Facebook YAY or NAY

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I hardly use it and I think it's fun. I got on to it to hit more people for my night(s) and it has definitely worked for me. To second DOR, it has also provided a lot of good info on what to do. I found out about movies and shows theough FB that never reached me through any other channels.
    I refuse to use my real name or have my picture up in it.
    If someone I don't know tries to friend up, I ask how they found me and why they want to be friends. A couple of people answered with legitimate reasons. The others, whatever. Also, I have kicked off a few people who I see in real life and they ignore me lol
    I will say, it is incredible how many times people update their status with pseudo-philosophical/spiritual BS.

Eat more shit.
    Millions of flies can't be wrong.

Word. 'Cause people are flies. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule of hating everything on the planet except African records and real Bavarian farm bacon to respond.

I think he also like dogs. But really. That look is getting old, Frank.

cmon now, don't hate him cause he's free!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I hardly use it and I think it's fun. I got on to it to hit more people for my night(s) and it has definitely worked for me. To second DOR, it has also provided a lot of good info on what to do. I found out about movies and shows theough FB that never reached me through any other channels.
    I refuse to use my real name or have my picture up in it.
    If someone I don't know tries to friend up, I ask how they found me and why they want to be friends. A couple of people answered with legitimate reasons. The others, whatever. Also, I have kicked off a few people who I see in real life and they ignore me lol
    I will say, it is incredible how many times people update their status with pseudo-philosophical/spiritual BS.

This sunset is really making me feel one with the earth and my iPhone.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    the question should not be about Facebook itself (the brand, the product), but the broader concept of a platform that easily integrates multiple forms of digital communication. bitching about how that is unnecessary is what sounds so geriasshurt of my lawn.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    the question should not be about Facebook itself (the brand, the product), but the broader concept of a platform that easily integrates multiple forms of digital communication. bitching about how that is unnecessary is what sounds so geriasshurt of my lawn.

If you had a hand made crocodile skull phone, you wouldn't need facebook either.

If you had a hand made crocodile skull phone, you wouldn't need facebook either.

Don't NEED Facebook, but I use it and get a lot of good results. Sure I could get results by other methods. But why? Is there some kind of unique and glorious feeling you get taping flyers to a bus stop that I'm missing?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    [Archaic]

[/Archaic]

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Eat more shit.

Word. 'Cause people are flies. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule of hating everything on the planet except African records and real Bavarian farm bacon to respond.

ROTFL!

What would you do if I tried to add you as a FB friend?

Are you still using that Ibert bike seat? I read the limit is 35 lbs. my son is pushing 34.5 and I'm still using it daily. thing is the best evar. what am i gonna do next?

Yeah, when I can I like to ride around the park with it. Last time we went there was a couple having sex in their car in the park parking area. So that was neat. H******n has a ways to go before he reaches 35 pounds, but once he grows out of it maybe he will be old enough to get a little tricycle or something.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I have one but have have spent a total of 30 minutes on it since I set it up.

It's been helpful once in tracking down a musician I was looking for.

Facebook is like a funeral.....If I really wanted to see you I would have done so when you were alive.

[Archaic]

[/Archaic]

Let down again. I watched that whole thing waiting for something about Lizard people.

Plus it's from 2006--which is like 1776 in Facebook years.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    once he grows out of it maybe he will be old enough to get a little tricycle or something.

once he grows out of it maybe he will be old enough to get a little tricycle or something.

There needs to be something in between these two things:

For kids 3-5.

I commute by bike and my son's daycare is on the same block. So we ride together.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    carry him on your shoulders and tell him to HANG ON.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    For anyone with a business of any type Facebook really can be extremely valuable. Not only for being able to do mass invites to events, sharing mixtapes if you're a DJ, etc, but also just connecting your fans more to your "brand". Scoff if you like, but it's true.

A HUGE number of people spend a shitload of time on Facebook, so it's an invaluable tool for getting their attention. Unless you think none of your potential audience spends time on Facebook, which you're almost guaranteed to be wrong about.

Did everyone else catch this a few weeks ago, when Facebook became the most popular website in America? It's only getting more popular too, whereas Google's plateaued.

On the website of the magazine I work for, we get about 25% of our traffic from Facebook. Real talk.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/compan...bsite/19400137/

Eat more shit.

I think he also like dogs. But really. That look is getting old, Frank.

cmon now, don't hate him cause he's free!

i wanna be free. help me.

but hey, if Frank had a the Facebooks, he could post videos of him with his dog(s).

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    YaY but lately I really haven't given much thought about FB. My last gf was annoying with it. She would get upset at me if I didn't comment back on her wall, picture comments and my favorite is when the gf get's jealous when you add your female friends. I've added alot of SS folks as well so I see nothing wrong with FB. It's those people that do annoying things that makes you say "F Facebook".

People from work want to friend up. NO.

Those are two worlds that should never collide.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have one and it's a good way to share articles, music and things with like minded folks. But the whole "I'm getting a burger now" shit is stupid.
    Facebook is what you make it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    And how about airplane food? What's up with that?!

And how about airplane food? What's up with that?!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    HAS 4,485 FACEBOOK FRIENDS

It's true. I just checked.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DJ Day is obsessed with me and not you.

^^^That's a new facebook fan page I'm about to start.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    People from work want to friend up. NO.

Those are two worlds that should never collide.

you can also accept their request and block them from seeing anything.

Those were great. I'm the baby person. Damn.

I've seen quite a few of these too.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I have one but have have spent a total of 30 minutes on it since I set it up.
    Same. I really don't see how people have time for that shit.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

So dead on.

^^^^^^^^^^
    MISERY LADY

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I do be posting baby photos.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

So dead on.

^^^^^^^^^^
    MISERY LADY

More of the force-feeding Laker victories and posting inflammatory responses to friend's photos variety. Nothing different from SS.

I do be posting baby photos.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    HUMAN INCARNATION OF ZIGGY JOKE-A-DAY CALENDAR