you.....from here on out I'll use it for much more evil purposes.

Make him listen to UK hip-Hop.

Michael Cera rap.

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    i would like to start a group called "I was heckled on facebook in good fun , but now i'm sad"
    especially for the people who post about music and then get really upset because you don't think they are the g.o.a.t. ... it's like yeah the rolling stones are pretty cool, but how long can you post lyrics from paint it black?

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    I just watched "We live in Public" (it's an instant watch on netflix), it's food for thought in this debate.